Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    WHOOOOAAAAA WHOO WHOO there pard, I said no such thing...
    I said, "Are you suggesting that, as a Christian, you advocate discretionary adherance to Biblical principles, namely the 10 Commandments?"

To which you replied, "Yes".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    <a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86093&postcount=8">You contradicted yourself.... you just don't know what you're talking about, or what?</a>

<a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86126&postcount=13">You don't believe in God, and you're not a Christian as I am. You appear to get great pleasure out of trashing religion, any religion, although you also appear to be one of the "bashing Christianity is in" crowd.</a>

<a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86126&postcount=13">You religon hating, relativists are growing increasingly militant. Your hate for God and the people of faith looks more like the work of the devil than ever before. You're a pawn being used by the forces of evil, and you don't even know it.</a>

<a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86126&postcount=13">Go ahead... I'm so looking forward to this... because as soon as you realize you're not a fraction as smart as you think you are, you'll realize that religion in general is the master of the universe, not you and your narcissistic notions.</a>

<a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86189&postcount=16">You bash, belittle and berate through the whole thing. You approach this subject as though somehow you are above everyone else, as though we're all morons for being Christians, and your only form of dealing or talking with us is condescending. You REEK of condescension. Basically, that's the trait of someone that doesn't really believe what they're saying, so they resort to smart ass to try and give the impression they're right. Well nothing could be further from the truth here. You've shown your hand, and it ain't shit. So far, you've had diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of ideas.</a>

<a href="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=86408&postcount=26">Here's some free advice, believe whatever the hell you want, because hell is where your beliefs come from. But don't come crying and sniveling to me when your made up rules in your made up world no longer suit your needs. Man can not institute his own brand of morality. It's been tried. It failed. Miserably. Every time. And if you're incapable of learning from the past, you're doomed to repeat it. And you thought you were smart... ppphht... why don't you act like it?</a>
    <blockquote><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection#Common_definitions">In psychology, psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defense mechanism in which one attributes to others one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions. Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted subconscious impulses/desires without letting the ego recognize them.</a></blockquote>

You see Pale, I'm not the one so confident I know everything, that I'd presume to know what another person thinks--that's you.

I'm not the one here making false and unsubstantiated accusations against other people here--that's you.

I'm not the one here who demands that my unsubstantiated beliefs are the master of the universe, and the absolute truths upon which the value and morality of all things are to be judged--that's you.

Your accusations against me, are all about you Pale Rider.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    I said, "Are you suggesting that, as a Christian, you advocate discretionary adherance to Biblical principles, namely the 10 Commandments?"

Wrong again kemosabee... you said...

This answer makes absolutely no sense. Are you suggesting that, as a Christian, you advocate discretionary adherance to Biblical principles, namely the 10 Commandments? If that's the case, why shouldn't we all be allowed to cherry-pick our way through it and simply discard those parts we don't like?
    To which I said...

What do you mean "why shouldn't we?" That's what you liberals do isn't it? Take abortion for instance. Abortion is murder, yet one of the commandments is "thou shalt not kill/murder."
    You ask why shouldn't you be able to cherry pick, and I answered with an example that you LIBERALS already do. LIBERALS!!!

You'll have to follow along better than this Mm, if I'm to continue debating with you. You're really off track here, and in a matter of two posts. How the hell you get so lost so fast?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To which I said...

You ask why shouldn't you be able to cherry pick, and I answered with an example that you LIBERALS already do. LIBERALS!!!

You'll have to follow along better than this Mm, if I'm to continue debating with you. You're really off track here, and in a matter of two posts. How the hell you get so lost so fast?
    Translation:
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost...0&postcount=28

I'm wrong? Don't think so.

I took the high road and didn't make comments about you being an illiterate boob or suggesting I might need to dumb-down my posts for you and you post this condescending shit. I suggest you invest in a dictionary and a couple "English as a second language" classes before you start calling me "lost".

Pssst! Discretionary adherance means the same thing as cherry-pick. Advocate means be in favor of.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    Translation:
    Your off in left field, and completely wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost...0&postcount=28

I'm wrong? Don't think so.

I took the high road and didn't make comments about you being an illiterate boob or suggesting I might need to dumb-down my posts for you and you post this condescending shit. I suggest you invest in a dictionary and a couple "English as a second language" classes before you start calling me "lost".

Pssst! Discretionary adherance means the same thing as cherry-pick. Advocate means be in favor of.
    I apologize if I came off as an asshole, but you really did somehow get something out of what I posted that isn't what I meant.

But here's the thing Mm, back up, you said why can't we cherry pick from the Ten Commandments, to which I answered, you "Liberals" already do. Now however you got a "I said yes" out of that, I don't know. But that's where the confusion is coming from here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I apologize if I came off as an asshole, but you really did somehow get something out of what I posted that isn't what I meant.

But here's the thing Mm, back up, you said why can't we cherry pick from the Ten Commandments, to which I answered, you "Liberals" already do. Now however you got a "I said yes" out of that, I don't know. But that's where the confusion is coming from here.
    I got "Yes" from the question before that when I asked if you advocate discretionary adherance to the 10 Commandments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got "Yes" from the question before that when I asked if you advocate discretionary adherance to the 10 Commandments.
    Well there's where we got off track. I guess my answer is still yes... to that.

Now... "should we cherry pick which commandments to adhere to?" That was your next question, and my answer to that was, "you liberals already do," and my example was abortion, which disobeys the commandment, thou shalt not kill/murder.

We should be straight now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well there's where we got off track. I guess my answer is still yes... to that.

Now... "should we cherry pick which commandments to adhere to?" That was your next question, and my answer to that was, "you liberals already do," and my example was abortion, which disobeys the commandment, thou shalt not kill/murder.

We should be straight now.
    They both mean the same thing...we're not straight yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They both mean the same thing...we're not straight yet.
    Well I am, but if you're still confused, explain what you're confused about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I am, but if you're still confused, explain what you're confused about.
    I'm not confused at all. I asked if you think it's okay for people to violate the 10 Commandments with this question: "Are you suggesting that, as a Christian, you advocate discretionary adherance to Biblical principles, namely the 10 Commandments?"

Based on your response to a couple other questions, it appears you misunderstood the first question and you believe that the 10 Commandments should be complied with. Is that accurate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not confused at all. I asked if you think it's okay for people to violate the 10 Commandments with this question: "Are you suggesting that, as a Christian, you advocate discretionary adherance to Biblical principles, namely the 10 Commandments?"

Based on your response to a couple other questions, it appears you misunderstood the first question and you believe that the 10 Commandments should be complied with. Is that accurate?
    Yes. But I also pointed out, "after you asked," that if commandments should be "cherry picked" as to which ones to be obeyed. To which I replied, "you liberals already do, as in thou shalt not kill/murder." Liberals endorse abortion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. But I also pointed out, "after you asked," that if commandments should be "cherry picked" as to which ones to be obeyed. To which I replied, "you liberals already do, as in thou shalt not kill/murder." Liberals endorse abortion.
    I will offer no argument that each and every one of the 10 Commandments takes a beating daily. By whom and through what actions are fodder for another discussion.

Back to the point...do you suppose our founders, being Christians, also believed that the 10 Commandments should be followed? Would they have approved of cherry-picking?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will offer no argument that each and every one of the 10 Commandments takes a beating daily. By whom and through what actions are fodder for another discussion.

Back to the point...do you suppose our founders, being Christians, also believed that the 10 Commandments should be followed? Would they have approved of cherry-picking?
    I don't believe so. Not two hundred years ago. They were, for the most part, puritans. Our world has changed dramatically... for the worse. Everyone is guilty, daily, including myself. I'm sure I break something. You too.