Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
My point exactly. If there is one thing I am absolutely sick of, above all else, it is the way liberals and Democrats walk around pretending that Bush is the only one to blame. Why? Because he is the only one not yelling for us to pull out? Because he wants to stay until Iraq gets it shit together? The old "We broke it, we have to fix it" doctrine. Well guess what? It's true. Iraq is fucked up, if we should have gone in at all it should have waited until we hoisted bin Laden's into the air at the end of a wooden pike. But our government didn't do that, now Iraq is a mess and like it or not it our fault, America's. To leave now, the way things are, would do nothing but undermine even further our already diminishing stature around the globe. You think we're not respected now? Just imagine how we would be percieved if we abandoned Iraq now. It's a mess, it's our mess, not for one second should any Democrat or liberal pretend that Bush could have sent troops into Iraq without the explicit approval of members of Congress from both parties. Hindsight being what it is, I'm sure everyone, and I mean everyone would have done some things differently.

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."
Knowing what I know now I would have done exactly what I said we should do when we got into this, and I am on record at USMB with this. We should have invaded just like we did, as Iran was a major antagonist in the WOT. After we invaded, we should have broken the country up into three autonomous regions by ethnicity, tied together with a weak federal system that distributes the oil money based on the population percentages that existed then. I would also have a permanent air base which to protect our interests as well as deter Iran and Syria from messing with our allies in the region.