Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I like it. Other than the small bug from Nvidia - and that wasn't Microsoft's fault - it's been completely problem free.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

49% here...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Probably having various bugs worked out by then. But truth be told, if you install it now, you will get updates as you go along to fix any bugs. It's just that sometimes the bugs can be annoying to deal with.
    I am sorry, Jim!
    May be I am too old and do not understand smth in computers as my Grandchildren, but, initially I backed up an image of my Disk 'C', and only THEN I upgraded up to Win 10.
    As to Win 10, I am not a prof in this sphere, I will much more comfortable.
    The only drawback I am facing, I am not able to fly in FS9. Maybe you know where I can find a patch to solve this problem?
    Last edited by Balu; 08-17-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Balu - try running your program as administrator. That fixed the graphics crash for me in Win 10.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Balu - try running your program as administrator. That fixed the graphics crash for me in Win 10.
    This is Greece for me.
    Show how to do it by your fingers....
    I am as anсeint as a mammoth shit.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

No problem.

Right-click your Flight Sim icon on your desktop

Select "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's done, and surprisingly when extremely smoothly, not a single question or error. I'll have to peek around of course, but not bad at first glance.

WTF is this "Cortana" thing? And you said it sucks, NT?

And the major noticeable difference is Windows Edge, which is the new IE for Windows 10. What's your rating thus far, NT, or are you not even using it?

I haven't even gotten into the control panel yet. But is there a lot new in there for us geeks? Thus far, the menu is kinda like the old, with a little of the new, with weather built into it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    I am sorry, Jim!
    May be I am too old and do not understand smth in computers as my Grandchildren, but, initially I backed up an image of my Disk 'C', and only THEN I upgraded up to Win 10.
    As to Win 10, I am not a prof in this sphere, I will much more comfortable.
    The only drawback I am facing, I am not able to fly in FS9. Maybe you know where I can find a patch to solve this problem?
    I will put it in easier language, as I feel just like you do!!

Do now, deal with more problems as you go along. Wait, and when you install you have less problems.

I don't know about the FS9, but learn to fly some helicopters in the meantime!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

MUCH to early to declare victory... but the entire upgrade, from end to end, was less than 2 hours. Almost every last minute was simply waiting time, nothing for me to do, completely hands off. Not a single error. Everything seems to be working.

NT - you've had it for awhile now. You? Errors since you've had it? Programs all transfer over and still working? How do your games function now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

It's done, and surprisingly when extremely smoothly, not a single question or error. I'll have to peek around of course, but not bad at first glance.

WTF is this "Cortana" thing? And you said it sucks, NT?

And the major noticeable difference is Windows Edge, which is the new IE for Windows 10. What's your rating thus far, NT, or are you not even using it?

I haven't even gotten into the control panel yet. But is there a lot new in there for us geeks? Thus far, the menu is kinda like the old, with a little of the new, with weather built into it.

Cortana is Microsoft's version of Siri... you can Voice Command your computer to do things, like navigate or search, or whatever. The problem with it is the technology isn't as good as my Samsung phone - it evidently learns over time, so the more you use it, the better it gets as it learns your voice and speech patterns.

I only use Edge where I have to - certain websites require IE, so I'm stuck there. I'm still using Chrome, I don't care what they call the new browser! lol

Yeah, your Start Menu can be customized. I don't care for the little tiles, so I right clicked them and got rid of them. I like the classic start menu setup!

Control Panel is a 'desktop app' now, it's there like it always was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

MUCH to early to declare victory... but the entire upgrade, from end to end, was less than 2 hours. Almost every last minute was simply waiting time, nothing for me to do, completely hands off. Not a single error. Everything seems to be working.

NT - you've had it for awhile now. You? Errors since you've had it? Programs all transfer over and still working? How do your games function now?

Yep, the upgrade was smooth as silk and it's been completely solid. No errors, no lost files, everything works fine. They did a good job with this one.

All works well, with the exception of Nvidia scrambling to kick out drivers... they claimed they were "Windows 10 ready" but that clearly wasn't the case. I had 3 Nvidia updates in one day last week... I think there's some engineers that got their asses kicked for dropping the ball there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Gentlemen,
    Can anybody tell me how to put 'My favorite inet links' (I am accustomed to in previous versions of Wins) into the panel, when opening the left bottom icon by clicking the right bottom of the mouse?
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Gentlemen,
    Can anybody tell me how to put 'My favorite inet links' (I am accustomed to in previous versions of Wins) into the panel, when opening the left bottom icon by clicking the right bottom of the mouse?
    Are you talking about your Bookmarks Bar in your browser?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I want my downloaded files to land on my desktop. Thus far, my searches lead me to believe I need to edit the registry in order to make changes to this download folder? I can do that easily enough, but sucks if they expect the everyday user to do so. Just a preference of mine to place them there. Outta sight and outta mind for me!

I really don't see any reason NOT TO upgrade, so far anyway. No major reasons TO upgrade, but we're all going to have to eventually. So far my biggest complaint is getting lost and having to query Google so far to figure out how to do certain things. Of course that's expected.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Gentlemen,
    Inet links? I'm confused with what you're asking? Is Rick correct, putting links just below the URL bar? If so, which browser?