Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

This should be good.

Cris 'Cyborg' Justino's camp says she'll cut weight for Ronda Rousey fight
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13...ounds-december
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

For all of you who think you can beat her ass ..... you will be so distracted by her beauty that she will have element of surprise.

Attached Images Attached Images
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I know who would be the female in this relationship. And it wouldn't be Rhonda.
    That's not a given. Maybe her fighting ability means she doesn't have to be a backstabbing piece of crap like most "liberated" Anglo females.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Don't think Tails is gonna take that bet.
    It's less painful to get broken ribs than be in a real life soap opera.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    It's less painful to get broken ribs than be in a real life soap opera.
    And you aren't in one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

And you aren't in one?
    I can always close the browser here, so it's tolerable.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I can always close the browser here, so it's tolerable.
    OK, you got me on that one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Mixed martial arts in its current form bears little resemblance to kick boxing. It's like comparing cricket to baseball.
    I'm well aware of that since I've done both. I started out boxing, then kickboxing, and caught the very beginning of MMA before I figured out they all had ears like Alfred E. Newman. Not to mention I was in my 40s by then.

I'll go out on a limb and say I'm a tad more up on fighting skills than you. What do you think Marines do all day? Almost ALL of us know one or more martial art. We're trained in close combat, and hand to hand combat, and I'd like to know which Marine on this board hasn't done at least one tour on the Rock. You got several choices there ... alcoholism, finding God, SCUBA diving and/or finding an Okinawan shorin-ryu or shorei-ryu school that will accept your unworthy ass for training.

Most of us mix the karate with weekend alcoholism.

After WWII when the US outlawed all Japanese martial arts they got created. Ju-do is the sport form of ju-juitsu. Karate-do is the sport form of karate-juitsu. Ken-do was the original samurai form of Ken-juitsu. Tae Kwon Do is the (Korean) form of Tang Soo Do which originated in the Kingdom of Silla, which was North Korea and it was called tae guek.

The dance the Chines made out of Tai CHi? Result of the emperor banning all martial arts. They took the yang out and perform only the yin and turned it into a dance. That's how they got over. You add the yang back in, it's a formidable martial art.

So I'm not all that impressed with Rhonda Rousey. As I already said, she's got no competition. Most women I know don't want to be guys. And I prefer they aren't. When somebody comes along willing to work as hard or harder than she, she'll go down. Tsun Tzu ... Art of War ... meet the enemy where they live.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So I'm not all that impressed with Rhonda Rousey. As I already said, she's got no competition. Most women I know don't want to be guys. And I prefer they aren't. When somebody comes along willing to work as hard or harder than she, she'll go down. Tsun Tzu ... Art of War ... meet the enemy where they live.
    True, she cannot beat a man, but she has defeated all her female competitors. Isn't that all that can be asked of her?

11. Thanks Max R., Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    True, she cannot beat a man, but she has defeated all her female competitors. Isn't that all that can be asked of her?
    I don't want her to beat a man. That is irrelevant to me. I knew female Marines that were scary. She could honestly, probably beat a lot of men in weight class. I'm not trying to make this a pissing contest. I weigh 80 more pounds than she does and I can still see my belt buckle and my toes. (That means I'm mostly muscle).

My point with her is she's been hyped to the max by that skin-head that obviously went on 'roids from his day in comedy to pimping MMA. Dana whatever. I can tel you a couple of things. Managers pick fights to protect their fighters. Somebody almost as good but not quite.

Rousey's biggest advantage is she's undefeated. That plays on the mind of the challenger. One mistake and it's over. They're overly-cautious and she's overly-aggressive. It'll take someone that can overcome that to beat her.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is Dana dipshit pimping her for all she's worth. He'll dump her ass in a second the first time she loses and I have a problem with promoters like that. Not that I know few. I hope she saves her money because you're always going to lose. And the promoters might go for the "rematch of the century" but that's their last payday. Then you go to mid card.

Oh yeah, and he was against women in the MMA to begin with.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-10-2015 at 02:14 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm voting for Rousey v. Trump.

14. Thanks Max R., SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I remember seeing her this past Wrestlemania, when she got in the ring with the Rock. Of course, they do a thing of her putting Stephanie in a hold, and pushing her out of the ring, but then, she grabs Hunter and throws him. The thing with the Hunter throw, though, if you watch the slow-mo or see freeze-frames, Hunter did throw himself, and you can see the dumbest look of shock on Rock's face as she throw HHH through an actual hiptoss, not selling a hip toss.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    I remember seeing her this past Wrestlemania, when she got in the ring with the Rock. Of course, they do a thing of her putting Stephanie in a hold, and pushing her out of the ring, but then, she grabs Hunter and throws him. The thing with the Hunter throw, though, if you watch the slow-mo or see freeze-frames, Hunter did throw himself, and you can see the dumbest look of shock on Rock's face as she throw HHH through an actual hiptoss, not selling a hip toss.
    Well yeah, pro wrestling is a different art unto itself. Most of the throws are controlled by the person being thrown. Professional wrestling is about putting on a show without getting hurt. If someone actually gets hurt, THAT is an accident. If you've ever been in a ring, you know it's harder to NOT hurt someone than to clock them. Anyone who thinks pro wrestlers are just "fake" needs to get a clue. I don't know how you fake landing on a table from the top ringpost.

And I haven't watched pro wrestling in 20 or more years. I have some 60s and 70s DVDs from when I liked pro wrestling as a kid. The carnival they have now is ridiculous.

And FYI, Triple H is married to Stephanie McMahon. He probably wrote the script that got his ass kicked.