Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Presidenial pets

Mark and I were watching a history program on the White House staff. Pets are part of the duties of the staff. We looked up a list of pets for the presidents and discovered that the people who have called the White House home have kept everything from the common (cats, dogs and horses) to the rather odd or exotic (silkworms and a pygmy hippo). Presidents who had children with them in the residence generally had more pets. How much do pets influence the public opinion of a President. It's my personal opinion that Americans, roughly 60% of whom have some pet, feel more a connection with someone who does likewise. If we are a pet owner, do you think we are less likely to trust a person who does not have a pet?

2. Thanks jimnyc, Perianne, LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    Mark and I were watching a history program on the White House staff. Pets are part of the duties of the staff. We looked up a list of pets for the presidents and discovered that the people who have called the White House home have kept everything from the common (cats, dogs and horses) to the rather odd or exotic (silkworms and a pygmy hippo). Presidents who had children with them in the residence generally had more pets. How much do pets influence the public opinion of a President. It's my personal opinion that Americans, roughly 60% of whom have some pet, feel more a connection with someone who does likewise. If we are a pet owner, do you think we are less likely to trust a person who does not have a pet?
    Wow, who owned a little hippo? Cute little buggers but must not be an easy pet to have!

I trust other animal lovers. Not to say I don't trust other folks, but animal lovers move to the top of the list faster.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default pygmy hippo

Calvin Coolidge was the one with the hippo. It was named Billy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Calvin Coolidge was the one with the hippo. It was named Billy.
    Damn, and I see Billy was an awfully busy little bugger, fathering 23 little ones! I don't know why, but I imagined someone with one of these suckers in their backyard! LOL The zoo sounds more reasonable now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_%28pygmy_hippo%29
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Romney was getting a Rhino
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

7. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default exotics

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Damn, and I see Billy was an awfully busy little bugger, fathering 23 little ones! I don't know why, but I imagined someone with one of these suckers in their backyard! LOL The zoo sounds more reasonable now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_%28pygmy_hippo%29
    I rather think a lot of the more unusual pets were gifts which now would be housed in the National Zoo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

...It's my personal opinion that Americans, roughly 60% of whom have some pet, feel more a connection with someone who does likewise. If we are a pet owner, do you think we are less likely to trust a person who does not have a pet?...
    sorry to say i agree.
    I used to like to think that things like this would not matter to a most of the voting public but i'm more aware now just how much JUNK like this "informs" some people's idea on who's more trustworthy and qualified to be president or congressman.

I've had dogs, cats, fish, birds, rabbits and Guinea pigs, btw. And hope to get some chickens and a sheep too. But I don't give a flip what kind of animal a candidate does or doesn't have. What does he or she vote like? do they truly align with the constitution?
    It really bothers me that candidates really pander and get votes with issues like pets, dress, demeanor, looks, etc..
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

No question where the Obama's keep their MAGGOT collection. He calls them his Czar's.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Theodore Roosevelt had the most...

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

13. Thanks WiccanLiberal thanked this post