Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default UN: Jail Parents Who Spank Their Children

The U.N. thinks they have the right to tell the UK that spanking their children is wrong and they want to outlaw it, where in the hell do they get the idea that they can tell them what to do, ooo yea the idiot in charge Obama. At least here in GA spanking a child is perfectly legal, beating a child isn't, and yes I have always believed a smack on the butt ( embarrassed a child more than hurt ) works miracles, my kids are all past that point now but when they where younger yup I gave it to them when ever they needed it. And now ( the younger boys anyway, ages 12 and 13, at the end of next month they will be 13 and 14 ) don't ever need me to raise my hand, a simple glare across the room lets them know it's done, I am not listening and they are done talking. I don't believe in beating a child but spankings are a part of good parenting, I love the time outs, " yea little Johnny you go to your room with your computer and Nintendo and you stay there for a 1/2 hour" yea like kids don't enjoy that, hell I remember my Dad pulling that belt off and it was no Daddy no Daddy before he ever got in the room, nope we very rarely made the same mistake twice. And in all honesty it didn't hurt, it was the thought, the fear you built up, but it taught us, but who in the hell is the UN to decide who any of us should raise our kids, yes there is a law they had sent to the USA last year on the very subject.

I remember a teacher telling me I shouldn't spank my son, I told him then for now on when my kid acts out in school don't call me or I was going to come to school and spank him in front of the class, yup he dummy upped quickly, both of my boys are very active in sports ( with the school and outside leagues ) and both are pretty much straight A students, although the older one struggled in one class last year keeping the A. So apparently I did something right, God knows they didn't get there good habits of studying from me I am ashamed to say, but they did learn how to work hard from me and they do so in everything they do.

Under the guise of advancing what the United Nationscharacterizes as “human rights,” the UN “Human Rights Committee” released a report urging U.K. authorities to prosecute parents who smack or spank their children — even when used as a disciplinary tool. The UN report continued, advocating that the government launch a tax-funded propaganda campaign against corporal punishment and parents who choose to use it in disciplining their children, highlighting the alleged “harmful effects.” A broad list of other demands — more abortion, more UN agreements, and more censorship, among others — was also provided by the UN’s “human rights” bureaucracy in its report on the United Kingdom.

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/to...sg_share_topic
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks Perianne, crin63, Gunny thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

How dare they, adults should be able to hit children whenever they want.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    How dare they, adults should be able to hit children whenever they want.
    We finally agree Parents should decide how they wish to raise their children, a smack on the butt is hardly beating a child, or my favorite was to slap their hand and tell them no and explain why, and it has worked for years and years, but yea now the liberals say it is wrong and want time outs and all that trash, yup it's working great, I see all the killings, crime rates and the world just basically slipping into a pit, yup it sure is a good idea.

5. Thanks Perianne, Kathianne, crin63, Gunny, Trigg thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    We finally agree Parents should decide how they wish to raise their children, a smack on the butt is hardly beating a child, or my favorite was to slap their hand and tell them no and explain why, and it has worked for years and years, but yea now the liberals say it is wrong and want time outs and all that trash, yup it's working great, I see all the killings, crime rates and the world just basically slipping into a pit, yup it sure is a good idea.
    Yeah i mean i was never hit as a child and i'm just itching to commit some murders.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The government or UN has 0 right to tell parents how to discipline or what to all their children to eat or where to go. Yes, the state may step in for abuse/neglect which includes those that go beyond discipline or rearing children. We may disagree on corporal punishment or even feeding, but those are opinions, not the government.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Jeff, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yeah i mean i was never hit as a child and i'm just itching to commit some murders.
    Noir, I believe you are a good person.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I was spanked as a child and yea I am itching to commit murders, that is about as lame as a excuse I have ever seen, So you are saying anyone that was spanked is now a murderer ?

What I do see from the way you where brought up is a kid with no morals, and please don't take that as bad as it sounds Noir, but you are all for anything that most of us where taught was wrong, gay marriage for example, I am not going to debate you on whether that is right or wrong, that has been beat to death, but the way you and most Libs believe is what most would call a person with no morals.

But you can't change facts Noir, it became popular to not spank a child about the same time it become a trend of taking God out of everything, yup you now have to walk through metal detectors at many schools, yup it sure is working well. People now a days have no morals what so ever and yes I believe it comes directly from how you raise a child. I watch some of these lazy ass parents putting their kids on all kinds of narcotics now a days because they are sick, sick hell they need a foot in their butt and they will straighten right out, with that said I am not saying all kids that have special needs can be fixed with discipline, but many I have seen can.

11. Thanks crin63, Gunny thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You guys aren't seeing this the right way. Here's what's happening.

Liberals - and progresssives - want MORE of their kind, except not as equals but as followers. To keep liberals in power they advocate points of view that will best generate sheep to follow them. Having Non-spanked kids increases their likelyhood of becoming more like Noir, who support TERRIBLE political and social positions. Noir follows. That's partly due to the environment in which he was raised.

You want the world to support the UN and their corrupt and borderline EVIL practices? Raise more ninnies.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

13. Thanks crin63, Jeff, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I was spanked as a child and yea I am itching to commit murders, that is about as lame as a excuse I have ever seen, So you are saying anyone that was spanked is now a murderer ?

What I do see from the way you where brought up is a kid with no morals, and please don't take that as bad as it sounds Noir, but you are all for anything that most of us where taught was wrong, gay marriage for example, I am not going to debate you on whether that is right or wrong, that has been beat to death, but the way you and most Libs believe is what most would call a person with no morals.

But you can't change facts Noir, it became popular to not spank a child about the same time it become a trend of taking God out of everything, yup you now have to walk through metal detectors at many schools, yup it sure is working well. People now a days have no morals what so ever and yes I believe it comes directly from how you raise a child. I watch some of these lazy ass parents putting their kids on all kinds of narcotics now a days because they are sick, sick hell they need a foot in their butt and they will straighten right out, with that said I am not saying all kids that have special needs can be fixed with discipline, but many I have seen can.
    Discipline that is bounded by set limitations and explained within the reasoning ability of the child leads to self-discipline. The child learns to control themselves internally, for their good and the good of others around them. There are many ways of arriving at that, spankings being one, whether the most effective or not is not really up to the government to say.

I'd have to say, based only upon what is written, that Noir is certainly a moral based person. I may not agree with all his choices, but he's consistent and does nothing to harm himself or others. He may not share the morals of others, but he's not without morals.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

15. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, you're the one making these kinds of statements
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    , but yea now the liberals say it is wrong and want time outs and all that trash, yup it's working great, I see all the killings, crime rates and the world just basically slipping into a pit, yup it sure is a good idea.
    [/quote] I don't think being spanked or not spanked creates murderers, you apparently link not spanking children to 'killings, crime rates and the world slipping into a pit'. If you think my comment was a stupid one, take heart that atleast it was sarcastic, can we say the same of your post?
    Last edited by Noir; 08-05-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Only an idiot would even think of jailing a parent for spanking their child. And they said SPANKING, not abusing or beating.

If that's how someone doesn't want to raise their child, so be it, that's cool. But only idiots would try to tell parents how to raise THEIR children.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Kathianne, Perianne, crin63, Trigg, Jeff and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I doubt someone can say what it prevents days/years down the road. No more than someone trying to say it's somehow bad, when it's not. But I HAVE seen proof, with my own eyes, or kids that were "bad" in various ways, where the behavior ceased with small spankings that wouldn't harm the smallest of dogs.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

20. Thanks crin63, Jeff thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Having Non-spanked kids increases their likelyhood of becoming more like Noir, who support TERRIBLE political and social positions. Noir follows. That's partly due to the environment in which he was raised.
    Interesting that you link these social positions to me not being hit, rather than years of Sunday prayers and religious schooling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I spanked my daughter a few times, though I think the last time was when she was five.

It broke my heart to do so and I cried afterwards. I felt it was necessary, though.

Warning: if anyone spanks their child in anger it is an abominable sin in my opinion.

23. Thanks crin63, Jeff, Motown thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Interesting that you link these social positions to me not being hit, rather than years of Sunday prayers and religious schooling.
    Because I had years of religious schooling - AND was loved-enough by my parents to spank me. That kept me from being a ninny. Sure, I could become a ninny - just as you can become enlightened and shun your hurtful social agendas. Am thankful my parents gave me the right head start though. Spanking your kids when they're little helps - not ensures - they refrain from being societies 'takers'.

Anti-spankers don't love their kids enough to do the hard-right over the easy wrong. Yes. I said it.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

25. Thanks crin63, Jeff thanked this post