Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
These two ideas sound more like video games than books.

When I was a senior in high school, my literature class required us to formulate an idea for a book project. We worked in pair, so of course I chose my best friend. Who is far more liberal than I am.

Our idea involved a sheltered only child who was home schooled by a single mom. His only outside activities involved the small religious cult that his mother belonged to. By the time he reached 21, he was quite handsome and intelligent. He also had remarkable oratory skills. The young man worked his way into modeling and eventually became TV and movie actor.
At the height of his popularity, he began running for public office. He was elected by large margins in city races and eventually became a state legislator. After a state's senior U.S. senator dies under mysterious circumstances, the man runs for that office and wins.
The National Party has been out of the White House for 12 years and needs a charismatic candidate. Our man is perfect for the job. He has no real opinions or policies and only a vague outline of his plans for the nation. But he is a master of oratory skills and his looks and charms spellbind the nation.
Despite questions about his background and intentions, the man wins a sweeping mandate.
It is only after the election that the nation realizes what a select few have known all along.
They have elected The Antichrist, and now his evil followers are in control.
Well Gabs, I suggest you write that book. Seems like a surefire winner, if the writer can fill in the meat of the story with captivation words, inspiration, suspense and imagination. Go for it... Tyr