Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Damn cat

Has an annoying habit of jumping on you and scaring the bejeezus out of you! Never mind the fact that I taught and encouraged this behavior. Anyway, so I'm making a sandwich and he's stalking me, going around my legs letting me know he's interested. I'm making a sandwich on the counter when of course the little bastard jumps up and tries to eat it while I'm still making it. He's a determined little bugger, even though I tell him no, while laughing and likely encouraging him more. So while I pull out the deli drawer on the fridge, I figure to make the sandwich in the open drawer on my plate. A second later I almost dropped the plate when something landed on my shoulders. Rather than instantly putting him down to correct his behavior, I pulled out my cell and grabbed a picture of the cute little bastard!! Man, it's hard to get angry with them, even when they are assholes at times!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

You know he loves you...

3. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

5. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My old black cat has an abscessed tooth so I've been giving him his antibiotic in the evening for the past nine days. He now hides when the sun goes down. One more pill and then we can rebuild trust.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

7. Thanks LongTermGuy, jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    My old black cat has an abscessed tooth so I've been giving him his antibiotic in the evening for the past nine days. He now hides when the sun goes down. One more pill and then we can rebuild trust.
    Awww, poor fella. Mine is the opposite right now. I give nightly medication to my Pug. I always put it in pill pockets - or for the last few months I've been using whatever we have, leftover foods, small pieces of cold cuts... Well, the cat accidentally came across this medicine time one day. Now at 7pm every night, the dog goes out, he comes back in, and when I open the cabinet where the pills are I will instantly have 6 eyeballs staring at me. Both dogs on the ground and the cat on the counter waiting to see what he can steal. The nervy little bastard will eat off of a knife as you're still cutting meat!!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My damn cat Always gives us a 5 am wake up call. Course with the time change 5 am is now 4 am and he didn't change his clock!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    My damn cat Always gives us a 5 am wake up call. Course with the time change 5 am is now 4 am and he didn't change his clock!
    And there is absolutely no cure for this. You can put out food, toys, beds and anything else that you like. The goal is to be annoying and piss you off and wake you up, and then look cute at the appropriate time so that you don't kill him. You can try locking him out of the room, but I've seen cats howl outside the doors or literally running into them!

Good luck!

12. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post