Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default Jimmy Carter has cancer

Apparently he has liver cancer and it's widely spread.

While I think he was remarkably inept both during his Presidency and post-Presidency, I think he is basically a good person and genuinely cared, even if misguided.

That's a hell of a way to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by FOX
    ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by FOX
    "Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."
    The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."
    Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt3
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne, revelarts, BoogyMan, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That sucks. I wonder just how much it's spread? Hopefully he won't suffer much through treatment, or if this takes his life. Sucks to see anyone get cancer, especially at his age.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Apparently he has liver cancer and it's widely spread.

While I think he was remarkably inept both during his Presidency and post-Presidency, I think he is basically a good person and genuinely cared, even if misguided.

That's a hell of a way to go out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt3
    Completely agree. He is a good man. Lousy President. His utopian idealism trumped common sense.

He doesn't deserve to go out like that. All he ever tried to do was good.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Jimmy Carter says he has cancer

just now breaking

ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.
    "Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."
    The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."
    Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.
    Carter, 90, was the nation's 39th president. After leaving the White House, he founded the center in Atlanta in 1982 to promote health care, democracy and other issues globally.
    He has remained active for the center in recent years, making public appearances at its headquarters in Atlanta and traveling overseas including a May election observation visit to Guyana cut short when Carter developed a bad cold.

Carter Center spokeswoman Deanna Congileo called the surgery earlier this month "elective" and said Carter's "prognosis is excellent for a full recovery." She declined to answer further questions at the time.

source Fox

runs in the family

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Agree with all of you. He meant well, he was wrong man for President. He set the example though of how not to act as an ex-President.

He's in my prayers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks revelarts, NightTrain, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Threads merged.

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

President Carter is a good man...

I wish him only the best in this fight..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

My 1st vote for president was for Carter against Reagan as new voter.
    4 years later i voted for Reagan.
    But i still like Carter and think he gets blamed for more than he was ever responsible for.

Seems a very good soul.
    Frankly one of the only presidents during my lifetime i don't think is/was a crook.

I pray all the best for him.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

13. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    My 1st vote for president was for Carter against Reagan as new voter.
    4 years later i voted for Reagan.
    But i still like Carter and think he gets blamed for more than he was ever responsible for.

Seems a very good soul.
    Frankly one of the only presidents during my lifetime i don't think is/was a crook.

I pray all the best for him.
    I agree, a godly man. A lousy president.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

15. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

All this praise for Carter. Are we talking about the same James Earl Carter, Jr. that

...spent the last 33 years denouncing Israel, praising nations that supported Muslim terrorists, defying the U.S. travel ban to Cuba, praising tyrants like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Yugoslav dictator Tito, and North Korean despot Kim Il-Sung. He oversaw election fraud and corruption in Venezuela and Haiti and declared everything fair and square. The man has spent 33 bitter, disgraceful years venting his hatred for America.

http://www.rootforamerica.com/webroo...-americatwice/

17. Thanks Kathianne, red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Sad

The first year I was eligible to vote was a presidential election year and I voted for him. I think perhaps he is one of the most honest men who was ever involved in politics and I believe he has always tried to do the best he could. I know the course of the disease he has. My Dad and his brother both died of liver cancer. Uncle Tommy's was a primary site and my Dad's a secondary one. Metastases are rapid and multiple and the process can be both painful and humiliating in the way it strips a person of their ability to even think clearly as toxins build up. The only saving grace, if there is one, is that it is usually a relatively fast killer. I wish him and his family everything good and peace in whatever happens.

19. Thanks Kathianne, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    All this praise for Carter. Are we talking about the same James Earl Carter, Jr. that

...spent the last 33 years denouncing Israel, praising nations that supported Muslim terrorists, defying the U.S. travel ban to Cuba, praising tyrants like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Yugoslav dictator Tito, and North Korean despot Kim Il-Sung. He oversaw election fraud and corruption in Venezuela and Haiti and declared everything fair and square. The man has spent 33 bitter, disgraceful years venting his hatred for America.

All true, parts of which are my comment on how 'not to be an ex-president.'

However, he thought he was acting as God would want. I disagree with nearly all he did, but his motivations I think he meant well.

Another one of those brilliant people without a lick of commonsense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

throw in the 21% prime, the hostages and scared shitless by a killer rabbit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

No praise from me. But I don't think his blundering around consistently being on the wrong side of every issue I can think of was malicious. He always demonstrated a lack of depth in his thinking, and he was taken advantage of by shysters like Arafat.

I guess I'll remember him as a good-hearted fool. I've met a few of those. He should never have been elected, but he isn't an evil man IMO.

23. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Respectfully as possible: NO COMMENT.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

25. Thanks tailfins thanked this post