Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I would think the life of one American would be worth far more than five slimy terrorist scum. Regardless of the circumstances.
    I kinda agree...

But our country violated it's own "we don't negotiate with terrorists" in order to uphold the "bring every American home" - knowing the one being brought home deserted. They let go folks who killed thousands, to bring home someone who they knew walked away from his comrades. They knew the terrorists were responsible for the deaths of thousands - and brought home a man they knew indirectly caused the deaths of soldiers who went looking for him.

Worst. Deal.Ever.

and I hope he pays with his life as a result.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

and I hope he pays with his life as a result.
    The obama , the (CiC) made damn sure the death penalty was off the table, worst he could get is a life sentence . The bastard should be shot, but I think that the obama admin will force a much less severe punishment if they even allow any at all.
    Making a mockery out of justice seems to be a high priority with the muslim in hiding bastard that rules this nation. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks red state, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The obama , the (CiC) made damn sure the death penalty was off the table, worst he could get is a life sentence . The bastard should be shot, but I think that the obama admin will force a much less severe punishment if they even allow any at all.
    Making a mockery out of justice seems to be a high priority with the muslim in hiding bastard that rules this nation. -Tyr
    Apparently the US military doesn't agree with you're reasoning. Only one other service member was convicted of desertion for leaving his unit in a war zone in the middle East and is serving a sentence given by a Military Tribunal to loss of rank, pay, 735 days locked up, and dishonorable discharge.

Only one US soldier has been executed for desertion since the Civil War. That happened in 1945 and was done in an attempt to stop the high desertion rate at the time. You must know that there were many desertions during Vietnam and even some in Korea, right?

AT is correct. Let the military make their decision and it won't be based on politics or PC.

http://www.stripes.com/news/death-pe...ction-1.336659
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Shoot that muslim bastard... he deserted in a war zone, execution is the only fitting penalty.
    If military does not execute the piece of shat then its too far gone itself IMHO. Which under the Obama command it surely is...
    That cowardly soldier and Obama are both traitors, a solid gold fact..Tyr
    Incorrect. He did not desert while engaged in combat. THAT is when the death penalty has been ordered. I'm all for a long healthy life for him ... every day of it in Leavenworth.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

These are the facts:

1- Bowe Bergdahl deserted his unit, hence the charges
    2- Several died searching for him
    3- 5 terrorists were traded to get him back
    4- Several of those terrorists were responsible for thousands of deaths
    5- At least a few of them are back in action, and were celebrated in Qatar when released

Obama let free 5 known terrorists, where a few are back in the terror game already. The man who served honorably and with distinction, will now be in prison at least, perhaps executed. Our country let free serial killer terrorists, and in return we got a guy who not only is responsible for American deaths, he walked away from his unit in the midst of war.

I know NOT a fact, but I also believe he was sympathetic to his captors. His father, also sympathetic - AND was hoping to get more terrorists released.

Congrats, Obama, a job well done!!
    Six deaths are directly attributable to his desertion.

Who knows how many are indirectly attributable by pulling resources from one area to look for his lame a$$? One unt may have not gotten the support they needed while that support was looking for his idiot a$$.

If it wasn't for the blind lefties, Obama would be gone. Andrew Johnson was a more effective President.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    WOW one American that walked away from his post to join forces with a enemy that wouldn't except him ( Hmmm Kind of like you libs that think if ya stand up for the thugs and blame all their misdeeds on society and stand with the Muslims all because y'all think it is politically correct ) will find out someday. These folks are laughing at your lily white asses as you march with them and protest with them and when the shit hits the fan y'all will be the first causalities. This guy was and always will be a traitor, now I agree he is back let the Military do their thing, but we never should of risked not one American life to even look for him, let alone give them 5 high ranking prisoners to get him back.

Now I seen a question of when should we ever negotiate with terrorist and the answer is NEVER, and if Obama wasn't on their side we wouldn't of now either, The US has always said we dont negotiate with terrorist !!

Jeff, you are SPOT ON! Once we had REAL Americans doing what was best for America and the world but now we have SCUM negotiating with the enemy, watering down morality and placing this Nation in one of the darkest corners we've ever known.

We should NEVER, EVER negotiate with scum (that includes liberals). Someone said that Israel has traded far more than 5 scum to release one of their own but it should also be noted that when scum kill one of your own....you kill FIVE of them. That is the only math that makes any sense in winning a war. Negotiating with scum isn't just within our military; as a Conservative, I am sick of our so-called Conservative leaders negotiating with the scum we know as liberal progressives. They need to be the ones negotiating and we need to listen to them ONLY when they start making sense and stop working against our livelihood, our soldiers and this Nation.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

11. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Agreed!!! The SOB and his SOB father should be shot but I would prefer to have seen him beheaded by his Footsy-ball pals once a REAL American President said that WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH SCUM......especially when the negotiations revolve around a piece of $#!T liberal/muSLUM scum who ran out on his Nation and his fellow servicemen. I'm just thankful to CHRIST (not allah as Ketchup Kerry said) that Bergdawl didn't shoot a bunch of REAL AMERICAN SOLDIERS while they slept.

As president, it would be a hard thing to allow a captive soldier to be killed after holding true to our beliefs that we DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH SCUM. I hope that I could be strong enough to not only hold fast to that decision but that I'd be fierce to retaliate with EXTREME VENGIANCE after (or even during) the execution of one of our BEST by the hand of these scum. I would like to think that I'd actually have people of old school INTEL working for me that knew enough to bomb the living $#!T out of those carrying out one of our soldier's execution (if there were know way to save him). I believe we have a small fragment of that type of intel with those serving under B.O. I truly believe that he sets up situations in favor of muSLUM radicals and leashes the hounds when we have them dead in their tracks. I've seen it time and time again....especially when we had a majority of ISIS members out in the middle of the dessert and did NOTHING!!!
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Agreed!!! The SOB and his SOB father should be shot but I would prefer to have seen him beheaded by his Footsy-ball pals once a REAL American President said that WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH SCUM......especially when the negotiations revolve around a piece of $#!T liberal/muSLUM scum who ran out on his Nation and his fellow servicemen. I'm just thankful to CHRIST (not allah as Ketchup Kerry said) that Bergdawl didn't shoot a bunch of REAL AMERICAN SOLDIERS while they slept.

As president, it would be a hard thing to allow a captive soldier to be killed after holding true to our beliefs that we DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH SCUM. I hope that I could be strong enough to not only hold fast to that decision but that I'd be fierce to retaliate with EXTREME VENGIANCE after (or even during) the execution of one of our BEST by the hand of these scum. I would like to think that I'd actually have people of old school INTEL working for me that knew enough to bomb the living $#!T out of those carrying out one of our soldier's execution (if there were know way to save him). I believe we have a small fragment of that type of intel with those serving under B.O. I truly believe that he sets up situations in favor of muSLUM radicals and leashes the hounds when we have them dead in their tracks. I've seen it time and time again....especially when we had a majority of ISIS members out in the middle of the dessert and did NOTHING!!!
    I have no reason to think the deserter will get justice delivered, after all, his big supporter the scum obamboy is CiC. Anybody that thinks obama will be hands off this PR nightmare is thinking with a full deck.
    I bet they've already been ordered by the CiC to deliver the verdict that he alone decided.
    How can one have any faith in any kind of justice that this POS traitor obama has authority over?-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I hope he is given a very quick trial and then sentenced to death by firing squad.

But then I read he may only get a few years? WTF?

---

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who was recovered in Afghanistan last spring after five years in captivity, has been charged with desertion and misbehaving before the enemy, Army officials said Wednesday, setting the stage for emotionally charged court proceeding in coming months.

Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client was handed a charge sheet on Wednesday. Army officials said in a statement that Bergdahl has been charged with desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty and misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place. His case has been referred to an Article 32 preliminary hearing, which is frequently compared to a grand jury proceeding in civilian court.

The court hearing for Bergdahl will be held at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston in Texas, where Bergdahl has served since shortly after his recovery on May 31, 2014.

Under the misbehavior before the enemy charge, Bergdahl faces a maximum punishment of confinement for life, a dishonorable discharge, a reduction to private and total forfeiture of pay and allowances since the time of his disappearance, Army officials said. The desertion charge carries a maximum punishment of five years in prison, a dishonorable discharge, a reduction to private and a total forfeiture of pay and allowances.

Rest here - http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...rtion/?hpid=z1
    He deserted in the presence of the enemy. He cost 6 six people their lives directly and who knows how many indirectly by pulling assets from the field to go look for his lame ass.

Article 99 of the UCMJ is specific.

Now here's a best guess: Obama will let his lawyers drag this out until after next election. And trust me, the military don't play. He'd already be tried if he was Joe Sh*t the Ragman. It doesn't take the average grunt this long to go to a court martial.

17. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default TIME for a question here.

As a veteran myself, having mostly the very same feelings as most here do about the DESERTER in question.

Would some, or all of you please take the time to do some investigating on your own, and share with us all, WHEN...the last time our U.S.Military Court system used a Firing Squad as punishment?

It's really rather simple to find, and learn. Your anger is noted, and shared. But...there is also something called Reality. Being angry, and demanding DEATH for this person only makes US feel worse. It doesn't accomplish anything.

I know many will disagree with me on this, and that is your right to do so. But we can't allow anger, and hatred to make us just as guilty as the accused. Which is why I insist..We allow the Legal, Military court system to work.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Kathianne, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    There have been a large number of desertion cases in the military going back to the Korean War. Including many instances of defection to the enemy. How many of those have resulted in executions?
    Desertion and desertion before the enemy are two VERY different things.

You endanger the lives of everyone around you when you desert in the field. Those that are trying to find you, and any assets pulled from the line elsewhere to try and help find you.

Fire teams have a specific makeup that requires -- you guessed it - teamwork. There's no "I" in team.

There's no excuse. Take him out in the back yard and spend a dollar on a bullet. He cost 6 soldiers their lives directly and who knows what he cost indirectly by reallocating resources. Not to mention these 5 a-holes that are going right back in business and the damage they are going to cause.

21. Thanks Perianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post