Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default 'Free' Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...-10-charges/2/

Promising ‘Free Windows 10′ then delivering ’Freemium-Windows-10-Get-Your-Credit-Cards-Out-In-Two-Years’ would be a disaster and right now Microsoft’s ongoing silence about how everything works feels ever more suspicious.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Microsoft are so behind the curve on this already, and if they peg themselves back some more as 'freemium'? XD
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Took me a long time to get rid of that stupid icon trying to trick me into upgrading. I've been good ever since. Then I wake up this morning and that little bastard was back again!! I had to do it again, killing process, deleting folders, uninstalling an update and hiding and all that other crap. I love Windows most of the time, but I wouldn't mind punching the guy in the face that thought this was a good idea to FORCE on Windows users.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I wish I could downgrade to windows 7. I hate windows 8. Looked into windows 10 and decided I would hate it worse than windows 8
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    I wish I could downgrade to windows 7. I hate windows 8. Looked into windows 10 and decided I would hate it worse than windows 8
    I have an add-on that makes Win 8 look and behave like Win 7... works very well.

I'm going to be the guinea pig around here and take the Win 10 plunge. It's all set to download when MS releases it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

7. Thanks PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I have an add-on that makes Win 8 look and behave like Win 7... works very well.

I'm going to be the guinea pig around here and take the Win 10 plunge. It's all set to download when MS releases it.
    I did download an add-on that makes the start menu look like windows 7. At least I can find my music and pics.

Let us know what you think
    Last edited by PixieStix; 07-10-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    I did download an add-on that makes the start menu look like windows 7. At least I can find my music and pics.

Let us know what you think
    This is the one I use : http://www.iobit.com/en/iobitstartmenu8.php#

And, yeah... hope it goes smoothly for me. I talked to the salesman at Best Buy when I bought this laptop about Win 10, and he said he's been using it for a few months now and he loved it. This guy was pretty savvy about computers, so I'm taking his word for it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I'm staying with Windows 7 until they come and pry it out of my hands, for now. I'll toy around with 10 when it comes out, but if it's even remotely like 8, I want no part of it. They wanted to make 8 look like a damn cell phone, when it's not. I saw a few things useful if you have a touchscreen, but nothing else. My Dad has 8 and makes it look and behave like 7 too. Shit, I'll stick with 7. It's much easier to make it look like 7 that way!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock