Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
I just hate arty soooo much! I am a retired red leg too.... I guess I'll have to at least try it... what line do you think is best to start with for arty?
Arty is wildly different. Mine are German, their accuracy is much better than the other flavors. The higher the tier, the more latitude your barrel will swing so you don't have to re-position your hull and begin aiming again.

A trick I learned fast is to position your Arty where you intend to begin working and then hit the 'X' key - that locks your hull in place and it won't rotate until you take it off or manually rotate your hull.

Ammunition Rammer and the + Aiming Speed are mandatory on those.

Also, be patient when you're trying to nail someone - wait until your aiming is as tight as it will go before you pull the trigger. Artillery is inaccurate as it is, patience is key... sometimes you get lucky with a shot that wasn't fully aimed, but 90% of the time you just wasted a shot and 45 seconds on a reload!

My brother is running up the Soviet Arty line, and his Tier 7 & 8 have a massive splash damage from the HE shells - last week he killed 3 tanks with one shot, it was one in a million.