Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default How apropos a discussion

Restricting freedom of speech again, Jim? Just because you have this delusion that all the members that don't come here will? Why don't you quit letting other members tell us what to say?

The fact is, Trump is a dick and he sucks. Squelching people isn't going to change that. I don't care who doesn't like that opinion.

You're as guilty as the MSM. You only let people post what you want to be heard and when some whiny shit comes crying, you react.

But I get the math and logic to it. Y'all are all Donald Trumps. You like to dish it out but can't stand it when it gets slammed in your face. When did y'all turn into leftwingnuts?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Remember back when you owned USMB and let people say what they wanted? You had a successful board.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

When did Jim squelch anyone's free speech?

I must have missed that.

What I saw was someone breaking the rules regarding PMs and Rep Comments being publicly aired.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Perianne, PixieStix, Jeff, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Restricting freedom of speech again, Jim? Just because you have this delusion that all the members that don't come here will? Why don't you quit letting other members tell us what to say?

The fact is, Trump is a dick and he sucks. Squelching people isn't going to change that. I don't care who doesn't like that opinion.

You're as guilty as the MSM. You only let people post what you want to be heard and when some whiny shit comes crying, you react.

But I get the math and logic to it. Y'all are all Donald Trumps. You like to dish it out but can't stand it when it gets slammed in your face. When did y'all turn into leftwingnuts?
    How about you shut the fuck up? Perhaps point us to where ANYONE has had free speech affected here? Because you sure haven't, nor has ANY other member here.

So how about YOU SQUELCH YOURSELF and know what you're talking about, before starting threads in the wrong sections, talking about absolute bullshit?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Remember back when you owned USMB and let people say what they wanted? You had a successful board.
    I have a novel idea here Gunny - I let people say what they wanted, huh? Are you NOT saying what the fuck you want RIGHT NOW? And again, WHO is not allowed to say what they want, or are you just inventing bullshit?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I know it won't do any good to ask....

Guys, we have a nice forum here. Please don't start fighting.

This is Jim's forum. He has been very nice and lets us participate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have to agree with the responses. Jim hasn't shut me up, no one has posted more against Trump. He hasn't tried, publicly or privately.

This isn't a 'constitutional issue' it's a private board.

It's a 'call out' thread and belongs in Cage.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have no clue as to what is going on. As usual dink too much coffee
    Last edited by PixieStix; 08-12-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    When did Jim squelch anyone's free speech?

I must have missed that.

What I saw was someone breaking the rules regarding PMs and Rep Comments being publicly aired.
    Is that what he's referring to? A dumb jarhead that couldn't comprehend the rules, and had NO CONSEQUENCES WHATSOEVER BROUGHT FORTH? Folks in the past ALL got a minimum of a 3 day vacation for such actions. This one got NOTHING, unless you count approximately 2 minutes of being removed from a thread.

So is this your issue, Gunny, me not being thrilled with an asshole who can't follow the rules and got no free speech at all stopped as a result? Weird shit, huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I know it won't do any good to ask....

Guys, we have a nice forum here. Please don't start fighting.

This is Jim's forum. He has been very nice and lets us participate.
    As to that S, you may want to look to the thread starter, who appears to be confused about the FACTS.

12. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As to that S, you may want to look to the thread starter, who appears to be confused about the FACTS.
    I didn't mean any disrespect to you, Jim. I just hate it when people argue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I didn't mean any disrespect to you, Jim. I just hate it when people argue.
    You didn't and I didn't think such of you, was only putting in a small correction about one letter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Is that what he's referring to? A dumb jarhead that couldn't comprehend the rules, and had NO CONSEQUENCES WHATSOEVER BROUGHT FORTH? Folks in the past ALL got a minimum of a 3 day vacation for such actions. This one got NOTHING, unless you count approximately 2 minutes of being removed from a thread.

So is this your issue, Gunny, me not being thrilled with an asshole who can't follow the rules and got no free speech at all stopped as a result? Weird shit, huh?
    Unless I missed something, that's all I can come up with... and he didn't get a complimentary boot for it, either.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Unless I missed something, that's all I can come up with... and he didn't get a complimentary boot for it, either.
    I wouldn't have banned him if he begged. I was more interested in a discussion with him, since he thought I was a coward and all. His free speech is/was here and waiting, zero settings changed, and weirdly enough he would no longer reply to PM's or the thread I directed him to. Odd actions from a "man" who jumped down my throat, then ignored questions, then acted like a sissy, then broke the rules, and then acted like a HUGE sissy with the alterations to his profile (how does a person who is banned make all those changes?)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Hey, anyone want me to move this to cage?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill