Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's funny you say that about my sig line. I was reading Jeff and Peri's post above and started reading my line, and it got me wondering. I TRULY believe that animals are on the same path as us, and will also go to heaven. So while this will hut real bad, deep down inside hopefully we both know it's a better thing.

Thanks much for the link, looks like I have some great reading to do!!
    Rest easy knowing Jerome will no longer be in any pain or have any breathing issues, he will have all the cat towers he wants, he will be in paradise.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Rest easy knowing Jerome will no longer be in any pain or have any breathing issues, he will have all the cat towers he wants, he will be in paradise.
    Jeff, for such a big tough guy, you sure are sweet. And I mean that in a nice way, sir. You have all my respect as a friend to Jim.

4. Thanks Jeff, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Also helpful, despite the goofy name:

http://www.amazon.com/Will-I-See-Fid...ds=fido+heaven
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I just spoke with my vet at length. Well, there are 5 of them in this office, but this is the woman who runs the show, and has known Jerome since week 8. We spoke about various things, and then she mentioned that they do perform house calls. She recognized that my concerns were his comfort and fear, and of course my wanting to get in and out as fast as possible and not be seen by anyone. And this way, I can do what I have to do and run upstairs like a big baby within 3 seconds and my wife will handle the paperwork. Not putting him into the truck, getting him scared, going through those doors... I didn't even ask her what the extra cost is. It feels so wrong to be planning this while he is still here next to me. But she said to look at it as the last gift I can give to him, to be with him and let him go peacefully.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I just spoke with my vet at length. Well, there are 5 of them in this office, but this is the woman who runs the show, and has known Jerome since week 8. We spoke about various things, and then she mentioned that they do perform house calls. She recognized that my concerns were his comfort and fear, and of course my wanting to get in and out as fast as possible and not be seen by anyone. And this way, I can do what I have to do and run upstairs like a big baby within 3 seconds and my wife will handle the paperwork. Not putting him into the truck, getting him scared, going through those doors... I didn't even ask her what the extra cost is. It feels so wrong to be planning this while he is still here next to me. But she said to look at it as the last gift I can give to him, to be with him and let him go peacefully.
    Jim, I told you about having to euthanize my dachshund. My vet understood how people react. It was only me and him and he left as soon as he determined that the job was done. I sat there with my doggie for several minutes, holding and kissing him. The staff left me in peace for a long time. Eventually the vet came in and asked if I was okay. I gave him my card and asked if one of the girls could take care of the payment for me. He came back with the receipt and left me alone to grieve over my doggie. After a sufficient while, I walked out the back and cried all the way home.

There is nothing unmanly about crying over your little dog. Don't let your pride rob you of the few precious moments you have left with your baby. Hold him, kiss him, cry over him.... whatever you need to do. It's the last time you get that opportunity. This is one of the most painful times you will ever have.

I wish I could be there with you, if it would give you comfort. God bless your love for one of His creations.

9. Thanks LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default gifts

Jimmy it truly is a gift. How wonderful to leave this world for the next surrounded by love in a place we know as home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Jim you knew both Winny and Bubba, and honestly I did them wrong, I know that now and still wouldn't want to have to make that choice, but when it is you not going through it the choice is really a easy one, no one wants their best friend to suffer. Having a pet is so hard, they don't not live as long as Humans do but make much better friends in most cases.

Try to concentrate on all the great memories you have Jim, when we get a pet we get one for the good times they give us, concentrate on them and remember Jerome won't be hurting any longer.

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

They rely on us to make that choice for them.

He'll go quietly and he'll know youre there with him...

that is not a bad thing... to go surrounded by those you love.

He is a cute bugger...
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

14. Thanks Jeff, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, the house call sounds so much better than bringing him to the Vet.

Also, ask her to give him a strong sedative right before. The last time I insisted on a sedative for our cat, and it went better. The vet for our previous cat said we didn't need it, and I took her word for it. I've regretted that decision ever since.

Please go to that site I gave you soon. They are very caring and understand exactly how you are feeling.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Jeff, LongTermGuy, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

well.... look at it like this... you'll have your own Guardian Angel..

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I hope you guys understand that I keep updating this as I am beyond heartbroken, I need to write this stuff. I can't stop thinking about this and I can't stop crying. I have a lump in my throat. There are lots of things to say, and to think about, that are meant to help, but it still hurts.

What gives me the right to do this? If only I was convinced that he knew what I was thinking, and what I felt. I wish I had a sign. Some talk about seeing signs of things, I am always left with faith alone.

I feel like I'm just counting the minutes on waiting for a family member to pass. Some may not understand, not being huge animal lovers. And that's ok, but to me that's how it feels.

I hope I can get through this, that Jerome understands, that he'll be at peace. This next 24 hours are going to be very difficult for me. I don't know if I'll have the strength for all of this. I admit I'm weak at things like this.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

19. Thanks fj1200, Perianne, Jeff, Abbey Marie, Kathianne and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I hope you guys understand that I keep updating this as I am beyond heartbroken, I need to write this stuff. I can't stop thinking about this and I can't stop crying. I have a lump in my throat. There are lots of things to say, and to think about, that are meant to help, but it still hurts.

What gives me the right to do this? If only I was convinced that he knew what I was thinking, and what I felt. I wish I had a sign. Some talk about seeing signs of things, I am always left with faith alone.

I feel like I'm just counting the minutes on waiting for a family member to pass. Some may not understand, not being huge animal lovers. And that's ok, but to me that's how it feels.

I hope I can get through this, that Jerome understands, that he'll be at peace. This next 24 hours are going to be very difficult for me. I don't know if I'll have the strength for all of this. I admit I'm weak at things like this.

Jim I am hear if ya need to talk, SE may be a good one to talk to, he has been through this as well. It is just my opioin but yes Jim I believe whole heartiditly that Jerome knows exactly what is in your heart, as we spoke of in another thread, dogs can sense what their Master is thinking, and what their feelings are.

Wish there was some magical word to make things OK but all I can say is we are here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just saw this and read all the comments. Jim, I am so sorry for you & yours today having to pass on a family member. I'm not sad for Jerome though as he's had the best life & love he could have been given in this life and all dogs go to Heaven, for sure.

Hope it went well for him today, but it always so heavy hearted for us to do the final best thing that we can for our beloved pets.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

22. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I'm sorry, Jim. How we love our furry babies.
    You don't know yourself yet how it is to love own grandchildren.
    Pls, don't consider this rose as a sexual harassment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

* moderated *
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-31-2015 at 06:54 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.