Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    These are the facts:

I know NOT a fact, but I also believe he was sympathetic to his captors. His father, also sympathetic - AND was hoping to get more terrorists released.
    John McCain was sympathetic to his captors. Nothing ever happened to him for that.
    I saw where, back as far as the Korean War, the stated objective has always been to obtain the release of ALL captured soldiers. Regardless of the circumstances of their capture.
    You people must not trust the military justice system much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    John McCain was sympathetic to his captors. Nothing ever happened to him for that.
    I saw where, back as far as the Korean War, the stated objective has always been to obtain the release of ALL captured soldiers. Regardless of the circumstances of their capture.
    You gloss over Bergdahl's sympathy for his captors BEFORE the capture took place.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    You gloss over Bergdahl's sympathy for his captors BEFORE the capture took place.
    I wasn't aware he had sympathy for his captors. Not that I followed the case that closely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Tyr, not only that but we could probably post the faces of many other REAL American soldiers who have or WILL die because of this traitorous SOB that was moved up in ranks as well as the traitorous SOB in our White House! Bergdahl's dad is no different and I believe this scum had posted videos and ran posts to encourage more soldiers to abandon their posts or flat out aid the enemy.....yet there he was, elbow to elbow with that big eared SOB that many stupid SOB's voted for (TWICE)!!!!

Tyr, you are JUST in your anger and I don't hold one ounce of optimism till we have some leaders with back-bone to actually do what we REAL Americans want done. We want a secure border, jobs, our health care back and to be treated like Americans again (not Euro-PEE-ons). We want true leadership...not the leadership we are still getting where the CRIMES of Holder, B.O. and HELLary still go unanswered or unpunished. Good GOD! Those we elected are still tip-toeing around B.O. when they should be shouting from the mountain tops. At least a few did put B.O. in his place over the ammunition deal.

As for what some would overlook when treason is brought up.....he abandoned his post, slept with the enemy, played footsy ball with the enemy and who knows what all else. What we do know is that he (and B.O.) got several REAL BAD GUYS released so that they can kill no telling how many more soldiers (and probably have already). Besides, just the dead soldiers searching for this traitor and getting killed should place him under the severest penalty. Jim put it plainly for even the dullest among us can understand.....the SOB left a friggin NOTE! Perhaps he left the note accidentally. Perhaps Hellary deleted the messages which left those in Libya high and dry. Heck, maybe Knee Doll HaSon-of-a-bitch shot those HEROES at Fort Hood accidentally. As Tyr said....this kind of crap thinking is partially why we are in this crap hole to begin with.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

5. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Quite frankly, none of that matters to me. What matters is the man leaving voluntarily, leaving a note quitting on America, other soldiers dying as a direct result. Sure, I'll go along - we brought him home, regardless of why. Now he should be put to death, which it calls for.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Quite frankly, none of that matters to me. What matters is the man leaving voluntarily, leaving a note quitting on America, other soldiers dying as a direct result. Sure, I'll go along - we brought him home, regardless of why. Now he should be put to death, which it calls for.
    Gabby speaks on the subject yet knew nothing about the letter he wrote and left the night he deserted!
    And that's because the lib/dem sources she uses for info leave that fact out. Libs rarely ever have the whole story.
    They treat other libs as dumbasses that will swallow the swill they dish out to the public. And they are correct on that.
    We have members here presenting their opinions on him that have not even read that letter or heard/read or seen the testimony of his fellow soldiers.
    How stupid is that?
    Its like trying to bbq a steak dinner using fish...

Then they want to castigate me for my thought to be harsh judgment when they are walking in darkness and making judgment without major highly important facts.
    They act as if they've never heard of Google..--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-29-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

9. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

NYT: Bergdahl left a note saying that he was deserting
    POSTED AT 12:41 PM ON JUNE 3, 2014 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Share on Facebook 229 368 SHARES
    I assume this has been reported before but if, like me, you’re coming to the story only recently, it’s big news. Apparently, the military had — and, maybe, has — hard evidence from the man himself that he went AWOL deliberately.

Which would be worse: If Obama didn’t know about the note before making the swap, or if he did know and went ahead with it anyway?

Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons — startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost…

Sergeant Bergdahl slipped away from his outpost, the former senior officer said, possibly on foot but more likely hiding in a contractor’s vehicle. “He didn’t walk out the gate through a checkpoint, and there was no evidence he breached the perimeter wire and left that way,” the ex-officer said…

Rear Adm. John F. Kirby, the Pentagon spokesman, said that there was a larger matter at play: The American military does not leave soldiers behind. “When you’re in the Navy, and you go overboard, it doesn’t matter if you were pushed, fell or jumped,” he said. “We’re going to turn the ship around and pick you up.”
    Obama made the same point as Kirby at his presser this morning, not because it’s true but because it’s a superb way of defending a terrible prisoner swap. There are vets in Bergdahl’s squad angrily accusing the guy of desertion and, more damningly, the parents of fallen soldiers blaming Bergdahl for their sons’ deaths. When you’ve got people as sympathetic as that hammering you in the media, the only smart play is “I’ll do anything to recover a missing soldier, period.” Message: I care. But as I say, it’s not true: The White House would have had no problem leaving Bergdahl behind if the Taliban’s ask was Khaled Sheikh Mohammed instead of the five lower-profile savages we handed back to them. It’s also not true that it’s irrelevant whether a soldier “pushed, fell or jumped,” in Kirby’s words. This Washington Times piece (linked by Ed in an earlier post but worth promoting again) describes how Special Ops scaled back efforts to find Bergdahl — even when they had solid intelligence on where he was being held — because they were, understandably, unwilling to sacrifice any more of America’s finest in the name of bringing this guy back. Does anyone on either side of this debate fault them for that? Of course the reason a soldier went missing matters.

The fact that hard evidence exists that Bergdahl walked away also helps explain why O had to ram this deal through quickly. Eli Lake:

[C]urrent U.S. intelligence and defense officials who spoke to The Daily Beast on Monday say the process for exchanging Taliban for Bergdahl this time was rushed and closely held, in some instances leaving little room for any push back against a policy clearly favored by the White House.

“This was an example of forcing the consensus,” one U.S. military official said. “The White House knew the answer they wanted and they ended up getting it.”

[T]he process for getting there was rushed, according to U.S. intelligence officials. This time around there was no formal intelligence assessment of, for example, the risks posed by releasing the Taliban commanders. While some intelligence analysts looked at the issue, no community-wide intelligence assessment was produced, according to these officials.
    Makes sense. The White House knew this was a bad deal and didn’t want to give opponents, whether in Congress or in the IC, any time to rally opposition in the media. But that brings us back to the key question: Knowing that the deal was bad, knowing that Bergdahl had left a de facto confession to desertion in his tent before he went AWOL, why would they go ahead with it? This isn’t going to help O build political momentum to empty out Gitmo, assuming that’s the secret motive behind all of this. On the contrary.

Exit question: Given that some sort of swap involving Bergdahl and the Taliban Five has been kicking around since 2012 at least, is it really true that Congress was never “notified” about this deal? A Twitter buddy sent me the link to this NYT piece from two years ago noting that Bergdahl’s parents had spilled the beans about a potential exchange. Quote: “Until now, the administration has said publicly only that the negotiations included talks about releasing the five prisoners from Guantánamo to the custody of the government in Qatar — which some Democrats and Republicans in Congress have opposed — and not that the five might be exchanged for Sergeant Bergdahl.” Clearly some Dems and GOPers knew that the five Taliban might be released; Mike Rogers also said this morning that the White House had mentioned the possibility of a prisoner swap for Bergdahl to intel committee members in Congress back in 2011, which the members had resisted, but had said nothing since. All of which is to say that members have had some idea that a deal like this was on the table for several years now, and since there’s nothing they can do under the statute to actually block a deal from going forward, arguably that’s good enough to comply with the law. (Obama himself said this morning that he’s been consulting with Congress about Bergdahl and the Taliban “for quite some time.”) Or is it not good enough because, assuming Rogers’s timeline is correct, the current Congress has never been briefed on this? It was the 112th Congress that was in session in 2011; the current one, the 113th, may have been completely in the dark.

Update: According to Fox News, Bergdahl’s note implied more than just desertion. Stay tuned.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the note he renounced his citizenship. Stated he was going to join the enemy.
    Wake up people and stop bullshit judging without key facts...
    Or not , just continue to defend the son of a bitch that deserted and got good, brave soldiers killed.
    They desperately need to shoot this ffkking bastard! Hell, I'll volunteer to do it myself if he is found guilty and so condemned.
    Try being a damn real American for a change..-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    NYT: Bergdahl left a note saying that he was deserting
    POSTED AT 12:41 PM ON JUNE 3, 2014 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Share on Facebook 229 368 SHARES
    I assume this has been reported before but if, like me, you’re coming to the story only recently, it’s big news. Apparently, the military had — and, maybe, has — hard evidence from the man himself that he went AWOL deliberately.

Which would be worse: If Obama didn’t know about the note before making the swap, or if he did know and went ahead with it anyway?

Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons — startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost…

In the note he renounced his citizenship. Stated he was going to join the enemy.
    Wake up people and stop bullshit judging without key facts...
    Or not , just continue to defend the son of a bitch that deserted and got good, brave soldiers killed.
    They desperately need to shoot this ffkking bastard! Hell, I'll volunteer to do it myself if he is found guilty and so condemned.
    Try being a damn real American for a change..-Tyr
    He also gave several indications that he was going to leave:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0120607?page=2

In June 2012, fearless Rolling Stone contributing editor Michael Hastings wrote the definitive first account of Bowe Bergdahl — the young American soldier who was captured by the Taliban and became the last American prisoner of war. Hastings, the journalist who brought down the career of General Stanley McChrystal in these pages, died in a car accident one year later. Bergdahl was freed in May 2014; he is currently facing charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. Hastings' incredible story is available in full here:

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He also gave several indications that he was going to leave:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0120607?page=2
    Excerpt from the given link..

The mother and father sit at the kitchen table in their Idaho farmhouse, watching their son on YouTube plead for his life. The Taliban captured 26-year-old Bowe Bergdahl almost three years ago, on June 30th, 2009, and since that day, his parents, Jani and Bob, have had no contact with him. Like the rest of the world, their lone glimpses of Bowe – the only American prisoner of war left in either Iraq or Afghanistan – have come through a series of propaganda videos, filmed while he's been in captivity.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz3VnZB98hc
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The Taliban captured 26-year-old Bowe Bergdahl almost three years ago, on June 30th, 2009, and since that day, his parents, Jani and Bob, have had no contact with him.
    FFing lie!!! ^^^^^^^^
    The Taliban did not --capture-- him!!
    He deserted to go join them. He searched them out! He ran away and got other soldiers killed looking for his traitorous ass.

Will be a great miscarriage of justice if they do not shoot this ffing bastard!
    I'd do it for free myself, not joking..
    And his dad is a solid piece of muslim loving shat too... The rotten apple did not fall far from the poisoned tree IMHO.
    THE POS DAD SHOULD BE DEALT WITH TOO IMHO..

So the muslim scum mistreated the swine, so what?
    He ran to them in his zeal to aid them!
    He should be shot.. just that damn simple.. --Tyr

15. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Tyr, you either are ignoring or missed the points of why I posted, we're not in disagreement. I know the article wrote of much of the problems that were created by Obama's Afghanistan policies, which we'll likely hear more about in the court martial, by the defense. However within the article are the makings of a plan on Bergdahl's part:

• "If this deployment is lame," Bowe said, "I'm just going to walk off into the mountains of Pakistan."

• "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong... I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

• "In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing shit bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong... the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools."

• "The US army is ... the army of liars, backstabbers, fools, and bullies... I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live."

• "We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them."

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

we should have left the Bastard in Afghanistan and kept the other 5 terrorists in GITMO till the were dust.....

What was Washington thinking?
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Tyr, you either are ignoring or missed the points of why I posted, we're not in disagreement. I know the article wrote of much of the problems that were created by Obama's Afghanistan policies, which we'll likely hear more about in the court martial, by the defense. However within the article are the makings of a plan on Bergdahl's part:
    Sorry my post did not explain better. I knew the point you were making, however my complaint was in the link the lie they presented that he was "captured". That lie gave him cover as well as the obama cover to return 5 top terrorist commanders to fight against us! My anger was directed solely at the lie in the linked article.
    A well proven lie!
    The facts prove with no doubt that the scum deserted and went to aid the enemy. He did not desert to return home or to go plunder. HE went to aid the enemy in a war zone. All the obama lies in the world can not change that fact.
    The bastard must be shot!!!
    If not the fix is in in the military too.
    I suspect it is because the CiC is always a civilian--the President, a politician..
    They took execution of the table before the court martial--hows that for a fix??
    Who thinks that wasn't commanded by the stinking obama ., raise our gullible hand? --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    we should have left the Bastard in Afghanistan and kept the other 5 terrorists in GITMO till they were dust.....

"the OTHER 5 terrorists"
    --- worded perfectly.

Thats what I like so much about you--head screwed on straight!!!!!-- --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    we should have left the Bastard in Afghanistan and kept the other 5 terrorists in GITMO till the were dust.....

I agree... and good to see you!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Tyr, not only that but we could probably post the faces of many other REAL American soldiers who have or WILL die because of this traitorous SOB that was moved up in ranks as well as the traitorous SOB in our White House! Bergdahl's dad is no different and I believe this scum had posted videos and ran posts to encourage more soldiers to abandon their posts or flat out aid the enemy.....yet there he was, elbow to elbow with that big eared SOB that many stupid SOB's voted for (TWICE)!!!!

Tyr, you are JUST in your anger and I don't hold one ounce of optimism till we have some leaders with back-bone to actually do what we REAL Americans want done. We want a secure border, jobs, our health care back and to be treated like Americans again (not Euro-PEE-ons). We want true leadership...not the leadership we are still getting where the CRIMES of Holder, B.O. and HELLary still go unanswered or unpunished. Good GOD! Those we elected are still tip-toeing around B.O. when they should be shouting from the mountain tops. At least a few did put B.O. in his place over the ammunition deal.

As for what some would overlook when treason is brought up.....he abandoned his post, slept with the enemy, played footsy ball with the enemy and who knows what all else. What we do know is that he (and B.O.) got several REAL BAD GUYS released so that they can kill no telling how many more soldiers (and probably have already). Besides, just the dead soldiers searching for this traitor and getting killed should place him under the severest penalty. Jim put it plainly for even the dullest among us can understand.....the SOB left a friggin NOTE! Perhaps he left the note accidentally. Perhaps Hellary deleted the messages which left those in Libya high and dry. Heck, maybe Knee Doll HaSon-of-a-bitch shot those HEROES at Fort Hood accidentally. As Tyr said....this kind of crap thinking is partially why we are in this crap hole to begin with.
    Damn, where have ya been??
    Great post, yet a little too much truth for some few here methinks.
    Well, shine tha light , let the roaches run to hide says this American. - --Tyr

24. Thanks red state thanked this post