Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sorry. I don't see the funny part to killing people. Winning a battle always has a price.
    You're not killing anyone - the "kill" is when a tank is destroyed. After the battle the destroyed tank is repaired and the same crew stay with that tank.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You're not killing anyone - the "kill" is when a tank is destroyed. After the battle the destroyed tank is repaired and the same crew stay with that tank.
    Yeah? How many people make up a tank crew? That tank doesn't go away without them.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't see making a game of this. Lard-asses sitting on mommy's sofa playing some game they can't play in real life when the stakes aren't a reset button.

But, I can't even watch war movies without flipping, so ......
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah? How many people make up a tank crew? That tank doesn't go away without them.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't see making a game of this. Lard-asses sitting on mommy's sofa playing some game they can't play in real life when the stakes aren't a reset button.

But, I can't even watch war movies without flipping, so ......

Anywhere from 3 to 7.

I won't get into a debate about how terrible destroying a digital tank is that is manned by digital people. That's as silly as PETA crusading against Mario Brothers because you made a digital Mario jump on top of a digital turtle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Anywhere from 3 to 7.

I won't get into a debate about how terrible destroying a digital tank is that is manned by digital people. That's as silly as PETA crusading against Mario Brothers because you made a digital Mario jump on top of a digital turtle.
    Think about it though. The digital tank with digital crew members is based on .... what?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Just picked this up on PlayStation last night, seems very solid and done a good and picked up my first 5/0 this morn (:

My current feeling on the game however is that the skill trees / upgrade paths look very broad, and come with a one sentence explanation that doesn't really explain anything. So going from a noobie perspective what perks/skills/upgrades for tanks and crew are desirable?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

7. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Just picked this up on PlayStation last night, seems very solid and done a good and picked up my first 5/0 this morn (:

My current feeling on the game however is that the skill trees / upgrade paths look very broad, and come with a one sentence explanation that doesn't really explain anything. So going from a noobie perspective what perks/skills/upgrades for tanks and crew are desirable?

There's a million different strategies, but I always went with 'Brothers in Arms' skill first, and then their individual talents after that. I did that for every different tank/artillery.

Bear in mind, though, that the effect does not come into play until every one of your crew members have that skill at 100%. But it makes a huge difference as to how they perform in battle.

9. Thanks Noir thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Bear in mind, though, that the effect does not come into play until every one of your crew members have that skill at 100%.
    Well damn, that's pretty big xD
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Well damn, that's pretty big xD
    Half of crewmember skills are cumulative... for example, if you're training your driver in the Off Road skill, your tank will slowly get faster and more maneuverable when driving through swamps and such as he gets higher, until finally he reaches 100%.

Those skills are nice, because you at least get some benefit as you grind through leveling their skills up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

@CSM

Still playing? I dusted it off and played a bit yesterday... they've updated the game nicely, almost 8 gigs of updates.

There's a new 7 vs 7 battle that they added, essentially you've got a 7-man platoon so you can work with guys you know are good instead of the random bunch of idiots. Add me to your friend's list in game and join up for some ass whoopin!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@CSM

Still playing? I dusted it off and played a bit yesterday... they've updated the game nicely, almost 8 gigs of updates.

There's a new 7 vs 7 battle that they added, essentially you've got a 7-man platoon so you can work with guys you know are good instead of the random bunch of idiots. Add me to your friend's list in game and join up for some ass whoopin!
    Just saw this. Yep, still playing. I will try to look you up in game. I suspect the time difference between NH and AK will be a bit of a problem but we can give it a shot!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Just saw this. Yep, still playing. I will try to look you up in game. I suspect the time difference between NH and AK will be a bit of a problem but we can give it a shot!
    Will have to wait until this fall when things slow down for me.

15. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

can one play against AI or is this network play only, with live players?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    can one play against AI or is this network play only, with live players?
    Live players. Though there is a very small training scenario to get you used to the controls and such. WARNING: this game has a VERY STEEP learning curve. It is very addicting and VERY VERY frustrating at times.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

@CSM

Have you played the Frontline scenario yet? I dusted off WOT and started playing again & my brother introduced me to that one. It is awesome!

30 vs 30 on a map that's 9 times bigger than the usual one. You can take your platoon into it.

It's limited to only Tier 8 rigs, so you'll need at least a couple in your garage. They give you the American T-32 Heavy and the Soviet T-44 in case you're short on T8 rigs, but they're not as good as one of your own natural T8s in your fleet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@CSM

Have you played the Frontline scenario yet? I dusted off WOT and started playing again & my brother introduced me to that one. It is awesome!

30 vs 30 on a map that's 9 times bigger than the usual one. You can take your platoon into it.

It's limited to only Tier 8 rigs, so you'll need at least a couple in your garage. They give you the American T-32 Heavy and the Soviet T-44 in case you're short on T8 rigs, but they're not as good as one of your own natural T8s in your fleet.
    Yep. On my fourth effort at prestige. Once completed you earn 1000 bonds. I like the Frontline mode a lot and hope they make it permanent.
    Thomas Jefferson