Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flag Pledge

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    They should just sit still and keep their mouths shut. Is that too hard for spoon-pounding brat Liberals to understand?
    The irony being that the point presented in the OP is that one does not have to recite a pledge, i.e. They can keep your mouth shut - which appears to be drawing ire.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The people who are looking to ''start shit'' are the people from the OP who are criticising freedom of choice.

Noir. Actually. WE are really happy that no more people like you come here to claim to be Americans while constantly complaining, whining, and always demanding you are always right. You call "Starting Shit" what I, and others call Dedication, and Respect for our nation. YOU DO have that freedom of choice to disagree, and even hate what we stand for. And we exercise our freedom of choice to name ANTI-AMERICAN sentiments as we see them.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The irony being that the point presented in the OP is that one does not have to recite a pledge, i.e. They can keep your mouth shut - which appears to be drawing ire.
    The irony is that you read into things what you want, then try to
    preach about it. I see lots of things I do not like but just either stand and
    shake my head or walk away.

You flamers are different...you cannot leave stuff alone and have to
    whine all the time.

Need to pull off your bib and grow up.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

People never, honestly pledge allegiance. They are reciting a poem...they are simply saying words. To me it's a useless gesture and silly to require.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Is it un-American to have freedom of choice?
    Well, that's a simple and forthright query. You, being a Brit, are still within the feudal society concepts, as previously noted, that was totally rejected by our foundational documents.

Ever since marketing director for The Youth's Companion, James B. Upham, promoted the sale of American flags to schools — at a hefty profit for the magazine, by the way — and hired Francis Bellamy, a Baptist minister, to compose a short "pledge" that would inspire "patriotism" in the nation's youth, there has been controversy concerning a "pledge": Indoctrination of our children; unconstitutional; forced participation; considered to be idolatry; etc. In 1943, the Supreme Court declared that there was no requirement that the "pledge" be recited, and "asserted that such ideological dogma is antithetical to the principles of the country".

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us."

Some States make it a requirement that the "pledge" be recited in the schools, and therein lies the basis for the complaints filed with the courts. Petty tyrants, and the Number 42 Jacket & Number 2 Hat crowd still insist that it is "unpatriotic" to not recite, but many Americans, realizing that it is against American principles, reject this premise.

America has done quite well before this "pledge" thing became a prominent activity in our culture. It should be abolished, and we can all get back to being Americans again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    People never, honestly pledge allegiance. They are reciting a poem...they are simply saying words. To me it's a useless gesture and silly to require.

dmp. I agree with you in a way. In general. Only the insincere, lazy, irresponsible members of the perpetual ME, and I Generations have no respect for anything they have. They simply do not care to accept any responsibility that might coerce their phoniness, and ignorance into factual circumstances.

Nobody is REQUIRED to say it, or repeat it. Which separates the people who don't care, from those who Do.

A sad state for our entire society. Falling on the selfishness of the whiners, and crybabies around us.
    So, this is for them.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Nobody is REQUIRED to say it, or repeat it. .
    And yet "teen girls at South Portland High School in Maine are facing harsh criticism for giving their fellow students the option to abstain from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance."
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And yet "teen girls at South Portland High School in Maine are facing harsh criticism for giving their fellow students the option to abstain from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance."
    So? Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Expression, Freedom of Choice, and Freedom of Assembly are
    NOT One-Way streets as Liberals view them to be.

Some of that you make an example of is just part of growing up, which you seemed
    to have missed, or simple peer pressure.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

dmp. I agree with you in a way. In general. Only the insincere, lazy, irresponsible members of the perpetual ME, and I Generations have no respect for anything they have. They simply do not care to accept any responsibility that might coerce their phoniness, and ignorance into factual circumstances.

Nobody is REQUIRED to say it, or repeat it. Which separates the people who don't care, from those who Do.

A sad state for our entire society. Falling on the selfishness of the whiners, and crybabies around us.
    What does "care" have to do with it, perv?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    Well, that's a simple and forthright query. You, being a Brit, are still within the feudal society concepts, as previously noted, that was totally rejected by our foundational documents.

Ever since marketing director for The Youth's Companion, James B. Upham, promoted the sale of American flags to schools — at a hefty profit for the magazine, by the way — and hired Francis Bellamy, a Baptist minister, to compose a short "pledge" that would inspire "patriotism" in the nation's youth, there has been controversy concerning a "pledge": Indoctrination of our children; unconstitutional; forced participation; considered to be idolatry; etc. In 1943, the Supreme Court declared that there was no requirement that the "pledge" be recited, and "asserted that such ideological dogma is antithetical to the principles of the country".

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us."

Some States make it a requirement that the "pledge" be recited in the schools, and therein lies the basis for the complaints filed with the courts. Petty tyrants, and the Number 42 Jacket & Number 2 Hat crowd still insist that it is "unpatriotic" to not recite, but many Americans, realizing that it is against American principles, reject this premise.

America has done quite well before this "pledge" thing became a prominent activity in our culture. It should be abolished, and we can all get back to being Americans again.
    Reciting the pledge should be a voluntary act.
    Nobody should be forced to recite the pledge. Just as nobody should force it to banned in schools.
    In my high school back in the late 60's /early seventies, we recited the pledge from first grade up to
    12th grade.
    A large American flag stood in a corner by the teacher's desk each grade level faced the flag and recited the pledge first opening class of the day.
    Nobody objected...nobody!!
    And we each knew exactly what those words meant....
    These days its almost a sin to be patriotic if one believes the dem/libs/leftists.
    Those maggots that are truly only fit to be garbage collectors and sewer cleaners..--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 05-02-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks LongTermGuy, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    What does "care" have to do with it, perv?

Maybe someone should pretend to CARE about you when you call someone a perv. If I am a perv. I have convinced you that my ability to IMITATE YOU is working.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Reciting the pledge should be a voluntary act.
    Nobody should be forced to recite the pledge. Just as nobody should force it to banned in schools.
    In my high school back in the late 60's /early seventies, we recited the pledge from first grade up to
    12th grade.
    A large American flag stood in a corner by the teacher's desk each grade level faced the flag and recited the pledge first opening class of the day.
    Nobody objected...nobody!!
    And we each knew exactly what those words meant....
    These days its almost a sin to be patriotic if one believes the dem/libs/leftists.
    Those maggots that are truly only fit to be garbage collectors and sewer cleaners..--Tyr
    We also had a prayer delivered by local clergy on a Wednesday.

Nobody objected...nobody refused to listen...never was a problem.

Flags were in each classroom.

Now liberal asses in CA insist Mexican flags be flown in or at USA schools.

Libs and their whining and lawsuit threatening strategy are forcing the
    majority to cave in.

It's about time someone stood up to them...but the 'tolerant' Libs resort to
    violence.

A Deplorable!

16. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

We also had a prayer delivered by local clergy on a Wednesday.

Nobody objected...nobody refused to listen...never was a problem.

Flags were in each classroom.

Now liberal asses in CA insist Mexican flags be flown in or at USA schools.

Libs and their whining and lawsuit threatening strategy are forcing the
    majority to cave in.

It's about time someone stood up to them...but the 'tolerant' Libs resort to
    violence.

...so true dear friend....

"but the 'tolerant' Libs resort to
    violence"

One day someone will come along who supports the Police...and they him....and This someone will let them do their Jobs...*Police and National Guard....and put an end to the Leftist insanity once and for all...

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Maybe someone should pretend to CARE about you when you call someone a perv. If I am a perv. I have convinced you that my ability to IMITATE YOU is working.
    Perv is as perv does...

PERV

Besides, you didn't explain what "care" has to do with it. Maybe you could organize a WCS with others and then you could all pledge to your hearts content, and leave the schools for their proper roll in society.

Last edited by indago; 05-02-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I did not say anything about freedom of choice. The spiraling problem
    is those that have no respect for the feelings of the majority. They should
    just sit still and keep their mouths shut. Is that too hard for spoon-pounding
    brat Liberals to understand? You pipe up without even understanding the
    intent of the message, trying to interpret it in your own bent fashion.
    You've got the freedom to choose between being an adult and let things pass,
    or choosing to get whiny all the damn time if you do not like something.

If you spoon-pounders do not like something, so what? Do you expect the
    vast majority to kiss your ass because you get butt-hurt all the time?

The Pledge is meant to honor ALL Americans without exception. Why a
    Gay Brit makes this a personal issue is pure horseshit and beyond comprehension.
    Excellent post. I got to spread it around some to rep you again.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

21. Thanks Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post