Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kerry never said our troops were terrorists. You should learn the english language a little better before you argue using it as your only evidence.

Durbin NEVER compared our troops to nazis either...

if your knowledge of the language stopped at "Dick and Jane". you really need to find another avenue with which to attack

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    kerry never said our troops were terrorists. You should learn the english language a little better before you argue using it as your only evidence.

if your knowledge of the language stopped at "Dick and Jane". you really need to find another avenue with which to attack

You can try to spin what John "I served in Viet Nam" said, but this is what he said. He called them terrorists no matter how you try to spin it

SCHIEFFER: All right. Let me shift to another point of view, and it comes from another Democrat, Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut. He takes a very different view. He says basically we should stay the course because, he says, real progress is being made. He said this is a war between 27 million Iraqis who want freedom and 10,000 terrorists. He says we're in a watershed transformation. What about that?

Sen. KERRY: Let me--I--first of all, there is so much more that unites Democrats than divides us. And Democrats have much more in common with each other than they do with George Bush's policy right now. Now Joe Lieberman, I believe, also voted for the resolution which said the president needs to make more clear what he's doing and set out benchmarks, and that the policy hasn't been working. We all believe him when you say, `Stay the course.' That's the president's policy, which hasn't been changing, which is a policy of failure. I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment. You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

Sen. KERRY: ...Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no spinning necessary.... only noting the very distinct difference between the words
    ter·ror·ize /ˈtɛrəˌraɪz/ [ter-uh-rahyz] –verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.
    1. to fill or overcome with terror.

and ...

ter·ror·ist /ˈtɛrərɪst/ [ter-er-ist] –noun
    1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

Kery never said that our troops were terrorISTS.... he said that our troops, by breaking into arab homes in the dead of night with squads of men - none of whom spoke arabic - might indeed scare the shit out of women and children so rudely awakened.

To scare the shit out of someone is synonymous with "terrorizing" themn....much like a rabid dog might "terrorize" a neighborhood.

That is a different word than TERRORIST.... but then, I wouldn't expect such nuanced understanding of the language to be comprehendable by a troglodyte such as you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keep spinning and defending the slandering of the troops. The US military knows how the left feels about them and they show it in every election

Libs do stand shoulder to shoulder with the troops - it is a very cold shoulder

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Keep spinning and defending the slandering of the troops. The US military knows how the left feels about them and they show it in every election

Libs do stand shoulder to shoulder with the troops - it is a very cold shoulder

keep ignoring the meaning of words.... it makes your attacks so much easier when you don't have to worry about such details, doesn't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and listen douchebag...I undoubtedly do more every week to support our troops in a very meaningful way, than you have done since the dawn of time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

terrorists terrorize. John "I served in Viet Name" Kerry called the terrorists. It seems you agree with him

The terrorists (the real ones) thank you for your support

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no...he said that our troops breaking into Iraqi homes in the dead of night scared women and children.

but if you need to twist the meanings of words around to make your case, why should I stand in your way?

and like I said...I do more every week to support our troops than you have done in your inconsequential lifetime

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You have a strange way of showing it by supporting those who slime them

Of course John "I served in Viet Nam" has a long history of bashing the military. Why should he stop now? Oh, he hasn't

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my record orf supporting the troops will stand up to yours anyday.

Every single week, we mail out care packages from my church to maine national guardsmen deployed to Iraq

every single month, we mail out care packages from my jobsite to maine national guardsmen deployed to Iraq

every single week, I mail out phone cards to maine units overseas.

I have served as a pallbearer for a maine national guardsman who came home in a box.

what do YOU do? DO you have one of those yellow bumper magnets made in China? what a fucking patriot. Slime that, asshole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sure do. Once per month I send out 10 care packages to Marines in Iraq. Each one is packed with food, tea mix, snacks, toiletries, and other items.

BTW, the troops responded to John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry "botched joke"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

bin kerry said the troops were terrorizing women and children. He doesn't even know if that was the case. They were going into houses in search of insurgents. Not to purposely upset innocent women and children. kerry has always done everything he can to villify the military. He's made a career of in fact. I'm surprised he wasn't at the anti-war protest with his buddy jihad jane. But then he was busy kissing up to the ahtollahs and ahmalittlehitler in iran.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    bin kerry said the troops were terrorizing women and children. He doesn't even know if that was the case. They were going into houses in search of insurgents. Not to purposely upset innocent women and children. kerry has always done everything he can to villify the military. He's made a career of in fact. I'm surprised he wasn't at the anti-war protest with his buddy jihad jane. But then he was busy kissing up to the ahtollahs and ahmalittlehitler in iran.

Kerry is behind the military..................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the word "terrorize" does not imply any intent. The fact of the matter was, squads of americans were breaking into Iraqi civilian homes in the dead of night.... looking for insurgents...and in the process, were scaring the shit out of women and children in the houses. Kerry's point was that if we had used Iraqi troops who spoke arabic to do that mission, we would have scared fewer women and children.... don't you think that scaring the fewest innocent women and children as possible is a good idea for coalition forces to strive for?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

Obviously, your language DOES stop at "Dick and Jane." You can spin, dance and do backflips, and this STILL says what it says:

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings," Durbin said.
    Kerry's an idiot. Nothing he says in collaborating with the enemies of this Nation surprises me. Just that idiots still vote for the moron.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke