Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New York Times’ Boldfaced Lies About Joe Wilson

Support the NYslimes....Cancel your subscription..

July 3rd, 2007
    From the Orwellian pages of the New York Times:

Soft on Crime http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/op...in&oref=slogin
    When he was running for president, George W. Bush loved to contrast his law-abiding morality with that of President Clinton, who was charged with perjury and acquitted. For Mr. Bush, the candidate, “politics, after a time of tarnished ideals, can be higher and better.”

Not so for Mr. Bush, the president. Judging from his decision yesterday to commute the 30-month sentence of I. Lewis Libby Jr. — who was charged with perjury and convicted — untarnished ideals are less of a priority than protecting the secrets of his inner circle and mollifying the tiny slice of right-wing Americans left in his political base.

Mr. Libby was convicted of lying to federal agents investigating the leak of the name of a covert C.I.A. operative, Valerie Wilson. Mrs. Wilson’s husband, Joseph Wilson, was asked to investigate a central claim in Mr. Bush’s drive to war with Iraq — whether Iraq tried to purchase uranium from Africa. Mr. Wilson concluded that Iraq had not done that and had the temerity to share those conclusions with the American public.

It seems clear from the record that Vice President Dick Cheney organized a campaign to discredit Mr. Wilson. And Mr. Libby, who was Mr. Cheney’s chief of staff, was willing to lie to protect his boss…
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://sweetness-light.com/
    Remember how boldly and easily the New York Times lies each and every time you read an article from them.

They are shameless, dangerous liars.

(By the way, if you are still confused about what actually happened in the Wilson/Plame non-scandal, you might take a look at my exegesis: When And Where Joe Wilson IV Outed Valerie Plame.)http://sweetness-light.com/archive/w...-valerie-plame
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Support the NYslimes....Cancel your subscription..
    I got a call from them a few months back wanting me to subscribe. The guy hung up after I couldn't stop laughing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's it, kill the messenger. The bad news coming out of Washington has nothing to do with Washington and everything to do with the NYT. Right. I think you have misdirected hostility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    That's it, kill the messenger. The bad news coming out of Washington has nothing to do with Washington and everything to do with the NYT. Right. I think you have misdirected hostility.
    No, just that the NYT puts a biased spin on their news. Are you denying that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    No, just that the NYT puts a biased spin on their news. Are you denying that?
    Of course not, but if that's your problem I'm sure you feel the same way about Fox News Channel right?

Oooh, it stings doesn't it?
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Of course not, but if that's your problem I'm sure you feel the same way about Fox News Channel right?

Oooh, it stings doesn't it?
    Sting? I thought you knew me better than that.

Its your loss if you don't watch a news source that at least tries to be fair and balanced. The NYT makes no such claim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Sting? I thought you knew me better than that.

Its your loss if you don't watch a news source that at least tries to be fair and balanced. The NYT makes no such claim.
    Hey, I can shove feathers up my butt and call myself a chicken too, but does that really make me a chicken?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how is the pardon of a man who was prosecuted simply because he is a republican in the Presidents adminsitration bad news out of washington? its some of the best news ive ever heard. He didnt do anything wrong.

Meanwhile the prosecutor who knew no crime had been committed is still well respected for his witch hunt; the man who leaked the name is virtually ignored while Democrats pretend it was some Bush conspiracy despite his opposition to the administration; and more importantly Joe Wilson, who knowingly lied to the American public and under oath is making money off his lies.

Dont see you guys as enthusiastic about these others.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hey, I can shove feathers up my butt and call myself a chicken too, but does that really make me a chicken?
    It would help explain some things we've been wondering about you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

How is this different from Fox and the NY Post making boldface, slanderous lies about people? Oh, because it fits their purposes! Never mind...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    how is the pardon of a man who was prosecuted simply because he is a republican in the Presidents adminsitration bad news out of washington? its some of the best news ive ever heard. He didnt do anything wrong.

Meanwhile the prosecutor who knew no crime had been committed is still well respected for his witch hunt; the man who leaked the name is virtually ignored while Democrats pretend it was some Bush conspiracy despite his opposition to the administration; and more importantly Joe Wilson, who knowingly lied to the American public and under oath is making money off his lies.

The guy who leaked the name (Scooter) isn't being ignored. He was prosecuted and found guilty--by jurors (members of the public) just like you and me mind you--and now his sentence has been nullified by his big boss. He kept his mouth shut and protected his bosses and now he's basically been given a get-out-of-jail free card.

And Joe Wilson did not lie to the public. He told the public about what he found in Niger. Just because something doesn't jive with your warped view of reality or step right in sync with your party lines doesn't mean it's a lie.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 07-03-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

I hate to be picky, he wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted. His conviction stands.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The guy who leaked the name (Scooter) isn't being ignored. He was prosecuted and found guilty--by jurors (members of the public) just like you and me mind you--and now his sentence has been nullified by his big boss. He kept his mouth shut and protected his bosses and now he's basically been given a get-out-of-jail free card.

And Joe Wilson did not lie to the public. He told the public about what he found in Niger. Just because something doesn't jive with your warped view of reality or step right in sync with your party lines doesn't mean it's a lie.
    What penalty was handed to Armitage?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Once again, you are stating that one wrong is justifiable by another. Obviously the American way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Once again, you are stating that one wrong is justifiable by another. Obviously the American way.
    Actually yeah. Why should there be one set of rules for one party and another for the other? Fuck yeah, I call foul.