Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Way to go REED LINDSEY!!!!

REED LINDSEY SELECTED TO PLAY IN NCAA SOUTH/SOUTHEAST REGIONAL
    4/24/2015

http://gostatesmen.com/news/2015/4/2...424150214.aspx

My nephew is destined to wear "THE JACKET".

You can't even mess with a Red-headed Scot/Cherokee on the GREEN!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah...I'd like to say that I taught him everything he knows but I haven't golfed since I lived in Memphis some 25+ years ago.

On another good note, speaking of REGIONALS, a lad I made a Juniper Long Bow for won his regional archery tournament a few weeks ago! I did teach him much of what he knows and I get compliments all the time on how well I brought up my son (who I would put up against ANYONE shooting primitive bows, compound bows or firearms).

Reed has never hunted much or did any "normal" country boy stuff but he certainly has utilized what he's learned on the green. He's one of the youngest on the team but has been a major impact the past three years in college and seems to be carrying the golf team now. I posted something about Reed a few months ago (or year ago now) and just wanted to update everyone on the success of a youngster making his way in the world.

It's good to once again see a tall man taking the sport back.....instead of a few weaselly guys I could mention (one of which goes by name of another animal).

Yeah....the sport is seeing bigger and bigger guys chasing after a wee lil' o' bitty white ball.....
    Last edited by red state; 04-25-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

3. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Good Luck to him and Congrats to you.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Congrats and best of luck on that fine young man winning..---Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

7. Thanks red state, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Congrats to both of you!! I actually like golf, but I suck, and it's too expensive. My ass is renting a cart every time for sure, and they charge like $50 to rent one here, and that's in addition to the 30-40 just to play. And these are community courses!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks red state, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To All:

THANKS! and to Jim, specifically; Reed has played for free for many years now but, YES, it is expensive (which is another reason I got out of it). Another reason is where I lived (MEMPHIS), robbers had started waiting like Robin Hood in the huge nice wooded areas between greens. Reed and his dad have always been members of the local, small town club but within the past 4 or 5 years, has actually been paid to play (especially if you count the FULL scholarship and all).

Not having a good day today so it is good to have gotten the pleasant responses from you guys. THANKS again. Lost "SWEET PEA" this morning. We took care of her from 10am Sat. morning till this morning at exactly 9:30 but her lil' Westy frame was simply too small for the copperhead bite she incurred yesterday. We had a huge Missionary Conference at church today with BBQ for lunch but the wife and I were too distraught to go. But this probably should fall under the Pets Category so I'll move on. It is funny, however, how a hardened ole conservative who hunts and would likely stomp a "bad actor's" head in the mud can get so emotional over a sweet lil' ole Westy that we've had for a little over four years. She did like me though....took her medicine like a trooper and the snake looked like it had been ran over by a lawn mower. REST IN PEACE 'Sweet-Pea'.

At any rate, I am extremely proud of my nephews, nieces and my own kids. Dave is now quite the man and my daughter who is graduating in a few weeks is also getting a full scholarship.

~Red
    The proud owner of THREE West Highland White Terriers now......
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Congrats to both of you!! I actually like golf, but I suck, and it's too expensive. My ass is renting a cart every time for sure, and they charge like $50 to rent one here, and that's in addition to the 30-40 just to play. And these are community courses!!
    Jim do you remember that night at the driving range, we where aiming the ball at the guy in the old mail truck picking up the balls and you had a direct hit, the ball shot straight back at us and then went out on the highway hit a car and shot back at us, my sides still hurt from laughing so hard.

A buddy of mine is a decent golfer (I say decent, for a guy that plays once in a while that is ) see I say he is decent because I stink, I can hit the ball a mile but it either goes right or left ( anyway but straight ) but my buddy told me if ya put a little Vaseline on the ball it will go straight, not sure if it will work but he swears it will. So him and I are planning a Golf outing, I bet those folks at the county club will be thrilled to see us pull up, beards, pony tails and Harley tee shirts, yup we ought to be welcomed with open arms.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up