Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polite Russian View Post
    Thanks

I think that Vladimir Putin is good president. He raised our economics, rebuild our army.. But he is not perfect (my personal opinion). I really dont like his interior politics, he's position about nationalism, islam and a lot of other moments. But at that time, he is the only one person, who can rule our country. I think, that Russia need "strong hand", and Putin is that hand. In that case there a lot of his enemies here. Practically all of them are liberals and their leaders like to go in to your embassy for "consultations".

He is not perfect, but he is the only one, who can rule Russia.

I live in Saint-Petersburg.
    I really dont like his interior politics, he's position about nationalism, islam and a lot of other moments.
    Exactly what do you object to about his handling of the problem that Islam presents to Russia?
    Is it that it is too hard or too soft?--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What's your thoughts on Vlad Putin? Of course he is often demonized over here, just as I assume some US leaders are done over there. But would like to hear someone's opinion that is living in Russia!
    It is sad to say that I admire Putin more than our own President. Putin is looking out for his country; Obama is trying to destroy his.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Hellow.

Unfortunaly there are not many people here know English well.
    I learned it at school, my parents hired tutors, and I had some practice, while traveling

Abot Ukrainin crisis - is is a hard and "deep" question.. I dont have enough time right now, so, if you dont mind, you will get your answser later. Or you can add me in Skype.
    I can say about Crimea - it is a will of Crimea people. I was there 4 years ago, and they said, that they dont want to be in Ukrain. And, last summer, my friend was there. People are really happy, Russian flags are everywhere. So...
    And I dont think, that crisis was manufatrured ONLY by Putin. Thats fault of all sides. Russia, Ukraine, and USA/EU. There are no innocents.

As I previosly said - it is complicated theme.

*Yes...I understand very well about "complicated"...Im from the original old Yugoslavia....

....when you have time...check this out...

`Clinton bombed the wrong people`

http://pamelageller.com/2006/05/kosovo_clinton_.html/

`WHY CLINTON BOMBED THE SERBS: An Analysis`

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1514131/posts

4. Thanks Polite Russian, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Exactly what do you object to about his handling of the problem that Islam presents to Russia?
    Is it that it is too hard or too soft?--Tyr

He think, that Islam is not a problem.. Well, it looks like he think that way. So I think that answer is TOO soft.
    But I could be wrong about that.

6. Thanks LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

He think, that Islam is not a problem.. Well, it looks like he think that way. So I think that answer is TOO soft.

`Understood friend..... Deep inside I dont feel he cares about the cancer of islam....he has his reasons for his present actions...read between the lines...

*ahhh just picked up on `your` accent above....

8. Thanks Polite Russian thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    True (:

Made all the sweeter by how bitter the Russian media and power elite were towards her victory. They even cut away from her on screen presentations during this years show to show wide views of the hall instead.
    I made an error and posted on the wrong thread, but seriously Noir, you would be arrested outside the west and given psychiatric treatment for behaving like this in public. Come on, be honest, is this your idea of normality?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Hellow.

Unfortunaly there are not many people here know English well.
    I learned it at school, my parents hired tutors, and I had some practice, while traveling

Abot Ukrainin crisis - is is a hard and "deep" question.. I dont have enough time right now, so, if you dont mind, you will get your answser later. Or you can add me in Skype.
    I can say about Crimea - it is a will of Crimea people. I was there 4 years ago, and they said, that they dont want to be in Ukrain. And, last summer, my friend was there. People are really happy, Russian flags are everywhere. So...
    And I dont think, that crisis was manufatrured ONLY by Putin. Thats fault of all sides. Russia, Ukraine, and USA/EU. There are no innocents.

As I previosly said - it is complicated theme.
    No worries, answer when you have time to delve into it... it's interesting to hear from a legitimate Russian instead of news stories that may or may not be factual.

Interesting that you think there was an American involvement in the Ukrainian crisis - can you elaborate when you have time?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

11. Thanks Perianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I am not sure that he thinks its too soft or not a problem. Isuspect great pressure from outside Russia(Global banking system) has applied great pressure to soften his response the to muslim problem..
    I had expected and even hoped for him to take a much, much harder approach just as I did for China but neither one went that path.
    Surely must be due to outside pressure as neither is averse to killing by volume to solve such problems..
    Too bad that the one time that type of response would be best they refuse to engage in it IMHO.
    For me, only reason for the soft approach has to be outside influence--only entity powerful enough to exert that is the Globalists and World Banking(Same entities)... Globalists and Islamists are allies--as of now) because they both share important common goals... --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks Polite Russian thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John V View Post
    I made an error and posted on the wrong thread, but seriously Noir, you would be arrested outside the west and given psychiatric treatment for behaving like this in public. Come on, be honest, is this your idea of normality?
    and what you think it is right that a state arrests and forcibly 'treats' citizens that you do not consider 'normal'?

As they say 'there is no such thing in life as normal'.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No worries, answer when you have time to delve into it... it's interesting to hear from a legitimate Russian instead of news stories that may or may not be factual.

Interesting that you think there was an American involvement in the Ukrainian crisis - can you elaborate when you have time?

Ok. About american influence. Lets start with winter 2013. Maidan. Do you think, that was there just to support people? I dont think so. All that global shit started on the Maidan. I dont think, that American politics (Nuland, for example) was there "just" to show support to "Ukraine" people. Your soldiers train Ukrain army. Your politics often come to Kiev for "consulting". And on some videos "Ukraine" soldiers speak English.

And about situation. Ukraine is not a "natural" country. Its 20 years old. It always was in Russa (Russian Empire, than USSR). And than they get independence. But Ukraine was always "sepatated" to parts. Western and Eastern. Western was a former Poland catholic territory, and eastern - always was Russian, orthdox. So in western Ukrain people talk on Ukrain language, in eastern - on Russian. But this is not only about language. Its about culture, ideals. So western Ukrainians was allways "against" Russia, while eastern supported. Eastern Ukrainians (most of them) call themself russians. That conflict is not only geopolitical.

About our part. Well. A already told you about Crimea. About our military - I dont think, that our regular troops are there. But our volunteers - yes. A lot of them. I have a fellow, that left there. And he is not a military. He even did not served in army. But he saw, whats going on. Artillery, that destroy childrengardens, schools. Tragedy in Odessa. And stories of refugees, that have been there. Damn, even I want to go there, and fight for people of Donbass. If you want to, i can post here some links. I'm sure, that your mass media dont show you whats going on in Donezk and Lugansk.

Government of Ukraine... bunch of thiefs. They say, that they "fighting against Russian agression", but they ask russia about discounts on gas! If we are in war... And their prime minister.. just begging EU and USA for money, and than dont want to pay their debts.

And of cource their "nazi" batalions. Do you know, who is Stepan Bandera? Well, western Ukrainians believe he is a hero. Open the Wikipedia and read about that "Hero".

You know, I dont wach TV and trying to look at situation from both sides. There are a lot of propaganda in Russia (well, i think that in USA too ), but I know people, who are there right now, and who was there, who have seen the truth. And I belive, that we need to support Donezk and Lugansk republics.
    And about russian involvement.. Well. Russian history starts in Kiev. Generally we are the same people, the same folk. A LOT OF Russian people have relatives in Ukraine.

Oh, I hope that there are not many mistakes in the text..

Sorry if I speak "strange", or with mistakes. Its unusual to me to speak on english so much. :3
    __

BTW, if you want to communicate, you can add me in skype.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Sorry if I speak "strange", or with mistakes. Its unusual to me to speak on english so much. :3
    __

You're doing fine with your English.

What kind of news do you get, and how much of it is controlled by the government? Do you get British or American news channels?

And is your internet completely uncensored?

The reason I ask is because we hear things about Russian censorship occasionally, but there's really no way of knowing unless you talk to someone in the region.

17. Thanks LongTermGuy, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Welcome!
    Gave the Norwegians a good run for their money last night, was somewhat hoping we could have Eurovision in Russia for next year, given it would be the campest in a generation.
    As it was, though, we achieved our usual pitiful voting tally, Noir. Not so for Russia.

It was a closely-run finish, though. And your Russian entry (at least by Eurovision standards !) was of a high quality (and the lead singer was stunning !)

But I have a question for our new Russian member, and I'd be interested in your answer.

Voting in these song contests tends to follow political associations or allegiances (turning the whole thing into a bit of a farce). For example, Greece and Cyprus habitually give high votes to each others' countries. Ditto the Nordic countries ... Norway would heavily vote for Sweden, Sweden would reciprocate, Finland would vote for Iceland, etc etc.

But notably, that same pattern amongst the former Soviet States towards favouring Russia (Latvia, Estonia, etc) wasn't as pronounced as usual, and our British commentator, Graham Norton, made a point of noting it. I ask ... in your opinion, what might account for that ?

I'm sorry to say that I have a theory you might not like.

Forgive me .. but I must be honest. I agree with the school of thought that Putin is an egotist, possibly power-drunk. His land-grab ('annexation') of Crimea following a widely-understood ILLEGAL vote, has been followed by military interference in eastern Ukraine (for which Putin refuses to admit culpability). Could it be that your former satellite-countries were expressing displeasure at Russian-fueled insurrectionist activities in Ukraine, by withholding their votes this time around ?

We fundamentally disagree on Putin, I'm afraid. I fear we're heading towards another Cold War because of his antics. The man's a world class menace.

By the way ... welcome to the forum ! I look forward to your future posts.

__

No worries - your posts convey their intended messages clearly. You're doing well with them.

Ok. About american influence. Lets start with winter 2013. Maidan. Do you think, that was there just to support people? I dont think so. All that global shit started on the Maidan. I dont think, that American politics (Nuland, for example) was there "just" to show support to "Ukraine" people. Your soldiers train Ukrain army. Your politics often come to Kiev for "consulting". And on some videos "Ukraine" soldiers speak English.

And about situation. Ukraine is not a "natural" country. Its 20 years old. It always was in Russa (Russian Empire, than USSR). And than they get independence. But Ukraine was always "sepatated" to parts. Western and Eastern. Western was a former Poland catholic territory, and eastern - always was Russian, orthdox. So in western Ukrain people talk on Ukrain language, in eastern - on Russian. But this is not only about language. Its about culture, ideals. So western Ukrainians was allways "against" Russia, while eastern supported. Eastern Ukrainians (most of them) call themself russians. That conflict is not only geopolitical.

About our part. Well. A already told you about Crimea. About our military - I dont think, that our regular troops are there. But our volunteers - yes. A lot of them. I have a fellow, that left there. And he is not a military. He even did not served in army. But he saw, whats going on. Artillery, that destroy childrengardens, schools. Tragedy in Odessa. And stories of refugees, that have been there. Damn, even I want to go there, and fight for people of Donbass. If you want to, i can post here some links. I'm sure, that your mass media dont show you whats going on in Donezk and Lugansk.

Government of Ukraine... bunch of thiefs. They say, that they "fighting against Russian agression", but they ask russia about discounts on gas! If we are in war... And their prime minister.. just begging EU and USA for money, and than dont want to pay their debts.

And of cource their "nazi" batalions. Do you know, who is Stepan Bandera? Well, western Ukrainians believe he is a hero. Open the Wikipedia and read about that "Hero".

You know, I dont wach TV and trying to look at situation from both sides. There are a lot of propaganda in Russia (well, i think that in USA too ), but I know people, who are there right now, and who was there, who have seen the truth. And I belive, that we need to support Donezk and Lugansk republics.
    And about russian involvement.. Well. Russian history starts in Kiev. Generally we are the same people, the same folk. A LOT OF Russian people have relatives in Ukraine.

Oh, I hope that there are not many mistakes in the text..
    Sorry, I only belatedly caught up with this post.

You say that Ukraine is not a 'natural' country. Well ... isn't that subject to perception, rather than the right of a country to call itself one, and to behave as one ?

There are a number of countries that by old Russian standards might not be thought of as having a right to independent identity. But then, those old Russian standards had a great deal to do with the maintenance of a Soviet Empire. Today's independent nations (Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia etc) want independent identity and I see no reason to begrudge any of them that identity. I say that the same is, and should be, true of Ukraine.

Our own media (that's British media, anyway) considers that, however loosely associated with Russia they may be, those rebel forces in the east of Ukraine ARE there, being led on, by Russia. We have reports of both Russian troops and Russian armaments in that region. And it is for this reason that Putin is being increasingly seen as a threat to world peace.

I'm posting a link to a British newspaper ... and I've deliberately chosen a Left wing one for the purpose. See this ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ignore-5288098

In case censorship software prevents you from accessing it, this is a direct quote:-

The “menace” of Vladimir Putin will be impossible to confront if defence spending is cut, two former ministers have warned.

Labour’s Bob Ainsworth and Tory MP Sir Peter Luff have told the Mirror that Europe’s borders face a “real military threat” from war-mongering Russia.

Mr Ainsworth, a former Defence Secretary, and Sir Peter, a defence minister under David Cameron, insist defence spending should stay at 2% of GDP and say the danger is not confined to Russia, with the Argentines looking for buy fighter aircraft that could pose a risk to the Falkands.

In a joint warning to be published exclusively in Saturday's Daily Mirror, they say:

"Vladimir Putin’s aggression has put defence on the election agenda. Or it should have. Worryingly, all the major parties seem reluctant to take the hint.

"For the first time since the end of the Cold War, Europe faces a real military threat on its borders.

"Until Putin rattled his sabre, the direct threat to the UK was mainly from terrorists. His invasions of Crimea and eastern Ukraine have changed all that.

"Now we face a Russian leader who sees no real limit to his ambition. Look at his provocative flights of nuclear bombers off the coast of England.

"Putin leads the first major power since the Second World War to invade another state to gain territory. He claims to be the protector of all the Russian minorities in Central Europe.

"That means we must expect direct or, more likely, indirect attacks on Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. This, after all, is a man whose greatest regret is the end of the Soviet Union.
    This gives you a taste of how these things are seen in my part of the world. Putin is seen as a serious and increasing threat to world peace.

By the way, this might also be news to Americans ... but we've had a spate of Russian aircraft flying very close to British territory recently, this reminiscent of what the USSR used to do during the Cold War years. These are seen as belligerent acts.

I'd welcome your views. And tell us, is this perception of how we see things at all understood by the ordinary Russian citizen ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

By the way, this might also be news to Americans ... but we've had a spate of Russian aircraft flying very close to British territory recently, this reminiscent of what the USSR used to do during the Cold War years. These are seen as belligerent acts.

No, we've been seeing the stories.

And we've been intercepting quite a few Russian bombers here in Alaska lately, too. I don't see it as particularly aggressive, both American and Russian airforces have played this game of intrusion and interception for decades now.

However, I did read a story a couple days ago about the Danish dropping a bunch of depth charges to try and sink an unauthorized sub that was detected sneaking around in their waters... didn't get them but that was a very aggressive response. Had to be either the Chinese or Russians, and I think the odds were heavily Russian.

21. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

No, we've been seeing the stories.

And we've been intercepting quite a few Russian bombers here in Alaska lately, too. I don't see it as particularly aggressive, both American and Russian airforces have played this game of intrusion and interception for decades now.

However, I did read a story a couple days ago about the Danish dropping a bunch of depth charges to try and sink an unauthorized sub that was detected sneaking around in their waters... didn't get them but that was a very aggressive response. Had to be either the Chinese or Russians, and I think the odds were heavily Russian.
    Thanks for this, NightTrain.

We've not been 'worried' about those Russian aircraft ... the attitude is that our RAF is well up to the task of meeting any patrolling challenges (or direct incursions) that come our way. All the same, their increase in incidence is seen as clear evidence of greater outright belligerence from the Russians.

The bigger picture you describe simply adds confirmation of what we think we perceive .. a ratcheting up of acts of provocation. The obvious question has to be what this tells us of the Russian mindset, and specifically what it says for Putin's capacity for future belligerent acts. Can he be trusted not to take it to levels we in the West cannot possibly tolerate ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 05-24-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

23. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You're doing fine with your English.

What kind of news do you get, and how much of it is controlled by the government? Do you get British or American news channels?

And is your internet completely uncensored?

The reason I ask is because we hear things about Russian censorship occasionally, but there's really no way of knowing unless you talk to someone in the region.

I dont get Brit and USA channels, but I get youtube

I already said, that I know some people, who is fighting there right now. They are all voluteers, and some of them dont like our government, so I believe them and their infotmation. They did not saw russian military. They saw a lot of locals, some former Ukrain soldiers. If our military there - even rebels dont know about them.

Cencore in our internet is only in some radical islam, nazi and that tipe of extremism websites.
    We have our freedom of speech, if you are about that

25. Thanks Drummond, NightTrain thanked this post