Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default 4 Eyes

I have a long history of headaches. I've been getting them more and more recently, although not real real bad. I just chalked it up to my long history and take aspirin.

I was prescribed reading glasses a few years back, and basically never wore them, and forgot about them. But I noticed as of late, sometimes while reading, my eyes will become lazy and literally allow things to go out of focus, sometimes feeling like my eyes are crossing. Other times, I just have trouble reading. Forget about shopping for anything small, as reading ingredients and small print requires holding it very far away, and even then I can't always read it. It's not as bad generally, but yeah, getting a little weakness while driving. It's possible that's weariness from the beating I put them through on the computer so much.

Either way I am going to the eye doctor. Will definitely get an updated pair of reading glasses, and test to see if my eyes have further downgraded.

How many others here have trouble reading things and hold it far away?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Bilgerat, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I have a long history of headaches. I've been getting them more and more recently, although not real real bad. I just chalked it up to my long history and take aspirin.

I was prescribed reading glasses a few years back, and basically never wore them, and forgot about them. But I noticed as of late, sometimes while reading, my eyes will become lazy and literally allow things to go out of focus, sometimes feeling like my eyes are crossing. Other times, I just have trouble reading. Forget about shopping for anything small, as reading ingredients and small print requires holding it very far away, and even then I can't always read it. It's not as bad generally, but yeah, getting a little weakness while driving. It's possible that's weariness from the beating I put them through on the computer so much.

Either way I am going to the eye doctor. Will definitely get an updated pair of reading glasses, and test to see if my eyes have further downgraded.

That could explain the content of your posts. Now I know what's up.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Classic case of male refusal to wear eye glasses. I know, I refused the first couple years after my eyes went south.
    However, when my shooting went bad I raced back to get those damn glasses!
    No way was I going to let that needed ability go bad and stay bad.. I saw it as a matter of future survival and the current mess we are in today bears out my thinking from 21 years ago!
    My guess if you get new eyeglasses and wear them most of your headaches will go away. Thats what happened when I forced my wife to get here much needed eyeglasses 3 years ago. About three fourths of her headaches vanished.
    And she admits it but never properly thanked me for fighting tooth and nail to force her to go get her eyes examined!
    She has a stubborn streak a mile wide only beaten by my 100 mile wide stubborn streak.. - --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    ---- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I hate you
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

When I was 30, I tested at 20/10 vision... I had exceptional eyes.

Then about 36 or 37, it went downhill fast and degenerated until I couldn't even read the posted MPH signs beside the highway until they were right beside the truck, and even then they were still blurry. Finally I went in and it turns out I now had 20/80 vision, which is pretty much blind-as-a-bat. They gave me glasses and contacts and now I can see 20/20 again, but my vision is not as awesome as the 20/10 was.

The reason my vision went downhill, according to the docs, is my high blood pressure (now also being medicated) - I guess the high blood pressure distorts your eyeballs and that's why mine deteriorated.

Your cause might be for the same reason, better go in and have a doc work you over.

Or, you could just be turning into an old goat!
    Last edited by NightTrain; 04-16-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    When I was 30, I tested at 20/10 vision... I had exceptional eyes.

Then about 36 or 37, it went downhill fast and degenerated until I couldn't even read the posted MPH signs beside the highway until they were right beside the truck, and even then they were still blurry. Finally I went in and it turns out I now had 20/80 vision, which is pretty much blind-as-a-bat. They gave me glasses and contacts and now I can see 20/20 again, but my vision is not as awesome as the 20/10 was.

The reason my vision went downhill, according to the docs, is my high blood pressure (now also being medicated) - I guess the high blood pressure distorts your eyeballs and that's why mine deteriorated.

Your cause might be for the same reason, better go in and have a doc work you over.

Or, you could just be turning into an old goat!
    Pretty much the same case with me. In one year's time, my eyesight went from great to poor. I have high blood pressure but at that time had no clue about it.
    Only found out a few years later after the damage had been done. I had perfect vision as a child/young man.. -Tyr

12. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm needing more and more light to read smaller print. :-/

I'm 42.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

14. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Oh, Magoo! You've done it again!

Last edited by tailfins; 04-16-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

16. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'm needing more and more light to read smaller print. :-/

I'm 42.
    Yeah, that too, I find myself searching out light sources when I need to read the back of a bottle or anything similar. Sometimes I just break out this big ass magnifying glass I have!

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

`I use good pairs of "Reading glasses"....not the 6-9 dollar ones ...but mostly good ones around 20 dollars a set...Optics range from 1:25 for walking around and Driving and just seeing things better...for reading (small print) and working on the computer I use 2.50......for really...really close up work I use 3.25....again total ranges are 1.0 all the way up to 3.25...so there`many options`...I have about 40 pairs.... a mix of cheap and good ones...I keep about 3 versions in my cars glove box and the rest are stashed everywhere... (for shtf purposes).....I have no problem with weight or high blood pressure....to me prescription glasses are fancy and I have no use for them....Cheaper `regular lenses` work for me....not afraid of losing them...Get a check up for your eyes...if no serious problems for you...go my route....most stores and pharmacy's carry them....try them out right there.
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 04-16-2015 at 03:20 PM.

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So my eyes are screwed for both distance and close. She didn't give me numbers, but absolutely said I need glasses for both. I chose "progressive bifocals" without the transition color. So wear regular manner for driving and such, and then just look downward a bit for reading. Who the hell knows when they'll be ready, but at least I should be able to see better before long. And last time I got brown glasses that were a little thicker. I got black this time and much thinner, and you can yank them off with one hand as they bend in all directions!

But WTF?? So I have MAJOR issues with the sun. When driving it kills me, so of course I have a top notch pair of Mau Jim sunglasses. So now I must wear these to drive. Kinda didn't put it all together until I was already home, but does that mean I'm screwed I suppose? What do other glass wearers do when the light is bright?

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

What do other glass wearers do when the light is bright?

`I wear snap-on / clip-on shades over my "cheaper" lenses

24. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

you guys are a bunch of Mary's I have had glasses since I was 2. My left eye is 20/10 (well now 20/20) My right eye..... well it's around 20/200 legally blind but combined I have maintained 20/20 with a central vision point to the left obviously..

I just now had to get bifocals, like Jim I'm going with the progressive no line. Since my right is SOOOOO bad I have to pay EXTRA ($$$$$$$) for super thin poly carbonate lenses just to get to look normaland keep my good eye safe.. It's sad when you can buy a used car for what my glasses cost, thank God for vision insurance.. Never used to have that was so happy when the company started offer it........
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

`I wear snap-on / clip-on shades over my "cheaper" lenses

Eff that, I paid over $250 for my sunglasses, those suckers need to be on my eyes when I'm driving in bright sunlight!!