Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default No charges for Oregon teacher accused of branding students with Tesla coil

Wow, not charged, man I wonder what exactly you have to do to be charged with a crime in Oregon This teacher asked for volunteers to show how a Tesla coil would burn a symbol into the skin, and he did just that to a student that had "I Love Mom " burned into his arm along with a heart. I believe I would be whoppin my kid for doing something so stupid let alone if a adult had helped him. If you want to mark your body at least do it through a professional tattooist.

An Oregon prosecutor is not filing criminal charges “at this time” against a high school science teacher who is accused of using a Tesla coil to burn the phrase “I love mom” into students’ arms.
    Samuel Dufner was arrested Tuesday at South Salem High School.
    Salem police Lt. Steve Birr said students used the coil in a class exercise last week. Dufner told his class it could be used to mark the skin and asked for volunteers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/07...cmp=latestnews
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Wow, not charged, man I wonder what exactly you have to do to be charged with a crime in Oregon This teacher asked for volunteers to show how a Tesla coil would burn a symbol into the skin, and he did just that to a student that had "I Love Mom " burned into his arm along with a heart. I believe I would be whoppin my kid for doing something so stupid let alone if a adult had helped him. If you want to mark your body at least do it through a professional tattooist.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/07...cmp=latestnews

*Interesting read.....and then there were the wide variety of opinions in the comment section...which were interesting.

4. Thanks Jeff thanked this post