Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A couple of comments:

Our nation was set up with the belief that man can govern himself and therefore government should be limited so that man can govern himself.

The first amendment was passed because our founders believed that we should have the right to express ourselves. But in denying the government the authority to regulate what we say, they did not abdicate our responsibility to govern our own speech.

I believe that we have a responsibility to govern our speech. The scriptures discuss this in James. Paul also taught us to avoid corrupt communications. I believe this means we have a responsibility to be honest in our words. But also to be kind and merciful with them. We should use our words to build people up and not tear them down. I believe we will be blessed when we use our abilities to communicate correctly.

I also think that is what the thread is discussing. We can honestly talk about issues of race without using racial slurs or insults. We can use our words to heal and not divide us further.

Some comments about being inferior or superior. I disagree. We are all inferior at some things and superior in others. We all have different gifts and skills. For example I'm athletically inferior Michael Jordan. I'm artistically inferior to Pablo Picasso. My gifts are elsewhere. And in those I may be superior to those people I just mentioned.

The fact that we have different gifts doesn't mean our value as a human is different. And we can't judge people as groups because we are all given different gifts as individuals.

One of the most beautiful passages of scripture I've read discusses the doing away with classifying ourselves in different groups.

"And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people." 4 Nephi 1:15

I think that's the key to a lot of things. We need the love of God in our hearts. No matter what our faith tradition we need to see those around us with the same love God has for them. When that happens we will see miracles in our society.

Didn't expect to write so much. I hope I didn't take too much of anyone's time rereading this.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

4. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Your token not really quite a liberal? Why don't you get Pixie too? You know ... the one that only ever seems to show up when I do? That one? The one that agrees with every ass kisser on the board because she's a slut that uses everyone?

Go ahead. Make my day. Unless you got no balls and just ban me. Otherwise, belt up, junior.
    You can talk normal in PM's when you returned here. All is fine. Then mysteriously, every now and again, you come here like this - and get angry and start shit. It's call TUI, similar to DUI. I'm not going into shit like this with you whenever you go on a bender. It's always been quite easy though. If you don't like 3 members, or how we "cater" to them, or if you don't like Pixie, and you refuse to use the ignore button, then go elsewhere.

Amazing how you can go from a participating member about politics one day, and return as a drunk complainer the next.

And as for the balls, and belting up - I think we went that route once before, tough guy. I don't play that game, took you up on your offer, and instead of replying you bailed altogether from here. So save your tough guy BS.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Grow the hell up dude. Every damn time you show up here you start whining about some member as if your ass is gold!
    Or point out how long he has been a member, or that he too ran a board once.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Or point out how long he has been a member, or that he too ran a board once.
    I've seen this ten thousand times, my younger brother is an alcoholic . He does this same crap every time he doesn't get his way or people don't kiss his ass by feeling sorry enough for him.
    And ONLY HE is ever right !
    What he is really saying is, "I am jealous, you people aren't paying enough attention to me, to ME!

I also was once married to an alcoholic, she ran with pretty much the same damn pattern...
    Nothing worse than an alcoholic wanting to be in total control when their damn addiction shows they can not even control their own life properly.

Gunny has a Stalin complex--- when it total power he deals ruthlessly and deems himself a demi-god but when out of power (not the board owner) he whines like a child..
    Truly pathetic IMHO.. BUT then again Ive dealt with it for over 40+ years with my much younger brother Ronald.--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-20-2015 at 07:44 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Jimmy have you had your coffee yet"....

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 03-20-2015 at 08:28 AM.

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    "Jimmy have you had your coffee yet"....

Dat gal sho' bez healthy!!! --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Dat gal sho' bez healthy!!! --Tyr

`You seen Jims other thread on her right...? she is..shall we say...special....she can bring me Coffee anytime...`

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    `You seen Jims other thread on her right...? she is..shall we say...special....she can bring me Coffee anytime...`
    Missed that thread.
    No way, not me! My wife would kill me if that pretty gal brought me coffee!
    Trust me on this, this man knows when he has a treasure already
    and sho' aint a gonna mess dat up.. --Tyr

17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post