Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    No one man can defend 800 acres against a group of men hellbent on taking it and the cattle. Likely would take over a dozen well armed men to defend such a large area-- and then to defend a herd that size-not likely at all, IMHO...
    First the herd must be cared for and that would take away much manpower.

I had a very nice M1 carbine that I foolishly sold back in 1987 for 650 dollars..
    Have always regretted that. Guy wanted it bad, as he collected M1's.
    He had none made by GM, Inland Division. I had paid 50 bucks for it, sold it 4 years later for 650. Just could not pass that up..
    I have always wanted a M1 Garand.. Maybe someday if I ever find the right one at the right price. -Tyr
    I see M1 Carbines at gun shows. $650 is about the going price. Kind of a small bullet.

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yep... 800 acres is not going to be in town or on the edge of town, its going to be out in the middle of nowhere near other very much open land, and that's going to be hard to defend, and if people are starving and they know you have 300 head of cattle, they're going to try and steal one, two, some or the whole damn herd, so it's going to take quite a few people to watch over them and repel any attempts at rustling.

Have I seen the semi-auto 30.06? Yeah, it's called an MI Garand...

I have some armored piercing 30.06 ammo but no 30.06. I often look at them at gun shows, and if I find the right rifle for the right price I'll buy it. I also have, I think it's phosphorous tipped, rounds for my AK, so I could start a house, car, whatever on fire if I shot it.

This kicks an M1's ass IMO.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post