Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Pets serve the purpose of letting children practice taking care of a helpless creature. Think of the lessons your son learned from having Jerome around. Those lessons don't die with the dog. That does make it awkward to explain to children the act of euthanizing a pet. I hope that doesn't teach kids a lesson about what to do with ailing parents.
    I hope in some weird way this was meant to be your way of being nice? I read this yesterday while in a very sad mood, and it made me even sadder, as if you were hitting me while I was down. I hope I took your post the wrong way.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thank you all very much for the support. Part of me is trying to not think about this right now, but I didn't want to ignore the support from you guys, as it means a lot to me. This royally screwed with my head for now.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I was wondering two things:

* moderated *

* moderated *
    Not the time nor the place for this discussion, let it go man.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-31-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Thank you all very much for the support. Part of me is trying to not think about this right now, but I didn't want to ignore the support from you guys, as it means a lot to me. This royally screwed with my head for now.
    If you find a challenging activity, your head will stop being screwed up. If you only like producing things of value, try buying an old electromechanical pinball machine and repairing it. If you just want pure fun, building a model fills the bill.

I recommend a nice model like this one:
    http://www.revell.com/model-kits/engines/85-8883.html

Last edited by tailfins; 05-31-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, Jim. My dog Bogey was a little over 14 when she had a stroke which paralyzed and disoriented her. She couldn't walk and was obviously scared. I held her as the doctor gave her the shot. Hardest damn thing I ever did. If you have faith in God, then have faith Jerome will be there when you arrive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

* moderated *
    Not the place and time for you to tell anyone how to feel... Let it go...but be assured how you act on this issue reflects heavily on your character.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-31-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Feeling bad

Jim, take whatever time you need to feel better. There is no reasoning with grief. It is an appropriate response to the loss of that companion soul. Don't let anyone tell you baloney about "he was just a dog". This article has some good advice for the person grieving and a few messages for those who may wish to help them. http://www.helpguide.org/articles/gr...h-pet-loss.htm "
    • The grieving process happens only gradually. It can’t be forced or hurried—and there is no “normal” timetable for grieving. Some people start to feel better in weeks or months. For others, the grieving process is measured in years. Whatever your grief experience, it’s important to be patient with yourself and allow the process to naturally unfold.
    • Feeling sad, frightened, or lonely is a normal reaction to the loss of a beloved pet.Exhibiting these feelings doesn’t mean you are weak, so you shouldn’t feel ashamed.
    • Trying to ignore your pain or keep it from surfacing will only make it worse in the long run. For real healing, it is necessary to face your grief and actively deal with it. By expressing your grief, you’ll likely need less time to heal than if you withhold or “bottle up” your feelings. Write about your feelings and talk with others about them.

So keep talking to us about it. You have friends here who care about what you are feeling, not what others think you should feel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    Jim, take whatever time you need to feel better. There is no reasoning with grief. It is an appropriate response to the loss of that companion soul. Don't let anyone tell you baloney about "he was just a dog". This article has some good advice for the person grieving and a few messages for those who may wish to help them. http://www.helpguide.org/articles/gr...h-pet-loss.htm "
    • The grieving process happens only gradually. It can’t be forced or hurried—and there is no “normal” timetable for grieving. Some people start to feel better in weeks or months. For others, the grieving process is measured in years. Whatever your grief experience, it’s important to be patient with yourself and allow the process to naturally unfold.
    • Feeling sad, frightened, or lonely is a normal reaction to the loss of a beloved pet.Exhibiting these feelings doesn’t mean you are weak, so you shouldn’t feel ashamed.
    • Trying to ignore your pain or keep it from surfacing will only make it worse in the long run. For real healing, it is necessary to face your grief and actively deal with it. By expressing your grief, you’ll likely need less time to heal than if you withhold or “bottle up” your feelings. Write about your feelings and talk with others about them.

So keep talking to us about it. You have friends here who care about what you are feeling, not what others think you should feel.
    You're just repeating what I said. I may not understand what Jim is experiencing, but have read about it enough to give him intelligent answers.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm just curious because he is experiencing something outside of my existence. Information from others is welcome, but not from occultists doing Lucifer's work, Mr. Officious. I was wondering if Jim would trade being free from what he is experiencing for a severely impaired ability to bond being more "robotic". If YOU doubt my character, I'm likely on the RIGHT track.
    Like I and others have said... not the time or the place for for this... you would do well to just let it go.
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default The rainbow bridge poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Captain America

12. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I removed Tailfin's comments from the thread, along with quoted replies.

Jim doesn't need someone to twist the knife, he needs time to heal.

Tailfins, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Stay out of this thread and PM me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-31-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Max R. thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim,
    I just want to tell you that I've been thinking of you, and what you are going through.

Now would be a great time to go to aplb.org
    No one can help you to work through this like a pet grief counselor.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Jim, Ive been thru losing a dog that I dearly loved. Its never easy, its always a brutal ordeal. Time will heal the pain.
    A very bad ordeal to have to deal with and words barely ever help. Just know if its best for Jerome not to live in pain or suffer it must be done.
    Godspend on getting over the loss..
    Can often be same as as losing a human family member.. It was for me..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Just read this Jim, and I understand your pain. My first mini-Schnauzer. Missy, was 17 when she finally gave me a sign. She walked down the driveway during a rain storm, crossed the road,.... went under an electric fence and laid down in a pasture next to a tree. I was frantically looking for her and when I found her I picked her up and ran down the driveway screaming and crying for my husband to get the car out to take her to the vet. Hubby told me that all I could say was "it wasn't supposed to happen this way, it wasn't supposed to happen this way". It was because I always thought we would have that last day together with us having "the talk". I would bathe her, feed her chocolate (she was always sneaking some), play tug-o-war or fetch, and then say goodbye. Instead I had to watch her suffer ... all her organs had finally just shut down.

I was so selfish ... because I just couldn't bear to think about how my life could go on without her. She had got me through so many tough times in my life ... always there to give me comfort and cheer me up with her antics. After she finally relaxed and took her final breath I decided to take her home and bury her in the yard, under the tree where my hammock is so we could continue to connect. After I got her home I bathed her, dried her, combed all the tangles, and then sat in the rocking chair blubbering and telling her how sorry I was that I let her suffer so, and sorry that I just didn't see how much pain she must have been in. My husband went to Home Depot and got the materials to build her a coffin. He even got brass hinges and a little lock. We put her in with her favorite blanket and toys. To this day I cry when I think of her and she passed in 2001. We had to put our black lab to sleep in 2004. It was no easier because we loved him like a family member as well. And, as some of you know, my little Rocky (also a mini) was at death's door last year. I cannot imagine when it's his time.

Jim, I agree with Jeff that we sometimes put our little ones through unnecessary pain and sadness because they can sense our emotional trauma. And all because we selfishly can't think of what life will be without them. Please think of what Jerome is going through knowing you are so torn up about this. I can't say it will be better because nothing will ever fill that special spot and bond you had with him. If you choose to bring another little guy (or girl) into your life, he will also find a special spot ... but will never take Jerome's place. He will just be another one to love and cherish.

It is such a cruel thing that our pets have such a short time to spend with us. Please focus on the 16 years you've had together and don't let the last few days you have with him feel like he's letting your down by not being able to cheer you up.

I hope you are able to stay with him during his last moments .... he needs you to help him with this last step.

Take care,
    Sassy
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I removed Tailfin's comments from the thread, along with quoted replies.

Jim doesn't need someone to twist the knife, he needs time to heal.

Tailfins, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Stay out of this thread and PM me if you have any questions.
    I spoke with Tailfins through PM about this, he didn't mean any harm by what he said. I won't go into detail of what we spoke of but I know that Jim will understand.

I want to thank everyone for their replies on this thread, Jim loves his animals very much and Jerome was his baby. With that said I don't think anyone meant any disrespect but personal attacks aren't needed in this thread either, if we must show our hatred for each other do it in the cage.

Again thank you for the post, I know it won't fix things for Jim but it sure makes it a rad bit easier.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

21. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post