Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Cops upset over picnic where folks share food freely

Freedom of assembly a threat to LEOs.
    "you need a permit."
    "who you with?"
    "why are you filming me?" "why are you filming me?!"
    "pack this stuff up!"

fake quote > "well ur um ok seem suspicious to me, people sharing food on public property, were going stand over here.. and keep an eye on you weirdos.."

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Rev although I think it is ridicules it is the law, no you can't just go feed people without proper permits. On top of getting the permits they want to know how many will be fed at a time, do you have enough bathrooms to serve all. I know this because we tried to set up and feed the hungry twice a month, but the legal red tape is unreal.

I know of a church that does it like this, they have church services where as they have what is called a pot luck, I am guessing that is OK because it isn't really a organized feed the hungry type thing, but the church will send their bus to pick folks up around noon and bring them to the church ( yes they do it around noon so folks may go to their own churches before coming if they wish to help ) they eat first than have a church service and then eat again, any and all food left over is sent with the folks to take with them, they have been getting away with this for a couple of years now but if they said they where going to feed the hungry every Sunday they would need all kinds of paper work.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Such freedom!
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post