Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Photobombed!

The picture is grainy and out of focus, but you get the idea. I was trying to get a picture of the baby convicts at the bottom of the tank, when just as I was hitting the button, Daddy showed up. He still keeps trying to bite me whenever I so much as even look inside the tank!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's a short video. You can see all the little buggers swim beneath Mom and Dad, and you can see Mom and Dad getting a little frantic as they don't like me or the camera being near the tank

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's a short video. You can see all the little buggers swim beneath Mom and Dad, and you can see Mom and Dad getting a little frantic as they don't like me or the camera being near the tank

​`Huh!..... Fish aint dumb.....Look at the aggressive moves the parents make!! Protecting their babies! They can put 2 and 2 together...Interesting...They know whats up...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    ​`Huh!..... Fish aint dumb.....Look at the aggressive moves the parents make!! Protecting their babies! They can put 2 and 2 together...Interesting...They know whats up...
    He bit me yesterday while I had my hand down near the babies. All it felt like really was that he was swimming into me, but was still comical watching him through the glass trying to defend the tank. Might hurt a little more when he gets older though! They don't have teeth, but are still nasty. Here's an adult in with a Piranha, and he attacks the Piranha!! LOL Like the guys says, only a matter of time before the Piranha realizes he has no teeth and then turns around and eats him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

He bit me yesterday while I had my hand down near the babies. All it felt like really was that he was swimming into me, but was still comical watching him through the glass trying to defend the tank. Might hurt a little more when he gets older though! They don't have teeth, but are still nasty. Here's an adult in with a Piranha, and he attacks the Piranha!! LOL Like the guys says, only a matter of time before the Piranha realizes he has no teeth and then turns around and eats him.

`....You know what?....I like these Fish tank videos ....`so relaxing` as I sip my coffee...and watch the drama unfold...Good stuff...`

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    `....You know what?....I like these Fish tank videos ....`so relaxing` as I sip my coffee...and watch the drama unfold...Good stuff...`
    I find myself mesmerized with the fish. I'll sit here for an hour in front of my tank and just watch them and how they are, and how they interact. Of course it's more fun if you are setting up death matches and watching the battles, but then there aren't many fishies left in the morning and it's even harder to keep up with the tank and take care of the water with all the debris, blood and guts.

This is why I want a couple of piranhas

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Nothing left cuz...that's how we ride"...^^^

`Right through the bag!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's a quick overview of my tank. Just a little peek at the tank. You see me go to the right and you'll see that little idiot fish I bought, the blue/black one. He just sits inside a plant all day and irritates me. He needs to come out and entertain me. He'll come out at feeding time. Next time I'll have to get a video of my little blind frogs

12. Thanks aboutime, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Here's a quick overview of my tank. Just a little peek at the tank. You see me go to the right and you'll see that little idiot fish I bought, the blue/black one. He just sits inside a plant all day and irritates me. He needs to come out and entertain me. He'll come out at feeding time. Next time I'll have to get a video of my little blind frogs

That's a great, entertaining hobby. Hours and hours of just watching takes your mind off of everything else. Good job there.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

14. Thanks LongTermGuy, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I love to eat fish! I hate fish in aquariums, they stare at you with their unblinking eyes. Gives me the creeps. Dogs? Yes! Fish? No!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I love to eat fish! I hate fish in aquariums, they stare at you with their unblinking eyes. Gives me the creeps. Dogs? Yes! Fish? No!

Kathianne. Fish can't Blink!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Kathianne. Fish can't Blink!
    Part of their creepiness. They swim around with their itty bitty brains, figuring out how to get off the chain and attack! Well so I found in a dream years ago. I think there's a making of a Stephen King novel here...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

19. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Part of their creepiness. They swim around with their itty bitty brains, figuring out how to get off the chain and attack! Well so I found in a dream years ago. I think there's a making of a Stephen King novel here...
    There is no doubt that this 1 1/2 inch fish in my tank would escape and eat me in a second if he could. They're generally cool if I just leave them alone AND they DO want me to feed them, as they know and circle the tank when they see my hand grab the food - but if I just get up close and watch - it's game on and they have little fits.

But hell, that's nothing, this is just a fish tank. A Piranha is more terrifying as their sole goal is to kill tank mates, even one another if they can. And I can still deal with that too. It's the little bastards in the wild that scare me!! Look how easy fishing is where they are from. How would you like to go swimming here?

Skip to about 1:30 to get an idea how hard the big ones can bite, they say they can bite harder than a great white!! LOL

21. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Eeek!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Eeek!
    Imagine you're on the Amazon, in a smaller boat, with a small outboard motor, doing a little fishing. The boat shakes and you fall in. That's some nasty little buggers! You couldn't pay me enough to swim anywhere that they are within 100 miles of!!