Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Earnhardt Jr. wins at Daytona in front of Dillon's vicious crash

Dang what a wreck, Last night I didn't get home until late ( 2:30 am or so ) well I knew there was a major rain delay in Daytona so I flipped the TV on and caught the last lap, or I should say the last wreck, My goodness how that boy walked away is beyond me. It is amazing that this kid walked away, the saftey measures Nascar has taken are unreal, lets face it a car on the highway crashes at 100 plus MPH there are fatalities, this car was running 195 plus along side 40 others and walked away, man ya got to love Nascar.

What really impressed me with the entire thing was when they spoke to Jr. in winners circle all he spoke about was how happy he was that no one was more seriously hurt, they spoke to Jimmie Johnson and more of the same, these drivers that are out there competing for mega bucks actually take the time to worry about their opponents and better yet the fans in the stands.

Only one fan was taken to the hospital, I haven't heard how bad his/her injuries are, but man a car running that speed and fly's up and hits the fence and only one person is carted away by the meat wagon, that is fantastic.

<iframe src="http://vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_share/select/rf586wgcX2x5?parentUrl=&t=6" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...065946402.html
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I watched Nascar's "final laps" this morning and I didn't want to know who won, so just clicked. I saw Jimmie on the outside and Jr. Leading. Jimmie got lucky and got #2 as the crash started. But damn, that's what I thought too when I heard Dillon's name, my first thought was "Wow, he just won yesterday and now he's dead". How the hell he walked away from that is beyond me. The dead stop at 200mph should have been enough to knock him senseless!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I watched Nascar's "final laps" this morning and I didn't want to know who won, so just clicked. I saw Jimmie on the outside and Jr. Leading. Jimmie got lucky and got #2 as the crash started. But damn, that's what I thought too when I heard Dillon's name, my first thought was "Wow, he just won yesterday and now he's dead". How the hell he walked away from that is beyond me. The dead stop at 200mph should have been enough to knock him senseless!
    That wreck will be one for the record books, at the end of each year they show the best and worst from years past and Daytona and Talledega seem to produce some of the best finishes ( even though with these restrictor plates most times it is a game of luck ) and they also have the worst wrecks. I believe it was in Daytona where Michael Waltrip had a wreck that basically left him sitting in a seat, not much more was left of the car, yup this one will be showing next to that clip for years to come.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    That wreck will be one for the record books, at the end of each year they show the best and worst from years past and Daytona and Talledega seem to produce some of the best finishes ( even though with these restrictor plates most times it is a game of luck ) and they also have the worst wrecks. I believe it was in Daytona where Michael Waltrip had a wreck that basically left him sitting in a seat, not much more was left of the car, yup this one will be showing next to that clip for years to come.
    Definitely a game of luck with the restrictor plates.

Are you sure you're related to Jim?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Definitely a game of luck with the restrictor plates.

Are you sure you're related to Jim?
    Hey, I'm part hick now! When I was there for a few months back in '05 or '06? I started watching because Jeff and his friend would only tune into that. I was kinda already a Jimmie Johnson fan, but only from in office gambling at a prior job. So I started watching more than usual with these guys and learned to like it a lot more. Now I pretty much watch every race that I can, but still haven't been to one yet. Jeff's been a hillbilly since like the early 90's I think.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks sundaydriver, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The safety aspect of racing has changed dramatically since Earnhardt was killed. Soft walls, stronger & higher fences, Hans device, and vehicle construction. Look back to crashes in the old days where the car remained intact and drivers were injured badly or killed instead of what we saw last night where the car shredded parts which dissipates all that energy away from the driver in that survival cell that encases them now.

Stick your head into a race car from 2000 and then into today's car, it's worlds better today.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

11. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I saw that accident happen in practice and I thought for sure he was dead. It was at Bristol and he went up and hit a gate post which the car went from ~120 mph to a dead stop. The car actualy shattered into pieces and was in a pile. When they lifted a few pieces of the wreck off the pile, there sat Michael upright still sitting in his seat and just dazed.

Back in those days they had factory sheet metal on the cars, fenders, bumpers, and roof.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

13. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    I saw that accident happen in practice and I thought for sure he was dead. It was at Bristol and he went up and hit a gate post which the car went from ~120 mph to a dead stop. The car actualy shattered into pieces and was in a pile. When they lifted a few pieces of the wreck off the pile, there sat Michael upright still sitting in his seat and just dazed.

Back in those days they had factory sheet metal on the cars, fenders, bumpers, and roof.
    I have only seen it in highlight clips but you are exactly right he went from 120 to zero instantly, heck last night Dillion came to a abrupt halt as well, and yes the saftey procedures they have put in place are unreal, but it is still hard to believe these guys don't get killed when a wreck like last night happens.

As for sticking your head in a car, I was at Atlanta and the M&M's car was being pushed to the inspection station, well they started flirting with the old lady, giving her candy and hats and shit, heck I didn't give a dang because I was all but able to crawl into the car as they trash talked, that thing was like a space ship, unreal for sure.

15. Thanks sundaydriver, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Tell ya what, he got lucky and hit wheels side, if he was roof side he would have broke his neck at minimum. Any of you see the Indy race where Dan Wheldon met similar fate at Las Vegas speedway? Very similar, but he hit the fence with his head side and was killed.

17. Thanks Loralei, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I have only seen it in highlight clips but you are exactly right he went from 120 to zero instantly, heck last night Dillion came to a abrupt halt as well, and yes the saftey procedures they have put in place are unreal, but it is still hard to believe these guys don't get killed when a wreck like last night happens.

As for sticking your head in a car, I was at Atlanta and the M&M's car was being pushed to the inspection station, well they started flirting with the old lady, giving her candy and hats and shit, heck I didn't give a dang because I was all but able to crawl into the car as they trash talked, that thing was like a space ship, unreal for sure.
    You f-ing redneck.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You f-ing redneck.
    Thank you BROTHER

After seeing the news the last couple of years, it makes me extremely proud to be called a Redneck, hell I even put my jeep in the yard and am letting the grass grow up around it.

Jim, I would like to see a Confederate flag on the smiley list, I think everyone would enjoy it, especially Rev !!!

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Thank you BROTHER

After seeing the news the last couple of years, it makes me extremely proud to be called a Redneck, hell I even put my jeep in the yard and am letting the grass grow up around it.

Jim, I would like to see a Confederate flag on the smiley list, I think everyone would enjoy it, especially Rev !!!

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is NOT hosted here, just sayin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

This is NOT hosted here, just sayin'

OK no flag lets do as the brothers do, but instead of boycotting DP ( I like it to much ) lets just boycott Jim, until we get the flag on the smiley list ( for Rev of course ) then we will no longer talk to you Jim, hell I always knew you where adopted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

OK no flag lets do as the brothers do, but instead of boycotting DP ( I like it to much ) lets just boycott Jim, until we get the flag on the smiley list ( for Rev of course ) then we will no longer talk to you Jim, hell I always knew you where adopted.
    That's rough man!

How about this guy from Georgia?

27. Thanks Jeff thanked this post