Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    THANKS AMIGO.
    I hope my reply to that member explains better my previous post. Also hope that we both benefited from the exchange. My reply admittedly was passionate about the greatness of this nation and its founding and I hope will not be taken as an aggressive post meant to offend as it was not my intent. However this is a Christian nation despite obama's lie that it is not ..
    In short , fffff-that lying scum obama ...--Tyr
    no it isn't. Absolutely we were founded BY Christians, mostly, and absolutely Christianity has influenced our nation from the very beginning; but we are NOT a Christian nation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    no it isn't. Absolutely we were founded BY Christians, mostly, and absolutely Christianity has influenced our nation from the very beginning; but we are NOT a Christian nation.
    Actually we are for all practical purposes. For three fourths our adult population hails as Christian.
    Christianity is by far the dominant religion in our culture. A nation is more its people than it is its government. With that in mind we are a Christian nation. I admit that MANY of the CHRISTIANS need to do better in their faith but that is a church matter not a national one.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually we are for all practical purposes. For three fourths our adult population hails as Christian.
    Christianity is by far the dominant religion in our culture. A nation is more its people than it is its government. With that in mind we are a Christian nation. I admit that MANY of the CHRISTIANS need to do better in their faith but that is a church matter not a national one.--Tyr
    I hear what you're saying, but when a person says a country is a Christian nation, Muslim nation whatever , they are referring to the government itself.

Yes, predominantly our populatin is Christian, but our government is about as far from a Christian government as one could get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I hear what you're saying, but when a person says a country is a Christian nation, Muslim nation whatever , they are referring to the government itself.

Yes, predominantly our populatin is Christian, but our government is about as far from a Christian government as one could get.
    We agree... --

Geeezz, for a second there I thought that we were going to be mortal religious enemies! --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We agree... --

Geeezz, for a second there I thought that we were going to be mortal religious enemies! --Tyr

I only have time for one mortal enemy on this board and OCA has that job full time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I only have time for one mortal enemy on this board and OCA has that job full time.
    Good because it wasnt an invite amigo.
    You strike me as being much like me when I was a young man--full of piss and vinegar!
    Not that there is anything wrong with that mind you but if ones wanting honey from tha ladies
    piss and vinegar ain't the way to go.
    I learned that at about 19 ..
    The only azz worth kissing is on a fine sexy lady thats willing to be very nice in return!--
    You may already know that but for the education of other young uninformed guys that may be here I thought it worth spitting out there. As this old dog has been around the block a few hunded times..--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good because it wasnt an invite amigo.
    You strike me as being much like me when I was a young man--full of piss and vinegar!
    Not that there is anything wrong with that mind you but if ones wanting honey from tha ladies
    piss and vinegar ain't the way to go.
    I learned that at about 19 ..
    The only azz worth kissing is on a fine sexy lady thats willing to be very nice in return!--
    You may already know that but for the education of other young uninformed guys that may be here I thought it worth spitting out there. As this old dog has been around the block a few hunded times..--Tyr
    I'm 41 and married to a fine 27 year old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Tyr,

We both know that you are not ignorant but so that there is no confusion as to which poster needs to read and learn I'd like to address the statement below:

"Do a little research into when In God We Trust came into being and you'll see the FOUNDERS had nothing to do with it."

You sir, seem to posses the same "higher than thou" mentality of the so-called leftist/elitist which only confirms that THEY professed themselves to be wise..." OK, we all know the rest so I'm not going to bring up a Biblical point here for this topic....although it does have something to do with the state that this Christian Nation is in.

Many of today's society lack education and confuse their education with what they actually received...indoctrination, which is why I'm doing my best to be civil but after the above display and attempt to make another poster look ignorant, simply because they have a firm grip on the REAL America and what she has stood for all these years, I felt the need to explain something to the more simple minded among us. Mr. Tyr knows darn well when that phrase appeared on our bills and coins and most other places of prominence. What he also knows is that there is a phrase in our earliest of documents that our founding fathers declared with purpose and importance. They knew full well that our independence depended upon it so they set the foundation that this great Christian Nation lives by to this very day. It is also the foundation that those of the left seek to destroy (our core). I suggest, SIR, that you read up on those very early documents and try not to read something else into them. You can start by trying to get around this phrase "...by our Creator." Our founding fathers knew that Christ provided freedom (gov takes away freedom). Gov. didn't give us the right to buy, carry and use firearms and it certainly doesn't mean that gov. needs to be protected FROM religion. Any yahoo knows why most people of many faiths came here and made such a journey....because someone across the big pond was mandating how they worshiped. Well, I'm sure this has fallen on deaf ears, thick head and a hard heart so I'll close with an address to my friend.

Good post Tyr...your are spot on in your analysis regarding the leftist using islam and ultimately being destroyed by this freedom-less religion of FORCE...why the word islam itself explains this perfectly. THEY used Hitler and thought he could be controlled and we seem to be repeating history. The current occupier in the White House is using the same tactics of division and blame.
    Tyr wrote:
    IN GOD WE TRUST, should be a major clue that our founders never intended it to be freedom-FROM- religion!
    Since the FOUNDERS weren't the ones who came up with the phrase, why would anyone claim it proves the intent of the FOUNDERS? Better yet, why would anyone defend such a claim?
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Tyr wrote:

Since the FOUNDERS weren't the ones who came up with the phrase, why would anyone claim it proves the intent of the FOUNDERS? Better yet, why would anyone defend such a claim?
    Amigo you'll never get up early enough to slay me.
    My comment had nothing to do with saying the motto -In God We Trust- came from the Founders.
    Rather I have and will again point out that the signers of the Declaration of Independence did EXPLICITLY
    SAY directly to King George that the "Our Creator" gave us those Rights ! With that declaration they pointed Directly To God and declared God to be the Higher Authority which THEY recognised! If thats not the spirit of -In God We Trust-- nothing is! The spirit came before the motto...From that spirit the motto was termed..
    I have always defended and always will.--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I'm 41 and married to a fine 27 year old.
    Bro' I got ya there too. I'm 58 married to a 31 year old very beautiful filipina lady. Been married to her for 7 years now..
    She was 24 and I was 51 when we married ... Appears I was right about you being full of piss and vinegar and right that you remind me of a younger me..
    Which is by no means an insult rather just the opposite..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amigo you'll never get up early enough to slay me.
    My comment had nothing to do with saying the motto -In God We Trust- came from the Founders.
    Rather I have and will again point out that the signers of the Declaration of Independence did EXPLICITLY
    SAY directly to King George that the "Our Creator" gave us those Rights ! With that declaration they pointed Directly To God and declared God to be the Higher Authority which THEY recognised! If thats not the spirit of -In God We Trust-- nothing is! The spirit came before the motto...From that spirit the motto was termed..
    I have always defended and always will.--Tyr
    Our Creator did not explicitly refer to the Christian God; you have to acknowledge that is true. Contrast that with "In God We Trust" which SPECIFICALLY referred to the Christian God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First, I am quite knowedgable in history my friend. THEY ACTUALLY TAUGHT HISTORY BACK WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL OVER 40 YEARS AGO. We were taught the founding of this great nation and the Constitution as well. Guess what?
    We were taught the reasons for and meaning of the Declaration of Independence too. Our founding document, greatest governing document ever written by man (Constitution) was predated by the Declaration as you may well know. Our Creator was the central point in their message to King George (POINTING TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY THEY DID RECOGNISE) and that reveals the importance that they placed in religion and God . For with these words of wisdom they set the tone for how they thought free men should live and why they refused to be enslaved by the authority of a human King.
    "We hold these truths to be self evident , that all men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
    Sir, that pretty much sums up the reason for and the history of this great nation since its birth.

The founders risked their ALL to create a nation based upon those stated GOD-GIVEN rights.
    They did indeed strive to also give religious freedom to others and mandated that that our government should not ever become a theocracy!
    That does not make our nation not a Christian nation it surely makes our government not ONE!
    FOR THE PEOPLE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE AND MY PREVIOUS POST HIGHLIGHTED A FEW FACTS THAT POINTED TO THAT CHOICE.
    Now maybe your suggestion that I educate myself was indeed not intended as a slight but NOT KNOWING YOU I HAVE NO WAY TO BE SURE OF THAT.
    In the future please bear in mind that I am not a fool nor am I an uneducated man.
    Your kind attention to detail in this matter will be appropriately appreciated.--Tyr
    If you'd have said that "by our Creator" was proof that the Founders didn't believe in freedom from religion, you'd have still been wrong, but at least historically relevant.

As for what they created, I submit that they intentionally created a secular government with the intent of allowing every individual to live according to their own conscience. I offer as evidence the LACK of any reference to God or Christ in the Constitution.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you'd have said that "by our Creator" was proof that the Founders didn't believe in freedom from religion, you'd have still been wrong, but at least historically relevant.

As for what they created, I submit that they intentionally created a secular government with the intent of allowing every individual to live according to their own conscience. I offer as evidence the LACK of any reference to God or Christ in the Constitution.
    I SORT of disagree with you MM. I think they certainly DID found this nation as a a Godly nation but they didn't intend for us to be a theocracy and that is why we see God mentioned in other government documents , but not the COTUS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think they certainly DID found this nation as a a Godly nation
    Please post some specific examples of the provisions of our government that accomplish this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Actually they put forth freedom of choice, that is freedom religion. Of course it was not their intention to mandate even Christian faith therby referencing the Christian God for that would be counter to their express wishes of freedom to choose. Freedom to choose means the right to choose no god, a god or even any god but not the right to have the government promote any one select religion or God. Choice dictated the lack of God references in the CONSTITUTION but it also insured the right of the people to so chose and with that went the influence that choice would make it how they chose thier elected officials and how the nation would be governed. The founders were not ignorant of cause and effect. With that in mind the intent was freedom (of) religion and not freedom (from) religion. For freedom (from) religion can only be attained one way and that is by outlawing its very existence! Thier culture already had Christianity as its primary religion and they wanted to insure its right to exist without giving it the right to rule government or eventually create a theocracy. They were indeed very brilliant men..-Tyr