Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Beaten for being "creepy"

I have walked a mile in this guy's shoes. I can tell you women and blacks are the worst offenders from personal experience. D.T.A. : Don't trust anybody. Tell me "creepy" isn't a "girl word". Much of society thinks they are better than the assaultants just because they find non-criminal ways to be abusive.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/0...to-learn-from/

I hope this kid learns how to live by brute legal force and how to get what one needs from society without asking.

Cortnie shared a series of photos with her post, featuring Gavin with a swollen, bruised face that she said was the aftermath of a group of kids talking about how it was "'weird' that Gavin is always by himself, attending events alone and watching people, and it was 'creepy' how he wanted to be friends with people he didn’t know.”
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Interesting that this kid chose to send a message to teach them instead of bringing harm to them via courts. He's a better man than I am.

---

Gavin Stone, an Illinois teen who was diagnosed with the disorders as a child, has difficulty with everyday interactions and tends to keep himself isolated, his according to a June 30 Facebook post by his mother, Cortnie,who added that her son can sometimes unintentionally appear rude, impatient, “weird,” detached or uninterested.

Cortnie shared a series of photos with her post, featuring Gavin with a swollen, bruised face that she said was the aftermath of a group of kids talking about how it was "'weird' that Gavin is always by himself, attending events alone and watching people, and it was 'creepy' how he wanted to be friends with people he didn’t know.”

“On Friday night, another kid that overheard that conversation decided to take matters into his own hands and become judge and jury, and this is the result of that,” Cortnie posted. “He didn’t ask questions, didn’t get to know Gavin, never met him, and didn’t give him a chance to leave. He was called to meet someone, surrounded by people he didn’t know, choked, punched, and left laying [SIC] on the pavement so he would ‘learn his lesson.’”

According to the post, Gavin sustained a mild concussion, a bruised esophagus, a fracture at the tip of his nose and a hematoma in his eye. He did not press charges but rather is requesting the suspects, who were not identified in the post, perform community service related to the disabled. Gavin also requests they write a paper on Asperger’s syndrome, and watch a recorded statement he taped about the assault with their families.

“I am so proud of him, and I hope a lesson will come of this to all that hear about it,” Cortnie posted.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks LongTermGuy, PixieStix, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Welcome to life.
    "Creepy" is perhaps the most popular word used in middle school. In you are an adolescent female, most boys are "creepy." Anyone different is "creepy."

You battle being called "creepy" by proving you are not. You interact with people and try to avoid acting "creepy." If someone tries to bully you for being "creepy," you stand up for yourself.
    You do not whine and act like you are special. That is creepy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Welcome to life.
    "Creepy" is perhaps the most popular word used in middle school. In you are an adolescent female, most boys are "creepy." Anyone different is "creepy."

You battle being called "creepy" by proving you are not. You interact with people and try to avoid acting "creepy." If someone tries to bully you for being "creepy," you stand up for yourself.
    I have to answer this.

Getting beat up is just part of life to you?

Why should ANYONE have to "prove" they are not creepy? Why can't they just be left alone? If someone is being bullied, why should they have to stick up for themselves? What if someone is disabled?

And you consider what this kid did to be whining and acting like he's special? He let them off of pressing charges. He would like them to be educated about Aspergers. That's creepy to you?

I sure as fuck am glad that my kid would NEVER interact with you at ANY school as someone who helps the students. Or so you say that's what you do. You teach disabled kids to fight back, instead of seeking a teacher or administration? You REALLY expect someone who is disabled to "stand up for yourself"? And if a disabled person has the ever loving shit kicked out of him, and would like those who assaulted him to learn - you call that whining? What would you do, counselor, tell the disabled person to suck it up and get over it, to stop whining?

YOU being able to interact with children of any capacity within a school district is what's creepy, based on your own comments.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Liberals sicken me....which is why gabstoomuch is permanently banned from my screen. Would be best if everyone ignored "IT" because I can't recall one decent post from "IT" and that one Jim quoted from "IT" most certainly is one of the worse that NT can add to this thing's list of stupid, hateful and down-right evil comments. It's quote wasn't worth reading.....but Jim's reply most certainly was. THANKS!!!

Liberals and homosexuals are "CREEPY" and I wish we were rid of ALL of them. Perhaps their beloved iSLUM (AFTER THE LIBERALS & HOMOS have handed the reigns over to this cult of evil), will one day wipe them from the face of the earth.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

7. Thanks LongTermGuy, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

For clarification, the person who started this thread has Aspergers. The 2nd person to post in this thread has a son with Aspergers. The severity level of each doesn't matter. What matters is that Gabby knows this very well. She feels they should interact with others in order not to look creepy, her own words in this thread. The biggest hurdle for those with Aspergers is the social hurdles, dealing with others, interaction, understanding others. Kinda dismissive to point at someone with Aspergers and tell them to interact with others in order to not look creepy. Quite frankly, probably shouldn't say shit like that to kids without such issues either, but maybe that's just me.

But the kind of attitude you see above, apparently from a public school worker? One of the main reasons that we put my son in a private school, as the public schools sucked and couldn't care less about Jordan, or dealing with any bullying from other kids. The "counselors" were dismissive, just as above, and we had to fight tooth and nail just to get return phone calls. The only thing I ever saw in public school WERE some decent teachers. I saw some that really, really cared and helped kids learn. Some not so much. But the guidance counselors and administration suck. We may be paying an awfully lot for his education now in a private school, but he gets extreme attention and assistance from the guidance counselors and life coaches, and the teachers are beyond awesome. He is the only kid in the school that takes Mandarin for 2 years running now, and they literally brought someone in to have a class for him 3x per week, just for him.

Maybe had he stayed where he was, they may have told him "You do not whine and act like you are special".

9. Thanks red state, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Welcome to life.

I don't give a crap about being creepy; I care about getting PAID.

Where the young man in the story went wrong was neglecting to file criminal charges before it got anywhere near this stage.

I appreciate Gabby's candid reply. It serves as a reminder that I'm on the right track. D.T.A. I remember having a "don't mess with me attitude" landlady that didn't hesitate to raid people's deposits she didn't like. I sent my move out notice via certified mail. The owner of the property management company called me and asked why the letter "had the tone of a divorce decree" (his words). I told him about his nasty property manager and how it would give me joy to drag her into court. He saw to it that I got every penny of my deposit back. Another trick I use with those kind of people is keep a folder of technical building code violations and turn those into formal complaints with the building inspector about two months before I move out. If things go to court, I use the violations to accuse the property manager of being a "slumlord'. With people like Gabby in the world, brute force is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I sure as fuck am glad that my kid would NEVER interact with you at ANY school as someone who helps the students. Or so you say that's what you do. You teach disabled kids to fight back, instead of seeking a teacher or administration? You REALLY expect someone who is disabled to "stand up for yourself"? And if a disabled person has the ever loving shit kicked out of him, and would like those who assaulted him to learn - you call that whining? What would you do, counselor, tell the disabled person to suck it up and get over it, to stop whining?

YOU being able to interact with children of any capacity within a school district is what's creepy, based on your own comments.
    I would be happy to let the likes of Gabs interact with my sons. They would enjoy having new cars when they turn 16 and having a nice college fund at her expense.
    Last edited by tailfins; 07-08-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I wasn't referring to anyone on this board. Or the person in the story. I was attempting to explain the general usage of the word "creepy."
    Adults don't generally use the word "creepy." Except maybe when discussing creepy crawly insects. Like spiders.

Tailfins, my daughter would love to interact with your kids. Depending on what age they are. But she genuinely likes anyone who can put up with her. If you kids can deal with a sarcastic and outspoken budding environmental activist, feel free to come by.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For clarification, the person who started this thread has Aspergers. The 2nd person to post in this thread has a son with Aspergers. The severity level of each doesn't matter. What matters is that Gabby knows this very well. She feels they should interact with others in order not to look creepy, her own words in this thread. The biggest hurdle for those with Aspergers is the social hurdles, dealing with others, interaction, understanding others. Kinda dismissive to point at someone with Aspergers and tell them to interact with others in order to not look creepy. Quite frankly, probably shouldn't say shit like that to kids without such issues either, but maybe that's just me.

But the kind of attitude you see above, apparently from a public school worker? One of the main reasons that we put my son in a private school, as the public schools sucked and couldn't care less about Jordan, or dealing with any bullying from other kids. The "counselors" were dismissive, just as above, and we had to fight tooth and nail just to get return phone calls. The only thing I ever saw in public school WERE some decent teachers. I saw some that really, really cared and helped kids learn. Some not so much. But the guidance counselors and administration suck. We may be paying an awfully lot for his education now in a private school, but he gets extreme attention and assistance from the guidance counselors and life coaches, and the teachers are beyond awesome. He is the only kid in the school that takes Mandarin for 2 years running now, and they literally brought someone in to have a class for him 3x per week, just for him.

Maybe had he stayed where he was, they may have told him "You do not whine and act like you are special".
    Jim, you couldn't be more correct. We home schooled our kids until they wanted to play sports. At the time, you had to attend school to receive books and play sports. I never understood why I had to buy books or why my kids couldn't play sports when I KNOW I paid more in property taxes than the average bear. I'm glad they changed all of this but the facts remain that public education (or should I say public programming) is rotten to the core.

I agree that there are SOME good teachers and that the counselors are few and far between. In my district, the counselor goes out of her way to see that 'non-white' students get as many scholarships and aids leaving the white student to fend for themselves. My daughter is prime example of this and had we not contacted colleges ourselves, would have missed out on much because we discovered EXACTLY what I accused our counselor of. Ultimately, my daughter has received a $30k+ scholarship that otherwise would have gone to another quality student (or a not-so-quality student of a lighter skin tone.

In closing, my kids learned more of what they know from home.....not school and when they first started public school it was feared that they were so advanced that they'd begin to falter. As a solution to prevent boredom, they literally assisted the teacher in actually TEACHING. Wow, Smart, Conservative, Good Looking and SKILLED to Shoot, hunt, fish and SURVIVE, one would think that conservatives are a superior race....most certainly "conditioned" to be superior to the hand-out, hate-filled crowd that make up the left.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

13. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Welcome to life.

I wasn't referring to anyone on this board. Or the person in the story. I was attempting to explain the general usage of the word "creepy."
    Adults don't generally use the word "creepy." Except maybe when discussing creepy crawly insects. Like spiders.

Tailfins, my daughter would love to interact with your kids. Depending on what age they are. But she genuinely likes anyone who can put up with her. If you kids can deal with a sarcastic and outspoken budding environmental activist, feel free to come by.
    Whether someone on this board or not - how do you expect a disabled person to PROVE they are not what an IDIOT thinks of them? Seriously, if a student was told this by several other students, your advice would be to tell them to prove they are not? Why can't they live as they are? Maybe the issue is with the OTHERS not leaving the kid alone?

Why would someone who has Aspergers be forced to interact with others in order to "avoid acting creepy"? So, to you, if a kid with Aspergers walks alone, or eats alone, that's considered creepy? What if that person has serious issues meeting and talking with other people around them? You tell them how to do it, so that they "don't look creepy"?

And when a bully picks on such a kid? Your initial advice is to stand up for yourself? Wouldn't the first move to be "go to a teacher"? Perhaps "go to administrator"? Sometimes when kids are unable to stand up for themselves, they end up looking like the kid in the picture above.

And the whining and acting like you're special part, that one fully eludes me. For starters, I saw NOTHING in this entire story that would have made someone think or say that, as this kid certainly didn't whine or think he's special, seemed the opposite to me. But to think that ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY kid that has that type of disability, is in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, "whining" or "acting like he/she is special" is ridiculous and insulting. Aspergers folks generally just want to be left the F alone. Granted, that can cause issues with them blending in and getting lost, but it's the complete opposite of whining and thinking they are somehow special.

Seriously, even in a general roundabout kinda nutty way - do you even come remotely in the same universe of this as far as helping kids in school is concerned? I'm baffled that someone dealing with kids would then turn around and post 100000000000000000000000000000% opposite crap of what they SHOULD be talking to such kids about.

And it's ALWAYS "my daughter, my daughter my daughter my daughter my daughter". Yeah, sure, I get it. But it's not a get out of jail free card whenever you talk like an asshole. I talked to my son who has Aspergers as well, and he was well said he would love to chill with Tailfins and the kids. He said you sound like a mean spirited lying bitch.

15. Thanks red state, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

To stand up for yourself? Wouldn't the first move to be "go to a teacher"? Perhaps "go to administrator"? Sometimes when kids are unable to stand up for themselves, they end up looking like the kid in the picture above.
    Sheeeeeeeeeeet! Teacher? Administrator? Call the cops and file criminal charges as soon as it gets to the misdemeanor harassment stage.

17. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

.... you're.... a mean spirited lying bitch.
    Sadly, Jim, the left accuse us of not being tolerant or passive when, in fact, it is they who force the hand. I know of homosexual students (who thought they were homosexual) make a big kaBAnG! over prom night when they had been left alone throughout the school year but THEY, like the one (the FEW) who are "offended" at a football game where they still pray for the player's safety strive to make trouble for the majority.

Wouldn't it be nice if THEY left others alone (to protect themselves or simply enjoy hunting/fishing......or simply BUTT out?! And what about more homo-weirdos start learning how to bake a freakin' cake and leave those poor bastages trying to make a living alone?!
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

19. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Sadly, Jim, the left accuse us of not being tolerant or passive when, in fact, it is they who force the hand. I know of homosexual students (who thought they were homosexual) make a big kaBAnG! over prom night when they had been left alone throughout the school year but THEY, like the one (the FEW) who are "offended" at a football game where they still pray for the player's safety strive to make trouble for the majority.

Wouldn't it be nice if THEY left others alone (to protect themselves or simply enjoy hunting/fishing......or simply BUTT out?! And what about more homo-weirdos start learning how to bake a freakin' cake and leave those poor bastages trying to make a living alone?!
    The "tolerance" that they scream about is downright hilarious. We hear liberals screaming such almost on a daily basis. But when others ask for tolerance, or seek tolerance for their beliefs and such - it's all out the window suddenly.

The "tolerance" from the left is literally despicable. And so many have now lead such a life being taught by their leaders - to where they now BELIEVE they are ENTITLED to others tolerating their beliefs AND they truly believe they need not be tolerant of things they don't have similar beliefs about. The hypocrisy is the size of the moon, and they fail to see it.

21. Thanks red state, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Things are definitely changing for the WORSE/LEFT/WRONG but at least the South has yet to be COMPLETELY overrun with THEIR filth! For now, they simply know that we don't take that $#!T sitting down. With the Feds trumping everything (including Arkansas's abortion bill), the cake thing and now the marriage perversion.....it is only a matter of time before the straw breaks the camel's back (or till the head of the snake is choked off). For now, we are still the lil' quiet frog, patiently sitting and frying in the slowly heated skillet.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

23. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Things are definitely changing for the WORSE/LEFT/WRONG but at least the South has yet to be COMPLETELY overrun with THEIR filth! For now, they simply know that we don't take that $#!T sitting down. With the Feds trumping everything (including Arkansas's abortion bill), the cake thing and now the marriage perversion.....it is only a matter of time before the straw breaks the camel's back (or till the head of the snake is choked off). For now, we are still the lil' quiet frog, patiently sitting and frying in the slowly heated skillet.
    No way, hoss. I ain't frying for anybody.
    I have two hands , fine mind and know how to shoot with the best of them.
    If a civil war does break out , the lying liberal scum had all best fear me.
    No brag just a solid gold fact!!! -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

25. Thanks red state thanked this post