Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The first recorded circumcision...

…Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood "-- because of the circumcision. — Exodus 4:24 - The Bible

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Jews doing it because some plank did it a few thousand years ago is on thing, non-Jews doing it is just tragic.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Jews doing it because some plank did it a few thousand years ago is on thing, non-Jews doing it is just tragic.
    Also reduces risk of infection, STD's, cancer, a few other things related and not to mention hygiene/cleanliness. Not tragic to me!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Kathianne, Trigg, LongTermGuy, Jeff, red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It isn't tragic, good lord, way to label everyone just because it isn't done in Europe.

My Finish brother in law just had his son circumcised because it kept getting infected, the little guy wasn't washing appropriately. Personally having it done at birth rather than hauling him in at 8 is much preferable IMHO.

By the way, this was done by a man who thought it was weird/tragic that my boys are circumcised.

7. Thanks Kathianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I remember mine, it was awful. I couldn't walk for a year afterwards.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

9. Thanks Perianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I remember mine, it was awful. I couldn't walk for a year afterwards.
    I didn't walk for a year to year and a half myself (can't remember). I can still feel the pain. And the little room they put me in was filled with others who had a similar procedure. We all laid in these little see through containers, so others could ogle at us while we laid like little burritos in pain.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Nukeman thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    It isn't tragic, good lord, way to label everyone just because it isn't done in Europe.

My Finish brother in law just had his son circumcised because it kept getting infected, the little guy wasn't washing appropriately. Personally having it done at birth rather than hauling him in at 8 is much preferable IMHO.

By the way, this was done by a man who thought it was weird/tragic that my boys are circumcised.
    So the solution was to have the kid circumcised rather than teach him to wash properly?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

13. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So the solution was to have the kid circumcised rather than teach him to wash properly?
    yep.... The health benefits for circumcision far out way the cultural stigma's placed on the procedure by those who feel it's a "Jewish" thing.

In the new guidelines, the CDC says there is now strong evidence that male circumcision can:
    —Cut a man's risk of getting HIV from an infected female partner by 50 to 60 percent.
    —Reduce their risk of genital herpes and certain strains of human papillomavirus by 30 percent or more.
    —Lower the odds of urinary tract infections during infancy, and cancer of the penis in adulthood.
    Studies have not shown that circumcision will reduce an HIV-infected man's chances of spreading the AIDS virus to women. And research has not found circumcision to be a help in stopping spread of HIV during gay sex

personally I will take scientific evidence over cultural claims any day!!!!

15. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

plus uncircumcised penis looks like a dog dick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Does washing prevent cancer? STD's? Simply washing doesn't always help. Of course cleaning and condoms and such will help to an extent, but that's a chance I'm not willing to take, especially with the big C. Penile cancer sounds a lot to me like you have a possibility of losing the little bugger!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    yep.... The health benefits for circumcision far out way the cultural stigma's placed on the procedure by those who feel it's a "Jewish" thing.

personally I will take scientific evidence over cultural claims any day!!!![/FONT][/COLOR]
    If someone's concerned about STD/I transmission they will do rather a lot better with condoms and regualr sexual health clinic checks (though I guess in the U.S. you would have to pay for those?)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If someone's concerned about STD/I transmission they will do rather a lot better with condoms and regualr sexual health clinic checks (though I guess in the U.S. you would have to pay for those?)
    They will be better by taking chances, and continual visits to a clinic - as opposed to circumcision and avoiding those problems, and cancer, almost altogether, that come with the circumcision?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Does washing prevent cancer? STD's? Simply washing doesn't always help. Of course cleaning and condoms and such will help to an extent, but that's a chance I'm not willing to take, especially with the big C. Penile cancer sounds a lot to me like you have a possibility of losing the little bugger!!
    Washing would have prevented infections caused by not washing properly. As the story posted that I quoted was about.

Of your're worried about the 'big C'
    In the past, circumcision (removing the foreskin on the penis) has been suggested as a way to lower penile cancer risk. This was based on studies that reported much lower penile cancer rates among circumcised men than among uncircumcised men. But in some studies, the protective effect of circumcision was no longer seen after factors like smegma and phimosis were taken into account.

www.cancer.org
    Again the main factor is hygiene.

In any case, if an adult decides that, for whatever reason, they want to remove their foreskin, fair enough, but having if forced on children...

21. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They will be better by taking chances, and continual visits to a clinic - as opposed to circumcision and avoiding those problems, and cancer, almost altogether, that come with the circumcision?
    =/
    They should still be visiting the clinics, whether circumcised or not.

23. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post