Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default The Happiest Moments In Your Life

I just came up with an idea I think everyone would love. How about sharing with the community the happiest moments in our life? I think it could be refreshing.

I was thinking my happiest two moments were when I married my wife and when my baby was born, I mean, when I first saw him. He moved the earth bellow my feet. It was incredible, almost like a real miracle.

To help others "see" some of our best moments on this earth, I think it would be cool if we share a picture or a video whenever it's possible. I have a video of our marriage and a few pictures taken the day my baby was born. However, I happen to have a compilation of the best time in my life, ranging from when I met my wife and we were boyfriends until the first months of my baby and I want to share it with you all.

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H52HqXBpfC0?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.4799995422363px; line-height: 17.4720001220703px; background-color: rgb(231, 234, 239);"></iframe>

I hope you like our love story. Feel free to share!

2. Thanks Kathianne, tailfins, LongTermGuy, Balu, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
    I just came up with an idea I think everyone would love. How about sharing with the community the happiest moments in our life? I think it could be refreshing.

I was thinking my happiest two moments were when I married my wife and when my baby was born, I mean, when I first saw him. He moved the earth bellow my feet. It was incredible, almost like a real miracle.

To help others "see" some of our best moments on this earth, I think it would be cool if we share a picture or a video whenever it's possible. I have a video of our marriage and a few pictures taken the day my baby was born. However, I happen to have a compilation of the best time in my life, ranging from when I met my wife and we were boyfriends until the first months of my baby and I want to share it with you all.

I hope you like our love story. Feel free to share!
    You are truly blessed. I bet she treats you like a king. I especially admire how you've built a happy life in a place as difficult as Venezuela. I double admire how you do it without being a Maduro "come-mierda".
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, and yes, we are very poor but still happy, not thanks to the government tho (we ranked as the number one country with more misery world wide in 2013).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

That was very nice! The baby is adorable! Babies come first, your wife is really pretty too and you are not bad.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, anyway, the idea was that everyone could contribute by sharing beautiful experiences, if possible with images or something, but it's not a request. So, anyone besides me interested in sharing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

​Very nice...thanks for "Nice" share....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Thanks, anyway, the idea was that everyone could contribute by sharing beautiful experiences, if possible with images or something, but it's not a request. So, anyone besides me interested in sharing?
    I don't want to post anything that would identify me in case I want to go on a shooting spree in a movie theater. That dude over at USMB screwed up big time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nevermind that, tell your story!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Nevermind that, tell your story!
    As a little teaser, when I met my wife, I told her that those who don't put out on the first date don't get a second date from me.

11. Thanks Augusto thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hahaha, okay, go on...!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I don't want to post anything that would identify me in case I want to go on a shooting spree in a movie theater.
    Do you think in any possible context that this is appropriate to say??

THIS IS A TEST OF THE TAILFINS BOARD TROLLING SYSTEM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Thank you, Augusto, for your touching clip.
    Be happy with your charming wife the rest of your life, as you are there in your clip.
    Last edited by Balu; 07-27-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

15. Thanks Augusto thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

For me, it was the birth of my daughter.

17. Thanks Augusto, NightTrain, PixieStix thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I can't say I have more than a couple.

This was one - it's the FB post I put up for my daughter's bday a few weeks ago

Today's my daughter's Birthday. Holy cow. Here's the story - because I want folks to know how special she is among people. smile emoticon

In the late hours of 25 June, sleep enveloped me without objection.
    Approaching midnight Mary called to me. Mary’s water broke the date you were due to arrive. Punctuality runs deep in your bones.

Arriving at Madigan Army Medical Center we were admitted without fuss – initial examination confirmed Mary was in labor. Wheeling your mom into a room, I nervously stood by, making conversation with whomever stopped in. Chief among my topics was the history Mary’s family created with very-rapid deliveries. As Mary lay with epidural installed into her lower back, the pain and discomfort changed to feelings of pressure. An hourly exam, about 0530 showed mary about half way to the point of delivery. Mary’s doctor and a colleague looked mary over. The colleague doctor looked up and said “She’s at 5cm, so probably another 4 or 5 hours”.

I protested “Doctor – women in her family…they deliver really quickly”

The doctor seemed a little insulted and told me he’d been a doctor for
    years and was very experienced in the stages of labor. I was encouraged to sit, relax and just be there if Mary needed anything.

I did what any expectant father would do in this situation – I went back to sleep.

“Darin…” Mary said softly “Darin – can you get the nurse? I think I have
    to use the bathroom. So much pressure”.

I awoke and called for a nurse. Looking up at the clock I saw it was about 6:08am.

The nurse came in, and we mentioned mary’s pressure to her. As procedure the nurse did a quick exam.

What followed was a whirlwind of scrubs, legs, face masks, shields gloves and stethoscopes. Mary’s Doctor rushed into the room upon a call from help from the nurse. The doctor told everyone the delivery is going to happen right here – not the normal delivery room. Everyone sprang into action “Dad!” the doctor said “Grab a leg!!”

With Mary’s right leg pressed up against my shoulder (as an aside, I did NOT put this on Facebook, but I thought to myself "Hmm..this is a little like how the baby got in there in the first place...-dmp) – and a nurse holding the opposite leg – the doctor began giving Mary instructions about pushing and breathing. What happened in the next few minutes changed me from the core for several reasons. As Mary followed the doctor’s instructions, I began to see a very dark-skinned head emerge. Honest to God for about forty-three seconds I was petrified. My resounding thought was “Me and Mary are going to have to TALK…”

Two more pushes and the dark skinned baby’s head gave way to a little Caucasian forehead under what was SUPER thick black hair, matted and glossy from the fluids and all that. Breathing a sigh of relief, and probably not more than a half-dozen pushes later I saw the whole you in the arms of the doctor. After cutting the umbilical cord you were introduced to Mary and me. You cried. Your bottom lip was curled way down and your mouth agape as you belted out a tune. I didn’t want to stop touching you. Your little crazy head with your huge crazy hair-do. Your little fingers. Your precious little nose. Everything was perfect and less than an hour after the “Four or Five hours!” statement from the associate doctor, you were officially a part of the outside world.

Now, I’m unsure if the planet realized what happened that morning 16 years ago. You were one baby of probably millions born 26 Jun of that year. I promise you however, the world WILL know you because of the impact you have within mankind. The world tilts a little bit because of your power, Alaina. Humanity is measurably better from the influence of your perspective, the laughter of your wit, and the softness of your heart. I’d wish you “Happy Birthday” and I hope your day is indeed Happy but more than Happy I wish you Joy; I wish you discipline; I wish you wisdom – and the strength to get through the hard-way lessons one must take in order to get wisdom; I wish you grace; I wish you perspective – and yes, the strength to get through the hard-way lessons one must take in order to gain perspective.

I love you more than the stars and the moon.

Dad.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

19. Thanks Augusto, NightTrain, NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why did you do that? This thread was mean to be a nice place to say nice things. Why did you come and post a grotesque picture of a corpse? I don't even see the context...