Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah? Got an ID card and DD21 says your wrong.

I'm trying to explain to these asswipres what it's like and I'll give this one up ... I don't know how.

Good thing I read the rest of your shit. You were a Corpmman and a Harrier pilot? Not in this world.

Try again and I'll shut you right the fuck down. You're a fraud. So pick one ... corpsman or harrier pilot? Oh yeah, since Marins. not sqquids fly the Harriers.

Get your lies in order.
    Never mind Gunny. Read what I said again. Your sounding like the rev here. I never said I was a Doc, nor a pilot. DID I SAY THAT? If so. Please tell me where, and how. Then we'll all know.
    I spent five days in FLEET HOSPITAL 5, in the Sand, for my spinal injury, and we had a SCUD attack. And we watched one of our MARINE PILOTS go down into the beach while offshore on the ship.
    Does that make me a Corpsman, or a Pilot?
    You want to shut anybody down. You should start with yourself.
    I am challenging your claims, like you think YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON THERE???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Sorry GUNNY....That's the end of your BS here. REAL MARINES know how to stay quiet.
    Your story just flunked you. That PTSD crap coming from you...You just lost any support from me at all.
    I WAS THERE IN 1990-91. And had a personal attack while in Fleet Hospital 5. Ever heard of that?
    And I also was there when a MARINE PILOT in a Harrier....didn't make it back to the ship.
    So...anyone who falls for this crap from Gunny?
    Too bad. You are in the wrong place gunny. No matter how GUNG HO you try to sound. I ain't buyin' it.
    Oh, and I was on the USS Okinawa for 368 days. It's on my IDR and my DD214. We were on our way home and they turned us around.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Never mind Gunny. Read what I said again. Your sounding like the rev here. I never said I was a Doc, nor a pilot. DID I SAY THAT? If so. Please tell me where, and how. Then we'll all know.
    I spent five days in FLEET HOSPITAL 5, in the Sand, for my spinal injury, and we had a SCUD attack. And we watched one of our MARINE PILOTS go down into the beach while offshore on the ship.
    Does that make me a Corpsman, or a Pilot?
    You want to shut anybody down. You should start with yourself.
    I am challenging your claims, like you think YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON THERE???
    In other words you're a piece of shit because someone disagrees with your closed-minded ass? And you want to deflect by questioning their credibility because you have no real argument.

That about sums it up doesn't it?

You're a whiney-ass piece of shit that can never be wrong. Even if you're wrong. Oh yeah, redundant = you.

The only thing you ever claimed to be was a comm geek on a boat. Well that makes you not important.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Dude, you need counseling. And treatment.
    Shit happens in combat. I am guessing you saved a lot more men than you ever lost. That is what good leaders are for. That is why leaders are chosen. Part of the hell of wars is that not everyone who fights them survives.
    You put in 21 good years. Obviously you were a good leader or you wouldn't have lasted that long. How many orders did you give that saved lives? How many men are still walking the earth because of things you did?
    You are no longer there. Let it go.
    Stop blaming yourself. And stop blaming others. P
    The reason I believe in telling people about it, regardless anyone's idea of Marines" is we have to live with this. And everyone pretends it doesn't exist. I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

Fuck y'all. Want to play? I'll destroy your punk ass asses. Being weak in the area of the area of God doesn't make you weak on a battlefield.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

In other words you're a piece of shit because someone disagrees with your closed-minded ass? And you want to deflect by questioning their credibility because you have no real argument.

That about sums it up doesn't it?

You're a whiney-ass piece of shit that can never be wrong. Even if you're wrong. Oh yeah, redundant = you.

The only thing you ever claimed to be was a comm geek on a boat. Well that makes you not important.

If you say so. I'm a piece of shit. Does that make anything different? Call me all the names you like. My MARINE CORPS son knows what kind of people He, and I have been in contact with Gunny. I feel strange wishing you SEMPER FI, because it seems..you want to be the only one who's ever experienced any tragedy in your life. And, I'm here to tell you. You can make all the claims, call all the names, and threats you want.
    Honestly. I feel sorry that you have decided to be so angry at everyone. And making the PTSD excuses here, just isn't gonna fly.
    YOU are not the only person who has, or hasn't experienced lousy things in life. So, until you begin to understand that. I cannot bring myself to have any confidence, or trust in you as a Fellow Veteran.
    END OF TRANSMISSION....BT AR.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No he wouldn't. I'm just one that tells the truth. I try to do it the best I can. We're hardasses from the word go. I can't explain it in accurate terms. I can only explain how I feel, as a Marine and and leader. I wouldn't hesitate to carry out my mission.

But every one of those Marines you are responsible for are the toughest SOB's and Earth and they die to make sure their brothers live. Now, be the one in charge. I'm responsible.

If you think you can live with that, you got no soul.
    My father WAS the one in charge... He was a Full Colonel. He lost men under his command, he made the hard choices. He carried out his mission and made sure that as many of his men came home as possible.

I grew up in a Marine family, I knew what Semper Fi meant before I was in Kindergarten. I respect the sacrifices of every man and woman that has been a member of the Corps. But I will not tolerate someone that bellyaches about how tough they had it versus everyone else. You're a Marine... Do what Marines do best. IMPROVISE, OVERCOME, ADAPT, SUCCEED.

Don't act like a pissed off old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Act with the dignity that those Dress Blues represent.

I've respected the Marines my entire life. My Father is a Marine, my Godfather is a Marine, My Uncle was a Marine.

Time for you to ACT LIKE A MARINE. Suck it up and quit your bellyaching. It's getting tired and you damn sure wouldn't have done it on Paris Island or wherever you did your Basic.
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Oh.. Here is a Picture of my Fathers Ship....

I believe you'll recognize it....

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

9. Thanks aboutime, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If you say so. I'm a piece of shit. Does that make anything different? Call me all the names you like. My MARINE CORPS son knows what kind of people He, and I have been in contact with Gunny. I feel strange wishing you SEMPER FI, because it seems..you want to be the only one who's ever experienced any tragedy in your life. And, I'm here to tell you. You can make all the claims, call all the names, and threats you want.
    Honestly. I feel sorry that you have decided to be so angry at everyone. And making the PTSD excuses here, just isn't gonna fly.
    YOU are not the only person who has, or hasn't experienced lousy things in life. So, until you begin to understand that. I cannot bring myself to have any confidence, or trust in you as a Fellow Veteran.
    END OF TRANSMISSION....BT AR.
    I'd suggest you don't screw with me.

And I'll rip your fucking head of. And if yo think I can't, put down the comic books.

You sit here like little bitches but you ignore the communist fuck on the board. But call yourselves american. Let's see -- I'm against an American with an opinion - you know that thing the Constitution guarantees -- that you end all your time jumping on?

Yet you're from the Cold War and say nothing about the faggot commie?

You're EVERYTHING wrong with this country.

And your sorry ass can kiss mine if you think you want to prove I'm not a Marine. I'll kill you and your pussy ass won't have time to even take a breath.

Let's play, little girly-ass bitch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I'd suggest you don't screw with me.

And I'll rip your fucking head of. And if yo think I can't, put down the comic books.

You sit here like little bitches but you ignore the communist fuck on the board. But call yourselves american. Let's see -- I'm against an American with an opinion - you know that thing the Constitution guarantees -- that you end all your time jumping on?

Yet you're from the Cold War and say nothing about the faggot commie?

You're EVERYTHING wrong with this country.

And your sorry ass can kiss mine if you think you want to prove I'm not a Marine. I'll kill you and your pussy ass won't have time to even take a breath.

Let's play, little girly-ass bitch.

Right you are gunny. Ain't gonna do any such thing. I have no need to prove anything here.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

H'm.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it'd maybe be an opportunity to combat something that had been posted by a hardline Leftie-type. That one was being taken to task as a much-deserved exercise in decency. Or, something more generalised, deserving the proper reputable comments.

What I instead see is a bunch of 'sounding off' posts that surely properly belong in The Cage.

I'm not willing to judge any of this .. I don't see how I'm qualified to. I freely 'admit' (if it's a question of admission) that I have no personal experience at all of military life. I never served in that capacity. So the experiences, and their effects on people, that happen .. are beyond my imagination, and comprehension.

With all due respect, I can only say that I don't see the point of these exchanges. Adversarial stuff based on fundamental philosophical disagreements, or more, that's surely fair enough. Adversarial messages just for the working-out of feelings of anger, resentment, whatever ... what's achieved ?

I suggest that this thread be consigned to The Cage, if these exchanges are going to continue.
    Last edited by Drummond; 06-08-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Right you are gunny. Ain't gonna do any such thing. I have no need to prove anything here.
    Apparantly you do. No one questions who I am.

You on the other hand ...

Not so much

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My old friend... He carries no weight here... lets just ignore his rants from now on.

Lets not stoop to name calling and profanity.

If it comes from anyone... let it come from Gunny.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    My old friend... He carries no weight here... lets just ignore his rants from now on.

Lets not stoop to name calling and profanity.

If it comes from anyone... let it come from Gunny.

I agree. And, NOT ONCE did I stoop to the name calling, or the profanity. That's probably what he wanted.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I agree. And, NOT ONCE did I stoop to the name calling, or the profanity. That's probably what he wanted.
    My Father taught me that a Marine doesn't demand respect... he EARNS it.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    H'm.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it'd maybe be an opportunity to combat something that had been posted by a hardline Leftie-type. That one was being taken to task as a much-deserved exercise in decency. Or, something more generalised, deserving the proper reputable comments.

What I instead see is a bunch of 'sounding off' posts that surely properly belong in The Cage.
    Yes, right HERE