Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion

I hope he is given a very quick trial and then sentenced to death by firing squad.

But then I read he may only get a few years? WTF?

---

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who was recovered in Afghanistan last spring after five years in captivity, has been charged with desertion and misbehaving before the enemy, Army officials said Wednesday, setting the stage for emotionally charged court proceeding in coming months.

Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client was handed a charge sheet on Wednesday. Army officials said in a statement that Bergdahl has been charged with desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty and misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place. His case has been referred to an Article 32 preliminary hearing, which is frequently compared to a grand jury proceeding in civilian court.

The court hearing for Bergdahl will be held at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston in Texas, where Bergdahl has served since shortly after his recovery on May 31, 2014.

Under the misbehavior before the enemy charge, Bergdahl faces a maximum punishment of confinement for life, a dishonorable discharge, a reduction to private and total forfeiture of pay and allowances since the time of his disappearance, Army officials said. The desertion charge carries a maximum punishment of five years in prison, a dishonorable discharge, a reduction to private and a total forfeiture of pay and allowances.

Rest here - http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...rtion/?hpid=z1
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I saw where he is also charged with "Misbehavior before the enemy."
    What exactly does this entail and how does it apply to the Bergdahl case?
    I thought someone familiar with military law could explain this better than looking up the definition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

If found guilty ( which we all know he is beyond the shadow of any doubt ) he should also be charged with murder for any soldier that lost his/her life looking for him. And Obama should be tried for treason immediately, don't pass go , don't collect $200, he traded known leaders of a organization that their only purpose is to kill us for a criminal. It would be great for once to see one of these politicians actually have to take responsibility for what they have done.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I saw where he is also charged with "Misbehavior before the enemy."
    What exactly does this entail and how does it apply to the Bergdahl case?
    I thought someone familiar with military law could explain this better than looking up the definition.

Had you looked it up, you would have been able to see this;

10 U.S. Code § 899 - Art. 99. Misbehavior before the enemy

Any member of the armed forces who before or in the presence of the enemy—\

(1) runs away;
    (2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
    (3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
    (4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
    (5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
    (6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
    (7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
    (8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
    (9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;

shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

6. Thanks Jeff, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Color me shocked...

But... but... Susan rice said he served "with honor and distinction..."

I wonder if Obama will now apologize for swapping five Taliban commanders for this deserter... Or perhaps he will apologize to the families of those killed looking for the coward...

Heh... He'll probably just grant him a pardon...

Yeah... That's the ticket...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Jeff, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

NEWSFLASH! Obama doesn't care what happened, or what will happened to the DESERTER.

Obama used it as his way of getting FIVE Terrorists out of GITMO, as part of Obama's plan to close GITMO.

Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone notice how our Military in Afghanistan, or our forces at sea fighting SOMALI pirates...never BRING any of them back to GITMO?

Probably the very same reason Obama has been using DRONES, instead of GI Bullets against terrorists.

You don't need to bring DEAD BODIES back, because DEAD BODES can't talk about how STUPID Obama is.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

10. Thanks LongTermGuy, Bilgerat, Kathianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    If found guilty ( which we all know he is beyond the shadow of any doubt ) he should also be charged with murder for any soldier that lost his/her life looking for him. And Obama should be tried for treason immediately, don't pass go , don't collect $200, he traded known leaders of a organization that their only purpose is to kill us for a criminal. It would be great for once to see one of these politicians actually have to take responsibility for what they have done.

^^^

...So we traded 5 Taliban leaders for 1 deserter?....`o` has lots of explaining to do...but nothing will come of it though...

.....3 of the 5 given in exchange are rejoining their terrorist networks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...rror-networks/
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 03-25-2015 at 05:29 PM.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Jeff, Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Shoot that muslim bastard... he deserted in a war zone, execution is the only fitting penalty.
    If military does not execute the piece of shat then its too far gone itself IMHO. Which under the Obama command it surely is...
    That cowardly soldier and Obama are both traitors, a solid gold fact..Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Jen Psaki: Bergdahl swap 'worth it' despite desertion charge

.What a Moron this woman is, I am with AT, this administration didn't care if he was a deserter or not they just wanted to give 5 prisoners back. But the video does make a ass ( even more so than he does himself ) of Obama.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4134723607001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

His piers give their opinion.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4134926755001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default The fate of the Taliban prisoners traded for Sgt. Bergdahl

Here is exactly what the scum that Obama set free is doing now.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4133990584001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

These are the facts:

1- Bowe Bergdahl deserted his unit, hence the charges
    2- Several died searching for him
    3- 5 terrorists were traded to get him back
    4- Several of those terrorists were responsible for thousands of deaths
    5- At least a few of them are back in action, and were celebrated in Qatar when released

Obama let free 5 known terrorists, where a few are back in the terror game already. The man who served honorably and with distinction, will now be in prison at least, perhaps executed. Our country let free serial killer terrorists, and in return we got a guy who not only is responsible for American deaths, he walked away from his unit in the midst of war.

I know NOT a fact, but I also believe he was sympathetic to his captors. His father, also sympathetic - AND was hoping to get more terrorists released.

Congrats, Obama, a job well done!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    These are the facts:

5- At least a few of them are back in action, and were celebrated in Qatar when released

Obama let free 5 known terrorists, where a few are back in the terror game already. The man who served honorably and with distinction, will now be in prison at least, perhaps executed. Our country let free serial killer terrorists, and in return we got a guy who not only is responsible for American deaths, he walked away from his unit in the midst of war.

I know NOT a fact, but I also believe he was sympathetic to his captors. His father, also sympathetic - AND was hoping to get more terrorists released.

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

24. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    These are the facts:

Short bios on the released by Obama terrorist leaders:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...17.html?page=2

Mullah Mohammad Fazl (Taliban army chief of staff): Fazl is “wanted by the UN for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiites.” Fazl “was associated with terrorist groups currently opposing U.S. and Coalition forces including al Qaeda, Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU), Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG), and an Anti-Coalition Militia group known as Harakat-i-Inqilab-i-Islami.” In addition to being one of the Taliban’s most experienced military commanders, Fazl worked closely with a top al Qaeda commander named Abdul Hadi al Iraqi, who headed al Qaeda’s main fighting unit in Afghanistan prior to 9/11 and is currently detained at Guantanamo.Mullah Norullah Noori (senior Taliban military commander):Like Fazl,Noori is “wanted by the United Nations (UN) for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims.” Beginning in the mid-1990s, Noori “fought alongside al Qaeda as a Taliban military general, against the Northern alliance.” He continued to work closely with al Qaeda in the years that followed.
    Abdul Haq Wasiq (Taliban deputy minister of intelligence): Wasiq arranged for al Qaeda members to provide crucial intelligence training prior to 9/11. The training was headed by Hamza Zubayr, an al Qaeda instructor who was killed during the same September 2002 raid that netted Ramzi Binalshibh, the point man for the 9/11 operation. Wasiq “was central to the Taliban's efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against U.S. and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks,” according to a leaked JTF-GTMO threat assessment.

Khairullah Khairkhwa (Taliban governor of the Herat province and former interior minister): Khairkhwa was the governor of Afghanistan’s westernmost province prior to 9/11. In that capacity, he executed sensitive missions for Mullah Omar, including helping to broker a secret deal with the Iranians. For much of the pre-9/11 period, Iran and the Taliban were bitter foes. But a Taliban delegation that included Kharikhwa helped secure Iran’s support for the Taliban’s efforts against the American-led coalition in late 2001. JTF-GTMO found that Khairkhwa was likely a major drug trafficker and deeply in bed with al Qaeda. He allegedly oversaw one of Osama bin Laden’s training facilities in Herat.
    Mohammed Nabi (senior Taliban figure and security official): Nabi “was a senior Taliban official who served in multiple leadership roles.” Nabi “had strong operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al Qaeda, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG), some of whom remain active in ACM activities.” Intelligence cited in the JTF-GTMO files indicates that Nabi held weekly meetings with al Qaeda operatives to coordinate attacks against U.S.-led forces.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

26. Thanks Bilgerat, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Shoot that muslim bastard... he deserted in a war zone, execution is the only fitting penalty.
    If military does not execute the piece of shat then its too far gone itself IMHO. Which under the Obama command it surely is...
    That cowardly soldier and Obama are both traitors, a solid gold fact..Tyr

Tyr. Please believe me. I'm as angry, and pissed-off as you are. But...using the Military Court Martial system is the only way to go. Just shooting him because we hate him so much..puts us in the same category as our ISIS enemies. We ARE better than that. Let the trial decide. The Army isn't bowing down to Obama, or Holder. Which tells me there are still some SMARTER, SANE Heads working for the DOD.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

28. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post