Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
Some group called my wife and left a message about her credit. she ask me to call back since it didn't make sense. It was a scam. and since it was a local number i called the local police. they transferred me around and a cop finally told me that there were SO many like this that they didn't even want to take the number from me but they were "happy" we hadn't fell for it. he sounded like he just wanted to get me off the phone to get back to his coffee.

Based on what's being said here i should have called the FBI as well?
the local cops didn't make that suggestion. they made NO suggestions other than "be careful".
We are careful, i was thinking the cops would help others by shutting down these guys.

I chalked it up to the concept of having to protect yourself because no one really gives a crap.
Yeah, local cops have better things to do than try to investigate national / international scams like that. I wouldn't think most police departments have a budget that allows investigations into areas beyond their jurisdiction.

I don't know if the FBI follows up on every reported scam, but that is one of their assigned tasks.

It just takes a few minutes, Rev! I reported using that link I gave earlier in this thread and I never heard back from them about it... but at least it may have helped them bust the scumbags.