Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Feds to Stop Calling Midget Raisins ‘Midget’

I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I read this, more PC crap. But then hell, I read they want it REMOVED FROM SOCIETY!! WTH?? Are people really this frail in life that they need words removed from ever being heard again? EVery damn day, another group or another person offended by something. Then go back in your damn houses and STFU already.

----

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued a regulation on Thursday to stop referring to midget raisins as “midget” after an activist group called the term offensive.

The USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) issued the proposed rule, announcing the U.S. “Standards for Grades of Processed Raisins” would eliminate all five times the word midget is used. Midget has long been used to describe the differences in sizes of California raisins.

“The action would clarify AMS grade standards by eliminating the use of the term ‘midget,’ while consistently using the term ‘small’ for raisins graded in that category,” the USDA said in the proposed rule. “The industry has used the two grade terms interchangeably for years. The proposed grade standards would be applied uniformly by all handlers.”

“These changes would modernize and clarify the standards by removing dual terminology for the same requirement,” the agency said.

The government said the change was prompted by a request from the Little People of America, a nonprofit membership organization for people of short stature.

The group wants to eliminate the word “midget” from society, and zeroed in on the raisin classification, although they said it was a benign use of the term.

“On May 13, 2013, AMS received a petition from the Little People of America stating that they ‘are trying to raise awareness around and eliminate the use of the word midget,’” the USDA said. “The petition further stated that, ‘Though the use of the word midget by the USDA when classifying certain food products is benign, Little People of America, and the dwarfism community, hopes that the USDA would consider phasing out the term midget.’”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-to...aisins-midget/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Russ, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Just get an MG MIDGET and make em cringe...

4. Thanks Russ, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Russ, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I read this, more PC crap. But then hell, I read they want it REMOVED FROM SOCIETY!! WTH?? Are people really this frail in life that they need words removed from ever being heard again? EVery damn day, another group or another person offended by something. Then go back in your damn houses and STFU already.

----

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued a regulation on Thursday to stop referring to midget raisins as “midget” after an activist group called the term offensive.

The USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) issued the proposed rule, announcing the U.S. “Standards for Grades of Processed Raisins” would eliminate all five times the word midget is used. Midget has long been used to describe the differences in sizes of California raisins.

“The action would clarify AMS grade standards by eliminating the use of the term ‘midget,’ while consistently using the term ‘small’ for raisins graded in that category,” the USDA said in the proposed rule. “The industry has used the two grade terms interchangeably for years. The proposed grade standards would be applied uniformly by all handlers.”

“These changes would modernize and clarify the standards by removing dual terminology for the same requirement,” the agency said.

The government said the change was prompted by a request from the Little People of America, a nonprofit membership organization for people of short stature.

The group wants to eliminate the word “midget” from society, and zeroed in on the raisin classification, although they said it was a benign use of the term.

“On May 13, 2013, AMS received a petition from the Little People of America stating that they ‘are trying to raise awareness around and eliminate the use of the word midget,’” the USDA said. “The petition further stated that, ‘Though the use of the word midget by the USDA when classifying certain food products is benign, Little People of America, and the dwarfism community, hopes that the USDA would consider phasing out the term midget.’”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-to...aisins-midget/
    This PC crap is what you get when you have liberal retards, who never progressed past the 3rd grade maturity-wise, making the rules and the laws. We are now officially an Idiocracy.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Would someone please pass me the nigger toes?

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Control the language, control the thinking .. it's straight out of Orwell's '1984'. Lefties actually think that Orwell's nightmare vision is the way to go !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Who are these "activists" that constantly are on the lookout for things to get offended at? And why can't anyone in any of these government agencies just tell them to shut the hell up and go get a real job? ("Activist" doesn't count). However much of my tax dollars was spent to employ these knuckleheads at the Department of Agriculture, I want it back now.
    The term "midget" is not derogatory, it just means small version. And whatever term they start to use now in its place to mean small version - give people 10 years and I'm sure they will start saying that new term has become derogatory. And so on, and so on.
    Last edited by Russ; 08-20-2015 at 07:57 PM.

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Who are these "activists" that constantly are on the lookout for things to get offended at? And why can't anyone in any of these government agencies just tell them to shut the hell up and go get a real job? ("Activist" doesn't count). However much of my tax dollars was spent to employ these knuckleheads at the Department of Agriculture, I want it back now.
    The term "midget" is not derogatory, it just means small version. And whatever term they start to use now in its place to mean small version - give people 10 years and I'm sure they will start saying that new term has become derogatory. And so on, and so on.
    Well what do you expect from people with midget brains and massively , massive egos???? -Tyr
    Truth kills them.....they run from it as if it is -The Black Death.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

16. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why even call them midget raisins? They're just small raisins, we're wasting a syllable on calling them midgets. I mean, Dwarf Raisins could work, but small raisins is fine.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Why even call them midget raisins? They're just small raisins, we're wasting a syllable on calling them midgets. I mean, Dwarf Raisins could work, but small raisins is fine.
    I say go with Dwarf Raisins.. has that mythical , "fairy-like" appeal. The gays should like it too. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

any of you ever been to New London, CT to see the MIDGET SUBMARINE??

Last edited by Voted4Reagan; 08-21-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Who wants to go see the MIDGET RACES??

21. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)