Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A look at how much money it has brought in............

Story Highlights

The No. 1 movie, "Transformers," has made $152.5 million since Monday
    That's not including nearly $100 million from other countries since June 28
    Disney's "Ratatouille" drops to second after pulling in $29 million
    Box office falls 23 percent from this weekend last year

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

That's a good chunk of change!

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saw it last night. And.... yeah, it was a Michael Bay movie. Great action sequences that eventually become so shakey you can't tell who's who, surrounded by a crappy plot.

I like Shia LeBouf, and I thought he was great in this. However, they could've easily trimmed a good 30 minutes from his whole love story. Why invest so much time in characters nobody cares about, then have the autobots' story explained in a 3-minute scene? And, as someone who never watched the show, and only saw the 80's movie once, I had no clue who any of the Decepticons were. I could see where that would piss off some fans. As it is, they served the plot, but they weren't exactly "characters".

But, it entertained me for 2 hours, and what more can you want? Movies like this not only don't need to be thought about afterwards, they almost demand you don't think about them. I was thinking about it, as much as I hate Michael Bay, the guy's definitely developed his own style, and his movies are so confident, it's easy to look past the crappiness.

That said, Michael Bay should get out of the mansion and talk to a few black people every now and then. Literally every black character in this movie was a huge stereotype. There's no reason to have a character saying "that theah is mah mammy!" in the year 2007. That said, the row of black guys behind me ate up all that stuff, so maybe Bay's onto something.

But, that Megan Fox! Yowza! And the blonde NSA girl (I think she was Australian) was nice to look at, too!
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

D, as far as taking your kids, I'd say it's OK. There is some real-life type destruction (IE: buildings get destroyed, cars blow up, etc.), but for the most part, the only things hurt are the robots. There are a few people who die, but it's nothing graphic at all. And, as far as language, I heard the word "shit" maybe three times, though there is a very brief "are you masturbating?" scene with the main character's parents that could prove for an awkward situation if your kids are the curious type.

But, I really don't think a little girl would be interested at all. For boys, I'd say age 7-8 and up.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org