Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default A lot of cops ARE racist

Here is the only officer charged with "second-degree depraved heart murder". 2 of the other officers involved are black. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE if black people that have been going nuts will still continue to refer to ALL involved as racists, even those MOST responsible for Gray's death, according to the state attorney. You saw the criminals all week, now here is the only one with a murder charge facing 30 years in jail.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here is the only officer charged with "second-degree depraved heart murder". 2 of the other officers involved are black. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE if black people that have been going nuts will still continue to refer to ALL involved as racists, even those MOST responsible for Gray's death, according to the state attorney. You saw the criminals all week, now here is the only one with a murder charge facing 30 years in jail.

Natch, they've got that answered:

https://twitter.com/joanwalsh/status...src=email&s=11

She's from "Salon":

Follow
    <button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"></button>

Joan WalshVerified account@joanwalsh
    And there is no debate that tragically, black police officers often absorb the attitudes of their colleagues @JuddLegum@jtlarsen

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

She's from "Salon":

Just like a typical....liberal..always assuming and making excuses...then sticking their foot in it...

*Like `she` is sayings blacks caint form their own opinions....and are to stupid do so....no one is buying that...next!
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 05-02-2015 at 07:11 AM.

6. Thanks Kathianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

She's from "Salon":

I wonder if she realizes just how condescending she's being towards black people. Basically saying that black people can't think for themselves.

8. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wow, so it's whitey's fault when a black man kills, because they are influential to them? LOL Excuses, excuses and more excuses for the animals that rioted - and now it'll be condemnation for whitey, but excuses for black cops? Sickly sad.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Kath,
    I ask you to please go back and look at many of the post i've made over the years on police culture. (Protect and serve thread has a lot)
    Before and after all the recent public innocents I've made the case that many "police" not "white police" across the country have nursed an unhealthy dark culture. I've posted links to books and article by WHITE police, from chiefs, to street cops, to uncover guys who all admit and try to explain that reality. it's a hard pill for many to swallow but it's real. Maybe you've heard the saying "Cops aren't black or white they are BLUE"

To many have tried to make it ONLY a black and white issue so the above main point is lost.
    It's not primarily a race issue, I've said that from the beginning. though race and poverty are a factor.
    If you and others are going to play into the game with those --on both sides-- that can only see race, then whole country looses.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-02-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Wow, so it's whitey's fault when a black man kills, because they are influential to them? LOL Excuses, excuses and more excuses for the animals that rioted - and now it'll be condemnation for whitey, but excuses for black cops? Sickly sad.
    It's like 'global warming' when one 'fact' is proven untrue, another 'fact' will replace it. There's no limit on stupidity.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Gnostic said basically the same thing on his affirmative action thread.

Of course the whites have their token blacks.

Liberals don't think blacks can do for themselves. Gnostic and this woman are basically saying that black people are unable to think for themselves.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Kath,
    I ask you to please go back and look at many of the post i've made over the years on police culture. (Protect and serve thread has a lot)
    Before and after all the recent public innocents I've made the case that many "police" not "white police" across the country have nursed an unhealthy dark culture. I've posted links to books and article by WHITE police, from chiefs, to street cops, to uncover guys who all admit and try to explain that reality. it's a hard pill for many to swallow but it's real. Maybe you've heard the saying "Cops aren't black or white they are BLUE"

To many have tried to make it ONLY a black and white issue so the above main point is lost.
    It's not primarily a race issue, I've said that from the beginning. though race and poverty are a factor.
    If you and others are going to play into the game with those --on both sides-- that can only see race, then whole country looses.
    I don't think it's only about 'race' though I think that those 'protesting' the 'killing of blacks for no reason, by the police' think so. I think the media and quite a few 'outside groups' are more than willing to play into that belief.

17. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Kath,

That may be fine and dandy - but there is one race that primarily is responsible for the majority of the rioting, looting & violence. The department is diversified, and yet the public cries racism, and then Sharpton and the panthers arrive...

Seems to me, that the majority of folks only seeing race were the black folks in Baltimore, in this case, and the majority of cases when there are riots directed at the police.

19. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny, Trigg, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I don't think it's only about 'race' though I think that those 'protesting' the 'killing of blacks for no reason, by the police' think so. I think the media and quite a few 'outside groups' are more than willing to play into that belief.
    There are a lot of people that want to play into that belief. I've posted police items were white cops have killed innocent old white men in their homes. The reality is broader and more nuanced than just race. the media plays off and enflames the heat in neighborhoods that have a history of real abusive police behavior. and many people's passions -on all sides- fuels racial attitudes and people tend to make the worse assumptions of others motives and beliefs base on the thin emotion driven coverage and commentary.
    Seems to me all we can really judge are people's actions and words. and honestly try to analyze the WHOLE problem as rationally and honestly as possible and present that reality in the face of heated racial emotion laden outburst of all kinds. we can only pray that the truth prevail and cooler wiser heads rise to the top on all sides. there MANY/MOST those in the black community that are for peace and good policing but it seem the media and others only want to talk about those that say and do the most outrageous things.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Jim. Can't disagree with the title of this thread "A Lot of cops ARE racist".

But, at the same time. What most of us always fail to report is "The same can be said for A Lot of Black, Uneducated Americans as well."

That racist idea is, and must always be seen as a Two-Way/Reciprocal for everyone who uses it.

Police officers who are forced to Police in predominantly Black neighborhoods have to pay much more attention
    to protecting themselves because The Blacks in large City Ghetto's, where Black on Black crime is far higher, use the cries of Police Brutality in their own defense AFTER THEY COMMIT THEIR CRIMES, and use the Police as their instant TICKET out of jail in many cases.
    All ANYONE has to do, in any case, anywhere is....SCREAM POLICE BRUTALITY, or RACISM, and WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT. Don't we REV?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Jim. Can't disagree with the title of this thread "A Lot of cops ARE racist".
    I was being facetious with the title, and I don't honestly believe that. I think in reality it should read "a small amount of police are racist".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I was being facetious with the title, and I don't honestly believe that. I think in reality it should read "a small amount of police are racist".

I know Jim. But, ask those who keep reporting about how BAD, and how much they HATE cops here on DP, and they will be first to disagree with you being facetious about this.

I ask Rev, because he is the self-proclaimed authority on the police. Just ask him.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I know Jim. But, ask those who keep reporting about how BAD, and how much they HATE cops here on DP, and they will be first to disagree with you being facetious about this.

I ask Rev, because he is the self-proclaimed authority on the police. Just ask him.
    The cold hard facts and data are the authority.