Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

i'm no more an apologist or lover of the left, or the right as GW envisions it, but I sure as shit am for America getting though this attack from the left and the Islamics. Personally, I'm appalled at those on the right that think they can envelope the problem to their cause. On the other hand I'm dismayed at the lefts attempts to say that it's 'all our fault' for failing to be more concerned or broad minded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    i'm no more an apologist or lover of the left, or the right as GW envisions it, but I sure as shit am for America getting though this attack from the left and the Islamics. Personally, I'm appalled at those on the right that think they can envelope the problem to their cause. On the other hand I'm dismayed at the lefts attempts to say that it's 'all our fault' for failing to be more concerned or broad minded.
    Oh yeah, you're a centrist alright. Kathianne is fair and balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Oh yeah, you're a centrist alright. Kathianne is fair and balanced.
    Fine, tell me what you are looking for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have been lucky and some of the mandates issued after the Oklahoma City bombings about tighter controls over pre-cursor materials and some other high tech detonation and triggering mechanisms has led to the successes and the lack of successful IED or VBIED attacks in the US, to date. Making flammable liquids aerosols and even more explosive is a difficult process, is also a bit out of reach of most amateur bomb-makers in my opinion.....someone else may know more than I on the matter, but the results are pretty impressive, so far, I'd say.

Isolation from geographically, from the Middle East is also a big part of why we have had fewer attacks here, as well.....One can drive from London to Baghdad in a couple of days.....

Yeah, I suspect we have been lucky, but it doesn't hurt that there are a lot of folks who are willing to stand up and report things that aren't the way the are supposed to be.....and I am sure to bet that there will not likely be an attack in a mall or other public place where it is legal for citizens to carry a concealed weapon, as the perpetrators may very well be dispatched before law enforcement even shows up.....but those places where it is illegal will unfortunately end up catching the brunt of militants attacks.....If I were in their planning organization, that is what I would do.....
    Gadget (fmr Marine)

Don't speak unless spoken to......slimeball!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot....They don't know what they are doing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    So they can make everyone a muzzy. Its in the Koran. Think evangelicanism with a sword and burka.
    Ah, I see. Like Christians have sometimes done throughout history?

Why is it that organised religion folks want to take everyone over?

Oh well, if they win I'd be among the first up against the wall then.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    What does that mean? That resentfull minorites should practice terrorism?
    No it means what I wrote - it's an observation, that the Brits have discriminated against the Muslim minority. The Brits have a history of denial of racial discrimination going back, in my memory, to the 1950s. Of course it's even older than that. In 1290 King Edward I expelled the Jews.

But I digress.

No, there's not much of a moral defence for terrorism. The best I can come up with is resistance to occupation, terrorist tactics against military targets are probably morally defensible in that case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post

Christians might piss you off or annoy you but they don't have the slightest intention of putting you up against the "wall". Helping the lesser of two "evils" may be worth investigating in this particular situation.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I consider the bold part as the usual cop out by liberals. Comparing christians of hundreds of years ago with those now days is just grasping for a crutch to stand your argument up with. I expect better from you. I'm an atheist myself and I can't stand that comparison. Modern day islam is a vicious evil ideology, as it has been since it was first developed. You would be more accurate to compare it to the thugs of india worshiping kali.

As for what happens to you if they win. Being put against the wall would be the quick way. Most likely you have have your hands and feet cut off and then your head. And it won't be done quickly. Personally I would go down with a gun in my hands taking as many with me as I could.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Are you equating some Christians with Islam? Because deception is part of the Koran.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Christianity and Islam are basically one and the same. They just have a different way of worship. Some Muslims are radical. Some Christians are radical.
    There are some alleged "Christians" on this board that are as hateful as any radical Muslim out there. For no reason other than ignorance and pure hate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it desirable to bring other's in to your religion? Don't ALL religions express that desire? (some more forcibly than others) I know I have a "friend" that continually tries to recruit me in to her church to "save" me..
    Gadget (fmr Marine)

Don't speak unless spoken to......slimeball!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot....They don't know what they are doing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Christianity and Islam are basically one and the same. They just have a different way of worship. Some Muslims are radical. Some Christians are radical.
    There are some alleged "Christians" on this board that are as hateful as any radical Muslim out there. For no reason other than ignorance and pure hate.
    Wow. Did bin Laden tell you this while you were living with him in his cave?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Christians might piss you off or annoy you but they don't have the slightest intention of putting you up against the "wall". Helping the lesser of two "evils" may be worth investigating in this particular situation.
    I was actually thinking of how Christians forced Jews to convert. Forced conversion isn't limited to Islam. Jews, on the other hand, don't want you unless you're really, really serious about conversion. I'm digressing again.

My point is that the religion (Judaism aside) doesn't matter. It's the people running it our using it as an excuse who are the problem. Christianity specifically rejects forced conversion doesn't it? But it was still done. It's a form of behaviour that is despicable, regardless of the religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I consider the bold part as the usual cop out by liberals. Comparing christians of hundreds of years ago with those now days is just grasping for a crutch to stand your argument up with. I expect better from you. I'm an atheist myself and I can't stand that comparison. Modern day islam is a vicious evil ideology, as it has been since it was first developed. You would be more accurate to compare it to the thugs of india worshiping kali.

As for what happens to you if they win. Being put against the wall would be the quick way. Most likely you have have your hands and feet cut off and then your head. And it won't be done quickly. Personally I would go down with a gun in my hands taking as many with me as I could.
    Not a cop-out, more of a reminder (as in my other post) that it's not so much a matter of religion as it is of a human tendency. Why I have no idea. If we're going to make comparisons between religions (which I try to avoid but if it's brought up I won't ignore) then it has to be warts and all.

As far as being up against the wall - just a bit of colour for the post. I don't see myself as being forced to convert or die any time soon. In Australia we have a very small Muslim population that's contained mainly in Sydney even though we've had Muslims living with us since the 19th Century. The first mosque in Australia was built in the far north of my state in 1880. We've had a mosque in our capital city since 1888 (we've got a couple more since the original one). So far so good

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Are you equating some Christians with Islam? Because deception is part of the Koran.
    No I'm pointing out that humans behave in certain ways if they believe their actions are guided by/advised by/approved (of)/endorsed by - their god.