Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Many Europeans scared shitless not by Islamists but by Americans

What has made the Europeans afraid of the US?

LONDON (AFP) - More Europeans see the United States as a threat to global stability than Iran and North Korea combined, according to a poll published Monday.

The Harris Interactive survey for the Financial Times showed that 32 percent of more than 5,000 respondents in five European countries -- Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain -- regarded the United States as the biggest threat to stability.

China was next on the list, thought of as the greatest threat by 19 percent of European respondents, followed by Iran at 17 percent, Iraq at 11 percent, North Korea at nine percent, and Russia at five percent.

The FT said the poll findings were consistently reflected in 11 monthly polls between July 2006 and last month in which the percentage of respondents who regarded the United States as a threat ranged between 28 percent and 38 percent.

By contrast, a quarter of American respondents regarded North Korea as the biggest threat, followed by Iran as 23 percent, China at 20 percent, and the United States itself at 11 percent.

More than 1,000 people were surveyed online in each of the six countries every month between July 2006 and last month by Harris Interactive for the poll.

More: http://www.afp.com/english/news/stor....x72r7wkj.html

Has it been the reckless lying by the Bush and Blair administrations? Or has it been the actions of the American terrorists? More of a threat than even Iran or North Korea? Think about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post

LONDON (AFP) - More Europeans see the United States as a threat to global stability than Iran and North Korea combined, according to a poll published Monday.

The Harris Interactive survey for the Financial Times showed that 32 percent of more than 5,000 respondents in five European countries -- Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain -- regarded the United States as the biggest threat to stability.

China was next on the list, thought of as the greatest threat by 19 percent of European respondents, followed by Iran at 17 percent, Iraq at 11 percent, North Korea at nine percent, and Russia at five percent.

The FT said the poll findings were consistently reflected in 11 monthly polls between July 2006 and last month in which the percentage of respondents who regarded the United States as a threat ranged between 28 percent and 38 percent.

By contrast, a quarter of American respondents regarded North Korea as the biggest threat, followed by Iran as 23 percent, China at 20 percent, and the United States itself at 11 percent.

More than 1,000 people were surveyed online in each of the six countries every month between July 2006 and last month by Harris Interactive for the poll.

Has it been the reckless lying by the Bush and Blair administrations? Or has it been the actions of the American terrorists? More of a threat than even Iran or North Korea? Think about it.
    I think that this "survey" says a lot more about how ill informed these people are than anything else.

The last paragraph says more about what a biased crackpot you are Psycho.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ......................

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I think that this "survey" says a lot more about how ill informed these people are than anything else.

The last paragraph says more about what a biased crackpot you are Psycho.
    Europe has a ton of Muslims, they probably survey's them. The other people they surveyed realize if we ever got into it with them we would crush them. As far as that poll, it's bullshit we have been allies with England since back in the day. They get in some shit we bail them out, we get in some serious shit(the only kind of shit our country can get in) and they come to our aid. So does Italy, Spain and they other countries listed. The media is once again proving how Liberal and shit stirring they are.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Who cares? I'm glad that they are, however it happened.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Who cares? I'm glad that they are, however it happened.
    Why do you want America to be hated and feared?
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for when we are ready to expand our Empire

or..so ppl will be more hesitant to mess with us?
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post

Why bother with Empire? They're more trouble than they're worth. And think about it, what's the purpose of Empire? No need for your govt to be imperial in its outlook, I bet in any region in any country of the world people can say, "Coca-Cola" and "Okay."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol,yah. who would need the hassle of countless rebellions and such.

but do they mean global stability because we are attacking the ppl that attacked us? or that we will just end up pissing everybody off? would it cause more instability if we just let them run free and blow up things willy nilly?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    Why do you want America to be hated and feared?
    I don't want us to be hated, but I don't care if they do. Its of no consequence.

When they fear us then they will leave us alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol,yah. who would need the hassle of countless rebellions and such.

but do they mean global stability because we are attacking the ppl that attacked us? or that we will just end up pissing everybody off? would it cause more instability if we just let them run free and blow up things willy nilly?
    I think it goes back to the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Now you're going to hate my guts for saying this but it's not a partisan comment, it's an observation. Here it is: The rest of the non-lunatic world was with you. We were with you like you wouldn't believe. Personal example. I was 13 when John Kennedy was assassinated. I remember exactly where I was when I was told about his assassination. I remember it as clearly as I remember yesterday. I also remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I was told about 9/11 (for the record I had a slight hangover). I sat and watched cable tv in utter astonishment. I won't go on about it, we all saw the images. I went to work. People at work were stunned, saddened, outraged - you name it. We (at home) had the tv on Fox and CNN continually. We (me and my family) simply couldn't believe it. We were with you. We - meaning me - were fine with the invasion of Afghanistan to get bin Laden and the murderers. But then - I told you wouldn't like this - Bush went into Iraq and that was it. Why the hell he didn't stick it to bin Laden in Afghanistan/Pakistan is still beyond me. Anyway that's a reasonably objective response to your question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't want us to be hated, but I don't care if they do. Its of no consequence.

When they fear us then they will leave us alone.
    Hate and fear are extremely strong emotions, we all know that. But the problem is that hate and fear together produce much aggression. When fear is greater than hatred, that's okay, but when hatred is greater then fear, there's the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know what you mean D. i was in home room of my high school when we were attacked. i can understand that yah we have gotten some terrorist training camps over there, but if anything we bogged ourselves down and made ppl made at us. it is one of those 50/50 things with me. i can understand the whole war on terror and that we do need to strike at them and not allow them to organize, but at the same time, if he was gonna do it in Iraq, we shoulda gone in fullforce, not piddle farted around. now with some of the way things are going, like with the Iranian explosives guy getting caught in Iraw, i fear that we may go there next.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

The New World Order

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ............

i know what you mean D. i was in home room of my high school when we were attacked. i can understand that yah we have gotten some terrorist training camps over there, but if anything we bogged ourselves down and made ppl made at us. it is one of those 50/50 things with me. i can understand the whole war on terror and that we do need to strike at them and not allow them to organize, but at the same time, if he was gonna do it in Iraq, we shoulda gone in fullforce, not piddle farted around. now with some of the way things are going, like with the Iranian explosives guy getting caught in Iraw, i fear that we may go there next.
    Why are you afraid that we will go into Iran? We need to. We need to bomb them of the face of the Earth.