Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    So, since we are discussing Christianity, I will repeat, can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus says that God is coercing us to worship Him? In fact, Jesus says that if you ask Him into your heart, He will enter. Dose that sound coercive to you?
    Abbey, check into <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion"><b>COERCION</b></a>, reread your Bible, and then deny there's not threat involved.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Geez, I wouldn't have thought his needed to be explained, but here goes. God gave us free will to worship Him, or not. If you choose to worship Him, there are rules He wants you to follow, including, that you shall have no other "god's" before him. The Jews of the time needed to hear this message, btw, as they were following Moses into the promised land, yet falling back into worshipping other "gods".

So, since we are discussing Christianity, I will repeat, can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus says that God is coercing us to worship Him? In fact, Jesus says that if you ask Him into your heart, He will enter. Dose that sound coercive to you?
    I didn't use the word coercion.

I said that freedom of religion isn't a Christian ideal, it's a purely secular one. Even the different denominations are often embroiled in conflicts about how to practice Christianity, let alone recognize the belief in another deity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Funny how no one who actually believes in the ten commandments agrees with you. Take Joshua for example:

"15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)

Now here we have the words of a man taught directly by Moses and also by the Lord. Obviously there was no contradiction for the Israelites a generation later. Why then should this interpretation be rejected for your own?

The Lord doesnt force anyone into anything. He gives us a choice. So choose this day whom you will serve.
    Stray under penalty of death you mean...some choice. Submit or die.

16When ye have transgressed the covenant of the LORD your God, which he commanded you, and have gone and served other gods, and bowed yourselves to them; then shall the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and ye shall perish quickly from off the good land which he hath given unto you. (Joshua 23:16)

You'll have to do better than plucking one small verse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    Abbey, check into <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion"><b>COERCION</b></a>, reread your Bible, and then deny there's not threat involved.
    I coerce my children to do the right thing all the time. What's wrong with that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    My reality is based here on earth, in America. It is your's that appears to be off somewhere else. Andromeda perhaps?
    I agree the woman is surely delusional.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I agree the woman is surely delusional.
    Which woman?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I coerce my children to do the right thing all the time. What's wrong with that?
    You can tell me, I have not asserted it's wrong; or if you prefer, tell me what is so right about coercion.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You keep using that word coercion. I dont think it means what you think it means.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    You keep using that word coercion. I dont think it means what you think it means.
    If it doesn't mean:<blockquote>"Coercion is the practice of compelling a person to involuntarily behave in a certain way (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats, intimidation or some other form of pressure or force. Coercion may typically involve the actual infliction of physical or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may then lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced."</blockquote>...then, enlighten me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "I don't hink it means what you think it means" bs is tired and worn out from these embeciles, LOki.

If it doesn't mean:<blockquote>"Coercion is the practice of compelling a person to involuntarily behave in a certain way (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats, intimidation or some other form of pressure or force. Coercion may typically involve the actual infliction of physical or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may then lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced."</blockquote>...then, enlighten me.

They have no other explanation or clarification for their thoughts and think that one will make things more objective for the casual reader. Even then, the casual reader thinks they are very ignorant or at least obfuscating using that excuse not to answer.

Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Which woman?
    LOki (sex unknown).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You can tell me, I have not asserted it's wrong; or if you prefer, tell me what is so right about coercion.
    Coercion trains my children to know right from wrong. I also intimidate, threaten, and inflict corporal punishment when neccesary, me being the jury as well as sole judge.