Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Now, me being sorry, and me being an SOB are 2 different things. Not that you're incorrect about that, but I only addressed myself being "sorry". You, not so sneakily, added in the insult. Now, I hope a very small spider crawls into your ear and lays eggs.
    I am reminded of the short story about the earwig...

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

And then, there was THIS...

4. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    I am reminded of the short story about the earwig...
    I haven't seen them little bastards since I was a kid. I remember seeing them pinchers and then stepping on them and squishing them. The word "ear" alone was enough for me to know they needed to hit the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    And then, there was THIS...
    Opened article, quickly read, and NO WAY I click on that video! LOL I'll have fricking nightmares. Spiders are the worst things on earth!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

There is a reason why I am only now making my first comment to this thread. You see I post exactly what I think and whether it be right or wrong its the truth as I see it and know it. Yet there are those that avoid answering in debate with me by calling those TRUTHS A DEROGORATORY TERM, saying its just me "ranting". Ok, lets just say it is me "ranting", can not a rant have truth in it?

I've been here long enough to make lots of friends and trust me they are very good people as I shy the hell away from the other kind. Although not ever out of fear but always out of the use of common sense and adhering to my core principles.

Now, on to the free speech and posting here aspect. Of course there has to be some limits or else it is a damn free for all chaotic mess 24/7--like some boards are! Who the hell wants that?
    The problem is how much leeway is given when a regular member goes out on a limb when speaking on a subject he or she may be very passionate about. Are they to be called on the carpet about it or just let in go because judging their past history of postings shows they are not trolling nor are they a raving racist/bigot/homophobe!

Currently in my view there is a bit too much of the false accusations part going on here by one or two members to AVOID certain truths when pointed out to them in a debate.
    This avoidance by casting out the accusation of troll or bigot or racist or "ranter" gets old after a couple years!

Here is a suggestion, how about those charging a member with being a troll, etc just contact admin here and have the ffing matter settled by those in charge!

After facing three solid years of having that false accusation leveled at me I decide a few months ago to slow down my posting here and to leave by mid year!

I am not a shy or sensitive guy but logging in everyday and seeing the false accusation made does get old.

Sure, I've been blessed to have some mighty fine people here become my friends but myself its just too damn irritating to see most of my sourced/linked posts charged off as rants, bigotry or racism . And then see that ffing false charged thanked by others.

Closing down my poetry thread most likely this month. My thread showing the truth about Islam I am closing down by June..

YALL ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY...---Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    There is a reason why I am only now making my first comment to this thread. You see I post exactly what I think and whether it be right or wrong its the truth as I see it and know it. Yet there are those that avoid answering in debate with me by calling those TRUTHS A DEROGORATORY TERM, saying its just me "ranting". Ok, lets just say it is me "ranting", can not a rant have truth in it?
    Dude, you seriously need to chill out.
    First of all, you are committing the cardinal sin of taking this board too seriously. It's the internet. You yell at someone. They yell at you back. It's all water off a duck's back.
    I have heated arguments with you. I get pissed off at you. But I respect you. The fact that I sometimes choose not to debate you in depth means I either don't have the time, or am not interested enough in the subject matter.
    You are not right all the time. No one is. Even Republicans are not right all the time.
    Stop pouting and go back to swinging.

10. Thanks indago thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I've been here long enough to make lots of friends and trust me they are very good people as I shy the hell away from the other kind. Although not ever out of fear but always out of the use of common sense and adhering to my core principles.

Now, on to the free speech and posting here aspect. Of course there has to be some limits or else it is a damn free for all chaotic mess 24/7--like some boards are! Who the hell wants that?
    The problem is how much leeway is given when a regular member goes out on a limb when speaking on a subject he or she may be very passionate about. Are they to be called on the carpet about it or just let in go because judging their past history of postings shows they are not trolling nor are they a raving racist/bigot/homophobe!

Currently in my view there is a bit too much of the false accusations part going on here by one or two members to AVOID certain truths when pointed out to them in a debate.
    This avoidance by casting out the accusation of troll or bigot or racist or "ranter" gets old after a couple years!

Here is a suggestion, how about those charging a member with being a troll, etc just contact admin here and have the ffing matter settled by those in charge!

After facing three solid years of having that false accusation leveled at me I decide a few months ago to slow down my posting here and to leave by mid year!

I am not a shy or sensitive guy but logging in everyday and seeing the false accusation made does get old.

Sure, I've been blessed to have some mighty fine people here become my friends but myself its just too damn irritating to see most of my sourced/linked posts charged off as rants, bigotry or racism . And then see that ffing false charged thanked by others.

Closing down my poetry thread most likely this month. My thread showing the truth about Islam I am closing down by June..

YALL ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY...---Tyr
    When did you stop beating your dog?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I understand where you come from, but understand that those things are solely between member to member. Staff doesn't condone nor condemn. I don't think you're a troll at all. I think pointing out facts/truths are not racist at all. I think sometimes when we post, we can also be a little racist at times, particularly when speaking about Obama. But I don't see you as a racist/bigot, unless speaking about Islam. <---- and I'm right there with you on that one. Ranting? Hell, we all rant about our favorite subject at times.

When people don't like one another, that person is a troll/ranter or whatever. I do it, and others do it to me. I was accused of being a nazi for a long time. I am German, but it's still a tad harsh!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Dude, you seriously need to chill out.
    First of all, you are committing the cardinal sin of taking this board too seriously. It's the internet. You yell at someone. They yell at you back. It's all water off a duck's back.
    I have heated arguments with you. I get pissed off at you. But I respect you. The fact that I sometimes choose not to debate you in depth means I either don't have the time, or am not interested enough in the subject matter.
    You are not right all the time. No one is. Even Republicans are not right all the time.
    Stop pouting and go back to swinging.
    F off, troll!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    When did you stop beating your dog?
    Is beating dogs your thang? Or are you just an inquisitive kind of guy looking for new thrills?
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-15-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I understand where you come from, but understand that those things are solely between member to member. Staff doesn't condone nor condemn. I don't think you're a troll at all. I think pointing out facts/truths are not racist at all. I think sometimes when we post, we can also be a little racist at times, particularly when speaking about Obama. But I don't see you as a racist/bigot, unless speaking about Islam. <---- and I'm right there with you on that one. Ranting? Hell, we all rant about our favorite subject at times.

When people don't like one another, that person is a troll/ranter or whatever. I do it, and others do it to me. I was accused of being a nazi for a long time. I am German, but it's still a tad harsh!
    First of all, I like nearly everyone here. When I first starting coming here, it was Tyr's posts that grabbed my attention and likely the reason I decided to join.

Secondly, take the political correctness out of the issue. What is wrong with being a "racist"? Seriously. I think liberal America has programmed everyone to think that believing in white superiority is somehow a sin. Do blacks not think they are the cat's meow? How about Arabs? Even Puerto Ricans somehow think they are superior to other groups.

Maybe it would be better if no race or nationality thinks they are superior to another, but that is not real life. If blacks think they are the best, I don't care. I don't care what any group thinks. If some ghetto girls think they are better than me, and as long as they don't harass or assault me, then I. don't. care. Same goes for me or any other white people. You NEVER hear the press complain about racism when it comes to anyone but white people. And that in itself is racism.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Where I worked previously I had a long conversation with HR that I kind of disagreed with at the time. They told me at mattered very little what I thought about my own words. Let me give a little background...

While the place was huge, the tech room was just a bunch of guys. Of course, being away from the rest of the company, one door, no windows - we often spoke like we were at the local bar. Sometimes we called one another some names that weren't too nice if you didn't know us. We laughed at the names and were all the best of friends. We couldn't understand what the big deal was.

Perception. What they said mattered is what the people heard, and whether it was offensive to them or not. You call a friend a dirty name - in a friendly manner - all that matters is how they perceived the words you spoke. This also went various other ways. If someone you weren't huge friends with, they use bad words in front of you, even if meant friendly, all that matters is how you perceived it. Same with others who simply overhear the words.

What is my point? The perception we give off with racism on our board. And once again, am I one of the worst offenders? I often will start threads about Ferguson, Sharpton, crime statistics... Some perceive my words as racist in nature. I don't use the N word unless contextually necessary. I don't name call if I can help it, and I try my best to avoid what perceptions might be seen by guest readers. But I understand the world we live in, and some will see racism if you just write the word "black man" - or even "Obama sucks".

But I think the majority, the overwhelming majority, know the major differences. Perception can insult. Discussions really shouldn't. Someone shouldn't be offended if I discuss crime within their particular race. Nor when I discuss current major events that discuss racial aspects. Nor pointing out racists like Sharpton. But other things said, even if we don't realize it at times, could send off vibes that one is racist. And even that is OK to an extent, anyone is free to be racist if they like.

I created and deleted a subforum awhile back that catered to "race relations". I made it so that the threads didn't show up at the top of the board. Then I moved the threads and deleted that forum. I don't want to do that again, as it's not fair to either side.

Some of the problem is subjects "leaking" from one thread to another. Often there will be a thread with good discussion, and sometimes a piece of it may be continued in another thread. Problem is, now those words are out of context for readers. In a Ferguson thread, a mention about black crime may seem innocent enough. Mentioning black crime in a thread about Twinkies may not sound quite as nice.

Sometimes it's meant as humor. But sometimes on man's humor is another man's insult.

ALL I'm asking is to please think of context. Keep threads on topic. Think about the perception of DP. Think of us as "family", and do you want your family looked upon a negative fashion? Do you know if we have black members or readers? What about other races? And please don't say you don't care, as this is a community, and we need to think about all of us as a package deal.

I'm sorry for things I have said that may have been perceived negatively, whether stated as such, or perceived incorrectly. Sometimes I don't write very well. Sometimes my out of control posts poke others into following suit.

And please don't yell at me for this. This isn't censorship or being a nazi or any of that crap. I'm not saying "you can't do this?" I'm simply speaking to the community, those who want this place to grow, explaining things, taking my responsibility, and hoping we can be a little better contextually and/or think about how we write things and how it may be perceived by the masses.

If I'm that way off base, you are free to ignore me, or politely explain how this is a wrong request.
    I suddenly feel very 'out of the loop' here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Is beating dogs your thang? Or are you just an inquisitive kind of guy looking for new thrills?
    I just thought you getting busted for shoplifting would have made you reflect on your other anti-social behaviors.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    First of all, I like nearly everyone here. When I first starting coming here, it was Tyr's posts that grabbed my attention and likely the reason I decided to join.
    Not surprising, Tyr's a cool character.

Secondly, take the political correctness out of the issue. What is wrong with being a "racist"? Seriously. I think liberal America has programmed everyone to think that believing in white superiority is somehow a sin. Do blacks not think they are the cat's meow? How about Arabs? Even Puerto Ricans somehow think they are superior to other groups.
    I think a lot of us are "loud and proud" of who we are. But that's different than turning around and calling someone a "nigger" for little to no reason, other than you don't like someone or because they are black. And even if someone wants to be racist - there are still ways to post without using derogatory terminology all the time.

I'm certainly not trying to step on anyone, limit freedom of speech or any of that. I just don't want the entire board to be perceived as a place where nothing but racist talk takes place. When such things become pronounced, the entire community may suffer in various ways. Current members that don't care for racism and/or bigotry may refrain from contributing. Guests that read the board may think 2x about joining. I try to look at things as a whole, the community as a whole, how things can affect us now and how so in the long term.

21. Thanks Perianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I just thought you getting busted for shoplifting would have made you reflect on your other anti-social behaviors.
    I think I know what you're doing with the "when did you stop beating your wife" thing, and perhaps Tyr does not, or maybe I'm just wrong. Either way, I don't think this is a good time, or place, to be poking at people.

23. Thanks hjmick, LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Not surprising, Tyr's a cool character.

I think a lot of us are "loud and proud" of who we are. But that's different than turning around and calling someone a "nigger" for little to no reason, other than you don't like someone or because they are black. And even if someone wants to be racist - there are still ways to post without using derogatory terminology all the time.

I'm certainly not trying to step on anyone, limit freedom of speech or any of that. I just don't want the entire board to be perceived as a place where nothing but racist talk takes place. When such things become pronounced, the entire community may suffer in various ways. Current members that don't care for racism and/or bigotry may refrain from contributing. Guests that read the board may think 2x about joining. I try to look at things as a whole, the community as a whole, how things can affect us now and how so in the long term.
    Jim, I was not criticizing your initial posts and I totally understood what you were saying. I think you know I like you. It's just when people talk about whites being racist is when it gets to me. By any liberal standards I am a racist.

I understand I am on someone else's forum and I try to follow the rules.

BTW, I haven't not forgotten my response to your PM. I have been very busy, but have three days off work now.

25. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post