Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    The usual false witness.

Check the start date and repent.

Oh, wait. One has to be a man to repent.
    Nice. So if you aren't Augusto, do you know him/her from other forums or will you swear this is your first meeting?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Max R. View Post
    Nice. So if you aren't Augusto, do you know him/her from other forums or will you swear this is your first meeting?
    Now THAT'S an intriguing question. However, I thought inviting friends and building the board membership roster was encouraged.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is only one topic regarding religion. I created several since I came here, all of them on different topics. It just happens that this one topic seems huge to you. That's all.

I actually like people. I'm an optimistic and caring human being. Talking against religion is a duty for me. A quick google search would easily show you how religion is easily the biggest (institutional) problem for humanity.

Here's an easy link I found in less than one minute: http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

If you think about it. I'm simply a guy who actually wants the world to be a better place. If you allow me to show you, I can really show you thousands of things regarding every single religion and its effects on individuals and societies. Religion is really a cancer, so there is nothing wrong with trying to influence a better world for our sons. I'm sure you can understand that.

As not being influenced, I was a christian for some time. I know what religion feels like.

Jesus, as far as I can see, was a guy with a strong and magnetic personality. I asume he was pretty much like Charles Mason.

You really are making many questions. I am a very open person and have no problem in answer with honesty anything you ask me. However, I would recommend you to narrow your list of subjects, so I can give you deeper answers. This is because I'm suspecting this questions would lead you to more questions.

Right now I'm very curious about you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
    This is only one topic regarding religion. I created several since I came here, all of them on different topics. It just happens that this one topic seems huge to you. That's all.

I actually like people. I'm an optimistic and caring human being. Talking against religion is a duty for me. A quick google search would easily show you how religion is easily the biggest (institutional) problem for humanity.

Here's an easy link I found in less than one minute: http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

If you think about it. I'm simply a guy who actually wants the world to be a better place. If you allow me to show you, I can really show you thousands of things regarding every single religion and its effects on individuals and societies. Religion is really a cancer, so there is nothing wrong with trying to influence a better world for our sons. I'm sure you can understand that.

As not being influenced, I was a christian for some time. I know what religion feels like.

Jesus, as far as I can see, was a guy with a strong and magnetic personality. I asume he was pretty much like Charles Mason.

You really are making many questions. I am a very open person and have no problem in answer with honesty anything you ask me. However, I would recommend you to narrow your list of subjects, so I can give you deeper answers. This is because I'm suspecting this questions would lead you to more questions.

Right now I'm very curious about you.

thanks for the reply.

I'll just ask one more here but i may not be back for a few days, work.
    You say you were a Christian for some time.
    Please define what you understand/understod to be "Christian".

But at this point it sounds like maybe you're a follower of Dawkins, Hitchens and Sam Harris and the like.
    the way they sometimes write about religion being a base evil is much like the way the communist write against capitalism and bourgeoisie. It's hyperbolic and wrong headed in a blind overarching way.
    harris however has made some honest strides at least recognizing the limits of Atheism in the moral realm. And making distinctions Positive verses Negative religions that Hitchens didn't want to acknowledge and Dawkins seems unwilling to consider.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-27-2015 at 08:12 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's sort of boring for me to explain myself in this particular area. I don't see how this is relevant to the OP and I don't feel inclined to talk about me, much less after you just said you're leaving the discussion.

Your comment, when you start talking about atheism, does not make any sense. I could point out why but I rather leave the subject and wish you well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Drummond: I know there is a conexion to what we are talking here, but the medular subject here is discussing if religion is a mental illness, while your argument focuses in the existence of Jehovah. It's related but it's a very different kind of discussion.

I must insist that you create a different topic. If you win, I'll give you that religion cannot possibly be a mental illness.

Just know that you won't win.
    No - you're simply wrong. Until this moment, did I even mention Jehovah, or, limit the terms of my discussion to any one specific religion ? Surely, I spoke more generally, about the proof that's all around us that a God must've been responsible for Creation.

I get the impression that you're trying to disregard my argument not through direct means, but by trying to sidestep it entirely, attributing to it a context I didn't mention, and which cannot be reasonably, specifically, inferred. Now, whether or not you accept my argument is your business. I simply state that it stands as good evidence for the existence of a God, which in turn means that adherence to a religion which identifies WITH that God (.. or, tries to ..) is eminently sane.

It is surely more insane not to try ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

7. Thanks LongTermGuy, red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It's sort of boring for me to explain myself in this particular area. I don't see how this is relevant to the OP and I don't feel inclined to talk about me, much less after you just said you're leaving the discussion.

Your comment, when you start talking about atheism, does not make any sense. I could point out why but I rather leave the subject and wish you well.
    Well I took a bit of time explaining myself and my beliefs seems fair that you should do same.
    saying you think your nice guy is fine but your claim religion is an illness and don't want to give an outline of you background and IN religion as you understood it.

And it may seem boring to you but not me at all.

Not sure what part of my atheism comment doesn't make sense to you.
    I'll post a series of long times i've done elsewhere dealing with the morality bit though.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-27-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Revelarts: Too much explanations for someone who said "I'm leaving" and already started an agressive campaign against atheism... mmm... I was an evangelic chrsitian. What exactly do you want to know from that period?

Drummond: So, you say there might be "a god"... right? Okay, since revelarts is leaving I think we can discuss that over here. What attributes do you think this unknown god would necesarily have? I mean, how would you define this deity?

Also, by talking about an unknown god I assume you already admited Jehovah did not, does not and cannot exist. Correct? Or you want this god to be Jehovah?

By the way, you should do well in listening that part of you that tells you "God is not real" instead of fighting me, as if by doing so you could erase the newly arising scientific theories that say religion is a mental illness.

Think about it. I just posted a couple of videos.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Now THAT'S an intriguing question. However, I thought inviting friends and building the board membership roster was encouraged.
    It is, and should be, encouraged.

However, since Gnostic is a well known troll and since "dual accounts" are not allowed, it's a legitimate question.

11. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's an off topic question and a lazy attempt to discredit me.

It's okay tho, I understand. You are a christian and you feel threatened.

Yes, I know they guy from a different forum. He recommended me this place and I'm enjoying it so far.

Is there anything on topic you want to discuss? Because that's what I'm here for. I like discussing psychology, phylosophy and religion. Basically anything human related. I'm not particularly interested in politics tho.

Also, I'm not exclusively an anti-religious poster, and you can approach to me to discuss any subject or for a debate (I really love debating).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

What compels you to want to convert or "help" me?

1. Please tell me why would you'd waste your very short life on earth trying to convince anyone away from what you consider crazy ideas?
    3. Who do you think Jesus was/is?
    Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Max R. View Post
    Augusto gave you your answer but you should try to remember ----

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

It's an off topic question and a lazy attempt to discredit me.

It's okay tho, I understand. You are a christian and you feel threatened.

Yes, I know they guy from a different forum. He recommended me this place and I'm enjoying it so far.

Is there anything on topic you want to discuss? Because that's what I'm here for. I like discussing psychology, phylosophy and religion. Basically anything human related. I'm not particularly interested in politics tho.

Also, I'm not exclusively an anti-religious poster, and you can approach to me to discuss any subject or for a debate (I really love debating).

I love surviving. That's what I like to discuss. I'm basically ostracized from American society. I am however welcomed into Latino and Indian society, hence my fluency in Portuguese and decent knowledge of Spanish. My wife is from Brazil and my co-workers are from India. Even my landlord is from India. This generation of Americans have offered me NOTHING. I owe my family, my career, my livelihood to recent immigrants. While I'm grateful for what previous generations have made America, I despise this generation of Americans. My parents were raised during the Great Depression and taught excellent survival skills. I bet you have some awesome survival skills of your own.
    Last edited by tailfins; 07-28-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm just not the kind of guy you think I am. I am an intellectual person and a family guy. End of the story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I'm just not the kind of guy you think I am. I am an intellectual person and a family guy. End of the story.
    You keep a roof over your head and food on the table without being a Maduro bootlicker: That's a survivor.