Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default We Cry Over the Death of Cecil the Lion, But Shrug Off Planned Parenthood?

We Cry Over the Death of Cecil the Lion, But Shrug Off Planned Parenthood?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ned_parenthood
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I haven't followed this to any great extent but believe the dentist was probably conducting himself in a less than admirable way. I'm not, however, going to label him "this or that" without definite proof (unlike many in the media). I heard one account where ALL hunters were lumped in (regardless of fact and without sane reasoning). I will no longer support that commentator or apply respect to any such ignorant, hateful bias.

It could be that the high paying world traveling hunter is victim of shady guides but I will say this; the lion was NOT on preserve land and was legally "game" on the ground where the dentist was hunting. Lions seem to have a fantastic olfactory and was merely seeking the scent that the guides were using to draw in these fantastic predator/scavengers. If they weren't purposefully getting as close as they can, with the intent of luring this famous lion exclusively, then they were doing NOTHING wrong (other than not preparing for a night hunt, causing them the archer to place a very bad shot.

Hunters do much good all around the world and, as much as I hate to admit it, TEXAS leads in this by actually preserving species that are more abundant than the animal's nation/continent of origin.

PS: I don't listen to Rush....I'm more in tune with Lars Larson; Mark Levine is OK *(when not spouting off about how GREAT that SOB Lincoln was).
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

3. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

I agree with you, however about planned parenthood......we need to get our priorities RIGHT.

As for hunting lions.....I see that Rush, in ways, has it all wrong. Myself, I would have always wanted to go after the big cats with a archery equipment but I REFUSE to do so under the supervision or "PAYOFF" to guides as most times this is under less than "sportsman-like" conditions. I've seen well known hunters harvest elephants who became problematic and have even witnessed hunters who helped take out man-eating tigers that developed a preference for "Indian Cuisine". As for the photos of the dentist......he's successfully taken many big game animals and if done so under my preferred fair chase......then my hat is off to him. One can't make a perfect shot all of the time but I would like to learn more about the facts in this case and hopefully we'll get an un-biased account that we're not going to get from RUSH or that SOB that I mentioned earlier.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default The facts...

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/uns...enthood-video/

Not that the facts matter to most of the right wing-nut chuckleheads posting here. And citing Rush Limbaugh as a source on anything is like citing pond scum as a source on quantum mechanics.
    Last edited by bullypulpit; 07-30-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Here are some REAL facts from average, everyday AMERICANS:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...%20is%20murder

That which THEY destroy is NOT a chicken embryo or an untitled "mass".....it is, like most of us, a developing HUMAN being. The sad part is; most liberal scum stopped developing LONG ago (which is why they are dead inside and strive to spread their hatred and death to all of us at every turn.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN

8. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

Wonder how many threads we got on this? Melissa Milano would.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    I haven't followed this to any great extent but believe the dentist was probably conducting himself in a less than admirable way. I'm not, however, going to label him "this or that" without definite proof (unlike many in the media). I heard one account where ALL hunters were lumped in (regardless of fact and without sane reasoning). I will no longer support that commentator or apply respect to any such ignorant, hateful bias.

It could be that the high paying world traveling hunter is victim of shady guides but I will say this; the lion was NOT on preserve land and was legally "game" on the ground where the dentist was hunting. Lions seem to have a fantastic olfactory and was merely seeking the scent that the guides were using to draw in these fantastic predator/scavengers. If they weren't purposefully getting as close as they can, with the intent of luring this famous lion exclusively, then they were doing NOTHING wrong (other than not preparing for a night hunt, causing them the archer to place a very bad shot.

Hunters do much good all around the world and, as much as I hate to admit it, TEXAS leads in this by actually preserving species that are more abundant than the animal's nation/continent of origin.

PS: I don't listen to Rush....I'm more in tune with Lars Larson; Mark Levine is OK *(when not spouting off about how GREAT that SOB Lincoln was).
    I was going to say that. The Texas Deerhunters Association controls most of the deer in Texas. In the past they have over-populated and almost wiped themselves out by "over-grazing".

However, Africa has no such controlling force and their animals have been over-hunted for a century.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post

Not that the facts matter to most of the right wing-nut chuckleheads posting here. And citing Rush Limbaugh as a source on anything is like citing pond scum as a source on quantum mechanics.
    The facts haven't mattered to you for at least the last 13 years. Why should you start now?

12. Thanks jimnyc, red state, Jeff, Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red state View Post
    Here are some REAL facts from average, everyday AMERICANS:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...%20is%20murder

That which THEY destroy is NOT a chicken embryo or an untitled "mass".....it is, like most of us, a developing HUMAN being. The sad part is; most liberal scum stopped developing LONG ago (which is why they are dead inside and strive to spread their hatred and death to all of us at every turn.
    If you don't know bullypulpit, he's generally full of it on every topic.

14. Thanks jimnyc, red state, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post

How about them executive orders, bullydisappearwhenaskedquestions?

You pop in here and there to toss out crap like this, like "gotchas", but don't seem to want to return to reply to replies. I call that "hit and run". So how does fact check work for the worst president ever, and the executive orders you whined about for about 8 years? I looked, can't find a single post from you condemning such, not one. Are you a hypocrite, bully? Just asking!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

16. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This "hunter" is no hunter. Baiting and luring a lion from a safe spot, hitting lights on him and killing him is not hunting. He did this for "sport", and even then it was no sport. He might as well have went target shooting and just bought a lion head.

His business is down for now, as is his phone, FB account and business website. I hope he completely goes out of business. There's a memorial growing in front of his business. Folks are leaving a bunch of stuffed lions. Also a few statements to the scumbag.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Perianne, Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    How about them executive orders, bullydisappearwhenaskedquestions?

You pop in here and there to toss out crap like this, like "gotchas", but don't seem to want to return to reply to replies. I call that "hit and run". So how does fact check work for the worst president ever, and the executive orders you whined about for about 8 years? I looked, can't find a single post from you condemning such, not one. Are you a hypocrite, bully? Just asking!!
    He DID used to whine about that, didn't he?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He DID used to whine about that, didn't he?
    Yes. He. Did.!

He's as transparent as "the most transparent administration ever".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This "hunter" is no hunter. Baiting and luring a lion from a safe spot, hitting lights on him and killing him is not hunting. He did this for "sport", and even then it was no sport. He might as well have went target shooting and just bought a lion head.

His business is down for now, as is his phone, FB account and business website. I hope he completely goes out of business. There's a memorial growing in front of his business. Folks are leaving a bunch of stuffed lions. Also a few statements to the scumbag.

I think you're disagreeing with those that agree with you. The point whoever up there was making is dumbass "Save the Whales" people can't differentiate between a hunter and poacher. They're lumping them all into the same category. As usual, without any actual facts. They caught the two guides and the truth will come out.

Not to mention the leader of that counttry is the biggest poacher of them all.

I don't hunt. I know how to. I imagine hunting animals isn't much different than humans.

I DO take issue with THIS being the headline of the day today, while Planned Parenthood is ignored.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The facts haven't mattered to you for at least the last 13 years. Why should you start now?
    The facts have always mattered....It's what I deal in professionally as a critical care nurse. But then to the RWN mind, facts have a notoriously librul bias. Especially when they contradict the fragile tissue of falsehoods, mean-spiritedness, ignorance, and confabulation that is the GOP/RWN world-view.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.