Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Domino's and Aunt Jemima latest to get "canceled"

The Domino's folks lashing out is pretty comical. Long before anyone likely even knew who this woman is, she posts on Twitter that Domino's is better than NYC pizza. Never mind the fact that this is a retarded and incorrect statement.... And Domino's replied with a thank you to her for her comment. All good, right?

Nope. Now, 8 years later it comes back to haunt them. But folks thought it was recent. And of course Twitter then gets filled with the dumbest comments by leftist folks looking for reasons to cancel others.

The Aunt Jemima one makes a little more sense.

---

In 2012, Domino's Pizza Liked a Tweet from Kayleigh McEnany and Now They Must Be Canceled

Cancel culture has been ramping up. Even the warlord of Seattle’s CHAZ or CHOP or Wokedishu has been accused of homophobic tweets. Enterprising folks taking advantage of a weird cultural moment are scrolling through years-old social media posts to find proof of wrongthink. The latest victim? Domino’s Pizza. Really.

It appears eight years ago the pizza chain’s Twitter account responded to a tweet from President Trump’s current press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany.

Now, while I completely disagree with McEnany’s sentiment here as it is blasphemy, this was tweeted when she was about 24 years old. Looking at the replies you can see just how far Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) has gone and just how ridiculous tweet-mining can get:

Sadly, it appears these people are serious. It is a shame modern public education doesn’t encourage people to read for details or context, but maybe some mom and pop pizza joints are going to benefit from the Twitter mob canceling Domino’s.

McEnany has made quite an impression since she took her new job on April 7 of this year. She is smart, articulate, and well prepared. She also regularly makes mincemeat of members of the White House press corps by turning their previous statements and behavior around on them during press conferences.

This has made her nearly as polarizing as her boss. Either you are so disgusted by the reporters in these press briefings that you cheer and smile when McEnany owns them, or you long for the days of stuffy and staid Republicans who would never stoop to such brazen tactics.

As a member of the group that cheers some of the responses, this made me laugh out loud. I am not sure if MSNBC panelist, Lincoln Project leader, and recent Biden endorser Rick Wilson didn’t read for context, but he is certainly one that pines for the days of Romney and Bush:

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...nceled-n540555

Quaker Foods to Rename ‘Aunt Jemima,’ Scrub Logo ‘to Make Progress Toward Racial Equality’

Quaker Foods, the company behind the “Aunt Jemima” brand of syrup and other breakfast foods, says it will rename this line of products and discontinue its label’s image of a black woman “to make progress toward racial equality.”

Aunt Jemima has been featured on these products for 130 years.

NBC reported on the development:

The picture has changed over time, and in recent years Quaker removed the “mammy” kerchief from the character to blunt growing criticism that the brand perpetuated a racist stereotype that dated to the days of slavery. But Quaker, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, said removing the image and name is part of an effort by the company “to make progress toward racial equality.”

“We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype,” Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer of Quaker Foods North America, said in a press release. “As we work to make progress toward racial equality through several initiatives, we also must take a hard look at our portfolio of brands and ensure they reflect our values and meet our consumers’ expectations.”

Kroepfl said the company has worked to “update” the brand to be “appropriate and respectful” but it realized the changes were insufficient.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...cial-equality/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess they "woke" on the wrong side of the bed too prematurely?

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...BWFDZO65UBSIQ/

... Evans, 66, a Marine Corps veteran living in North Carolina, told Patch that Quaker Oats should not try to erase history, the Post-Standard reported.

“This woman served all those people, and it was after slavery. She worked as Aunt Jemima. That was her job,” Evans said. “How do you think I feel as a Black man sitting here telling you about my family history they’re trying to erase?”

Quaker Oats said it will announce a new name for its pancake mix and syrup later this year.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    I guess they "woke" on the wrong side of the bed too prematurely?

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...BWFDZO65UBSIQ/
    They did. But tough to put the crap back in the box.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default More History destroyed by the perpetually stupid and offended.

Looks like it's about time to OUTLAW, and REMOVE all English dictionaries and DEMAND we all get the "EBONICS for DUMMIES" Dictionary that will remove all of the Fuss and Muss from a formerly SANE society.

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Yet still not a single word about half the government buildings and streets in WV being named after Robert Byrd
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes KitchenKitten99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Right Gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yet still not a single word about half the government buildings and streets in WV being named after Robert Byrd

I asked that same question a few weeks ago here on DP.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The radical BLM and Antifa crowd, in its zeal to right all wrongs has forced Quaker Oats to rebrand Uncle Ben rice and Aunt Jemima syrup...

My g/f showed me a box of Uncle Ben rice and a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup... and they showed a nice looking black man in a bow tie and a middle aged black woman... they could be someone's great aunt or grandfather today.

So, what's so racist about this? Are we to eliminate all depictions of black people from all products to satisfy the lunatic ravings of a highly vocal, but definitely fringe minority?

And what are we supposed to replace their images with? White People?

I had a thought the other day.... who in history has enslaved the most people? Whites? Europeans? No, Communists.

But Karl, you might say, the communists never owned slaves, how could they enslave people? Good question, and here's the answer... by taking people's rights away from them, by oppressing them, by making them nothing more than instruments of the State, by denying people the fruits of their labors, you enslave them.

And how many people have Communists killed? 100,000,000... that's 100 million people (and counting) ... and they've enslaved billions of people under their regimes. Their leaders are living the millionaire life while they live lives of destitution.

And just who do Black Lives Matter and Antifa look up to? Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalan, and Mao Tse Tung.

And these idiots are worried about pancake syrup!

Jesus had people like this pegged right... as in Matthew 23:24

23Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cumin. But you have disregarded the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blindguides!You strain outa gnatbutswallowa camel.25Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.…

How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    The radical BLM and Antifa crowd, in its zeal to right all wrongs has forced Quaker Oats to rebrand Uncle Ben rice and Aunt Jemima syrup...

My g/f showed me a box of Uncle Ben rice and a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup... and they showed a nice looking black man in a bow tie and a middle aged black woman... they could be someone's great aunt or grandfather today.

So, what's so racist about this?

Maybe you should spend some time and do some research.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Jemima

Maybe if these were black owned businesses, but white billionaires making products with black stereotypes is pretty much the definition of racist.

Communism is an economic system that a number of countries tried back in the 20th century. Nearly all of them eventually gave it up for capitalism. (Some, like China, kept the communist ruling class and a lot of the rhetoric.)
    Slavery is any of various forms of forced, unpaid labor. Some countries that currently have slavery (China, again) were once communist—but the two aren’t particularly linked.
    Last edited by pete311; 06-21-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Maybe you should spend some time and do some research.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Jemima

Maybe if these were black owned businesses, but white billionaires making products with black stereotypes is pretty much the definition of racist.

Communism is an economic system that a number of countries tried back in the 20th century. Nearly all of them eventually gave it up for capitalism. (Some, like China, kept the communist ruling class and a lot of the rhetoric.)
    Slavery is any of various forms of forced, unpaid labor. Some countries that currently have slavery (China, again) were once communist—but the two aren’t particularly linked.
    He pretty much nailed it, Pete. First, who gives a rat's ass who's on a bottle of syrup or box of rice?

Let's reverse that. How many pairs of basketball shoes, jerseys and boxes of Wheaties have been sold BECAUSE Michael Jordan is on the box? Or Penny Hardaway? Or the latest Mr Wonderful that went to LA?

As opposed to say, Billy Paulz? So it's okay to whore your ass out so long as it makes YOU money, but not okay if it's a generic black guy or woman on a box of rice or pancake syrup.

Second relative point is who are you going to replace them with? White people? THAT'll go over The fact is, ANYONE can take offense at ANYTHING if they so desire to twist the words and meanings up in a manner people incapable of critical thought (or who don't give a crap) will buy. Catering to them is stupid.

Catering to 13% of the US population is stupid when that catering consists of trampling the Rights of 70+ percent. It's ridiculous.

What I REALLY want to know is: What is Quaker Oats going to do about that white-ass, Quaker honky on the the box?
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-21-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

He pretty much nailed it, Pete. First, who gives a rat's ass who's on a bottle of syrup or box of rice?

Let's reverse that. How many pairs of basketball shoes, jerseys and boxes of Wheaties have been sold BECAUSE Michael Jordan is on the box? Or Penny Hardaway? Or the latest Mr Wonderful that went to LA?

As opposed to say, Billy Paulz? So it's okay to whore your ass out so long as it makes YOU money, but not okay if it's a generic black guy or woman on a box of rice or pancake syrup.

Second relative point is who are you going to replace them with? White people? THAT'll go over The fact is, ANYONE can take offense at ANYTHING if they so desire to twist the words and meanings up in a manner people incapable of critical thought (or who don't give a crap) will buy. Catering to them is stupid.

Catering to 13% of the US population is stupid when that catering consists of trampling the Rights of 70+ percent. It's ridiculous.

What I REALLY want to know is: What is Quaker Oats going to do about that white-ass, Quaker honky on the the box?
    Descendants of slaves care. People who care about the descendants of slaves care. Go back to your klan meeting Gunny, your white sheet is in the dryer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Descendants of slaves care. People who care about the descendants of slaves care. Go back to your klan meeting Gunny, your white sheet is in the dryer.
    Actually, these descendants don't, but the modern Democrat plantation managers exploit the idea that they do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They should go back to this one.

Harry Roseland's Fortune Telling Woman and the Spirit of ....jpg

The one they have at the moment with the June Cleaver hair-do is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 06-21-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I'm a descendant of slaves and I don't care.

I can promise you this: THIS bullshit racist bullshit blacks are pulling now? It's going to create more racism against blacks, not solve it. I could give a shit less about the color of someone's skin. Grown adults acting like toddlers, destroying and or rewriting history pisses me off. And if it's blacks doing it, I have ZERO problem calling them black.

Save your ratty attempt to play on MY white guilt and back me off. I have none. I've done nothing to need it and your lies don't change that fact a bit.

20. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I'm a descendant of slaves and I don't care.

I can promise you this: THIS bullshit racist bullshit blacks are pulling now? It's going to create more racism against blacks, not solve it. I could give a shit less about the color of someone's skin. Grown adults acting like toddlers, destroying and or rewriting history pisses me off. And if it's blacks doing it, I have ZERO problem calling them black.

Save your ratty attempt to play on MY white guilt and back me off. I have none. I've done nothing to need it and your lies don't change that fact a bit.
    haha ok, like you know anything, living in Mauston or whatever klan town you live in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Actually, these descendants don't, but the modern Democrat plantation managers exploit the idea that they do.
    sure, like you'd really know.