Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Foo Fighters turn tables on Westboro Church

The Westboro Church turned out in force to protest a recent Kansas City concert by the Foo Fighters.
    The Foos responded by driving by the protest in a truck, blaring loud music to drown out the protest. The song was, of course, "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.
    Yes, the WBC was Rick Rolled!
    Sorry guys... God Hates Trash.

2. Thanks Voted4Reagan, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Dave Grohl...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Westboro Church turned out in force to protest a recent Kansas City concert by the Foo Fighters.
    The Foos responded by driving by the protest in a truck, blaring loud music to drown out the protest. The song was, of course, "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.
    Walk on water lately, Gabs? Crap like your post might make you feel superior, but solves nothing. I would be satisfied if they stopped picketing military funerals. No apology needed, no sackcloth and ashes, they just need to knock it off. If knocking it off gets them some veteran support, even better.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

5. Thanks Voted4Reagan thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Best Gabby Post in YEARS!!!!

Great Post Gabby!!!

We knew you had it in you!!!
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    Best Gabby Post in YEARS!!!!

Great Post Gabby!!!

We knew you had it in you!!!
    The difference is I have the ability to visit their church, let them know I support their underlying mission then talk to them about how picketing military funerals is counterproductive to the cause.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    The difference is I have the ability to visit their church, let them know I support their underlying mission then talk to them about how picketing military funerals is counterproductive to the cause.
    No... you don't visit them

You OSTRACIZE them. You marginalize them because their message is one of hate. It follows no Gospel of any Christian/Judaic Teaching. If you go in there and tell them you support their underlying mission you support the same things they do.

So congratulations... YOU SUPPORT HATE.

HATE OF THOSE WHO ARE LGBT
    HATE OF ALL OTHER FAITHS
    HATE OF OUR TROOP
    HATE OF POPULAR CULTURE AND MUSIC

What do they love?? Certainly not Jesus and his Gospels.... Jesus never discriminated or hated another soul.

BUT YOU SUPPORT THEIR UNDERLYING MISSION..

But you yourself are driven by the same things...

You hate Gays/Lesbians/Bisexuals and Trans-Intersexed people
    You hate other religions even though you have never taken the time to learn about them.
    You hate people based on the color of their skin... you certainly have bandied the "N" word around enough to show you have no tolerence for African Americans

Yeah... you support their main and underlying mission...Hate everything that isn't White and fits neatly in their skewed little Westboro Baptist perspective..

You cant Cherry pick small pieces of what you like about them... You either dismiss them as racist out of hand or you are a supporter of their vitriol and their hatred.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Ephesians 4:2

You are neither humble, Gentle or Patient... and you certainly dont do anything out of Love.

That concept is as vacuous as a Black hole to you..

Now go attened a Westboro service... I amd sure they'd love to have you and you anti-christian views among them.

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

10. Thanks gabosaurus thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

No... you don't visit them

You OSTRACIZE them. You marginalize them because their message is one of hate. It follows no Gospel of any Christian/Judaic Teaching. If you go in there and tell them you support their underlying mission you support the same things they do.

So congratulations... YOU SUPPORT HATE.

How's that working out for you? Have they stopped picketing military funerals? Your approach appears rather counterproductive. Do you want them to stop picketing military funerals or not? I'm results oriented; you're not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

How's that working out for you? Have they stopped picketing military funerals? Your approach appears rather counterproductive. Do you want them to stop picketing military funerals or not? I'm results oriented; you're not.
    No...you're just a supporter of Westboro.

and deal with my WHOLE REPLY.... you Cherry Picking Hypocrite...

If you had Children they'd look like this...

Captain America

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

and their reply to you?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    and their reply to you?
    It's on my "bucket list". It means making a 500 mile drive.

No...you're just a supporter of Westboro.

and deal with my WHOLE REPLY.... you Cherry Picking Hypocrite...

If you had Children they'd look like this...

It's called filtering out irrelevant information, a hallmark of effective problem-solving. It's hard work finding the 5% of your posts that are coherent. You should be grateful for my effort. I see you still haven't learned anything about belittling people's families. That's another difference between you and I. I support the success of this message board and you don't. I'm task-committed to not repelling new members.
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-30-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You're in need of a better bucket list.
    They've exiled members of their family (until then lifelong members of the church) who questioned their methods, i don't think they'll have much care for your thoughts on the matter.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Why just military funerals? Why not all funerals they picket or plan to picket? All you have mentioned is military funerals. Do you think it's okay for them to picket all but military funerals? I think they should stop picketing all funerals. It serves no purpose but to add to the pain of the loved ones of the deceased.

Bottom line, the religion of the Westboro Baptist Church is hate. Nothing else. Just hate. And maybe inbreeding...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

17. Thanks gabosaurus thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It's called filtering out irrelevant information, a hallmark of effective problem-solving. It's hard work finding the 5% of your posts that are coherent. You should be grateful for my effort. I see you still haven't learned anything about belittling people's families. That's another difference between you and I. I support the success of this message board and you don't. I'm task-committed to not repelling new members.
    Go ahead... Go support them.outside of the issue of the troops you agree with almost everything else they say... you'll fit right in..

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You support yourself and your own misogynist, self-congratulatory ideas and thought processes.
    WBC preaches hate. They will hate you if you ever show up. Because you are not one of them.

20. Thanks Voted4Reagan thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You support yourself and your own misogynist, self-congratulatory ideas and thought processes.
    WBC preaches hate. They will hate you if you ever show up. Because you are not one of them.

Captain America