Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default In Memoriam

It's kind of hard to make something like this when it's so hard to watch any of it. I kinda turned it on and off real quick, both at the beginning and and just to review. I still need to go through many photos. I thought this was a touching song to go along with the photos. Maybe down the road I can spend more time on this.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne, NightTrain, Jeff, fj1200 and 10 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

He lived a full and contented life, loved by the one he loved best...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Jim although it may be hard to watch now, in time you will see how beautiful it is, great job Jim, you did Jerome proud !!!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

6. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, SassyLady, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Jim, I post this link every time I stumble upon a thread such as this. It is funny, touching, sad, and all so very true.

May it make you smile and stir fond memories.

I feel your pain, truly, but know that you did the right thing.

My Dog: The Paradox
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

8. Thanks Kathianne, SassyLady, LongTermGuy, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Jim although it may be hard to watch now, in time you will see how beautiful it is, great job Jim, you did Jerome proud !!!

so true Jeff....hard for me to watch...(brought back memories)....well said Jeff^^^

10. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's kind of hard to make something like this when it's so hard to watch any of it. I kinda turned it on and off real quick, both at the beginning and and just to review. I still need to go through many photos. I thought this was a touching song to go along with the photos. Maybe down the road I can spend more time on this.

I am so sorry Jim. June 20 will be one year I had to put Callie down. She had kitty diabetes and the vet said maybe she had a 20% chance of living another year or so. I balled like a baby for weeks and I still think about her every day. She was a stray and I had her for 12 good years

Some laugh, but I believe if God wants you be happy and content in Heaven - you will have your pets there with you. So hang in there - your guy will be waiting you at the gates to welcome you in
    Last edited by red states rule; 06-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

The song was perfect for the video, Jim ... I know it's difficult now but someday you will be happy you put it together. I wish I had something like this I could watch every now and then to help remind me of what great dogs I've had.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

13. Thanks Jeff, Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

You know as tough as it it to lose a friend, we have to remember that God allowed us the time we had with that friend.

A friend of mine ( well his dad actually ) told me one day, " Jeff I am kind of mad with God " I asked what do you mean Craig, and he said " well my wife and I worked all our lives saving for retirement, we went to Church whenever we could" her every Sunday for her ( he was a trucker so was on the road a lot ) "we raised our son right, I think we are decent people, but yet know my wife half the time don't even know who I am " See Craig's wife has altimeters and is in a nursing home.

Well the other day Craig came to me and said " Bro ( yes he is a old greay beard ) Bro I am not mad with God any longer", I asked why, and he said " well you know actually I was lucky, I had 52 good years with my wife and during those years she was in the hospital and very sick a few times, I could of lost her anyone of those times, but God gave me 52 wonderful years." Craig is exactly right, sometimes when we feels so bad about losing someone, remember just how lucky we where to have them in the first place.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You know as tough as it it to lose a friend, we have to remember that God allowed us the time we had with that friend.

A friend of mine ( well his dad actually ) told me one day, " Jeff I am kind of mad with God " I asked what do you mean Craig, and he said " well my wife and I worked all our lives saving for retirement, we went to Church whenever we could" her every Sunday for her ( he was a trucker so was on the road a lot ) "we raised our son right, I think we are decent people, but yet know my wife half the time don't even know who I am " See Craig's wife has altimeters and is in a nursing home.

Well the other day Craig came to me and said " Bro ( yes he is a old greay beard ) Bro I am not mad with God any longer", I asked why, and he said " well you know actually I was lucky, I had 52 good years with my wife and during those years she was in the hospital and very sick a few times, I could of lost her anyone of those times, but God gave me 52 wonderful years." Craig is exactly right, sometimes when we feels so bad about losing someone, remember just how lucky we where to have them in the first place.
    Great way to look at it, Jeff.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Jeff, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am late again. I am so sorry Jim. I understand how you feel. The video is an expression of your love, and very well done. I am so sorry for your loss!

I lost my Link, and american eskimo, a year ago, he was 18 years old. He was born here in my house. I will always miss him. I cannot even think of replacing him because he was truly one of a kind.
    My son made a video of Link and myself, playing ect. The music I chose was the "Best I Ever Had". I am not going to post the video, because even now after a year it tears me up.

I bred Link into existence. He was the perfect dog for me. Just like your perfect friend was one of a kind.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

18. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If I would go to take the recyclables out, when I came back in he would act like I was gone for hours, join me on the couch and lick me the same. He ALWAYS wanted to go with me, no matter where I went. And then he wasn't happy enough to be in the passenger seat, he had to come join me in the drivers seat, hitting the ABS button on the way over, and then trying to squeeze himself into my sweatshirt like he did when he was a puppy.

He was nervous at first when we went to live down in Georgia with Jeff. I think he was a little afraid, so he mainly stayed by my side, since Jeff had a Chihuahua and a Bulldog. Jerome would hang out on the arm of the couch, and then literally rest his head on mine if I rested it there.

During the ride back once I remember him sitting on my center console, on the raised portion that you can open and place things in. He sat there, with his head equal to mine, licking my ear and making his snorting noises for about 15 hours straight one ride home!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

20. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nobody will ever love you like your dog. He will meet you one day at the rainbow bridge!

22. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne, jimnyc thanked this post