Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For every £1 of petrol (gas), we pay 60p in tax.

A litre of petrol costs, say, £1.10 per litre. There are 3.78541178 litres to one US gallon. So that's £1.10 x 3.78541178 = £4.16 per US gallon. At the moment £1 = $1.52 so if you paid UK prices for 1 US gallon of gas, that would cost you $6.33 and $3.80 of that would go in taxation. How much is 1 US gallon of petrol (gas)?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What is Trump's position or stance on reversing the Obamanation? Defunding PP? Repealing Obamacare? Rolling back tax increases on the middle class and instead, giving the middle class tax breaks. Bringing jobs back to the USA by tax incentives to companies that keep jobs here. Rolling back the legally passed via Congress stipulation that the welfare recipients all must seek work in order to keep drawing taxpayer $$$. Eliminating the EOs Barry has made. Taking Barry's nuke deal and shoving it where it belongs (or where the sun don't shine re: Barry).

I could go on and on, but seriously.....Trump taxing hedge fund managers is the very LEAST of America's problems and issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    How much is 1 US gallon of petrol (gas)?
    It varies around the nation. I filled up a few days ago and paid I believe it was like $3.19 per gallon? Last time I was in New Jersey (only like 60 miles away), I had filled up for like $2.79 a gallon.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Re Iran deal, he said he believes in honoring deals. So that wouldn't go anywhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It varies around the nation. I filled up a few days ago and paid I believe it was like $3.19 per gallon? Last time I was in New Jersey (only like 60 miles away), I had filled up for like $2.79 a gallon.
    Yup. $2.65 in Tucson. $3.99 in Los Angeles last weekend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Re Iran deal, he said he believes in honoring deals. So that wouldn't go anywhere.
    Then obviously....Trump isn't the man for the job.

(but I knew that)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I don't think anyone except the buffoons making the deal and their minions think that the Iran deal is a good one.

But what do you want him to do? Unilaterally scrap it? Is that legal once signed with other countries? Isn't everyone concerned with having a President that respects the rule of law? I know I am.

The problem is that as bad as the deal is, there are other secret agreements involved. Obviously, these little nuggets are sure to be chock full of bad news for us, and that's why they are being kept secret. It's pretty hard to make statements about something that you don't fully understand - and making statements without having the full picture is a sure way to getting bitten in the ass.

I'm sure that there will be a stance elaborated on once all the details are public. And at that point, corrective measures can be announced and put into play.

There is no end to the amount of disastrous policies enacted by this administration and it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to correct them and get the country back on track.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I don't think anyone except the buffoons making the deal and their minions think that the Iran deal is a good one.

But what do you want him to do? Unilaterally scrap it? Is that legal once signed with other countries? Isn't everyone concerned with having a President that respects the rule of law? I know I am.

The problem is that as bad as the deal is, there are other secret agreements involved. Obviously, these little nuggets are sure to be chock full of bad news for us, and that's why they are being kept secret. It's pretty hard to make statements about something that you don't fully understand - and making statements without having the full picture is a sure way to getting bitten in the ass.

I'm sure that there will be a stance elaborated on once all the details are public. And at that point, corrective measures can be announced and put into play.

There is no end to the amount of disastrous policies enacted by this administration and it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to correct them and get the country back on track.
    Not sure of the legality of violating whatever this turd is. It's not a treaty. I have heard ( I think it was William Cohen) that it would be difficult to go back on because we have to "go it alone"...
    The price of oil should come down considerably so countries are not going to be in a hurry to renege. In a screwed up way, we have to hope Iran violates the deal without serious repercussions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
    For every £1 of petrol (gas), we pay 60p in tax.

A litre of petrol costs, say, £1.10 per litre. There are 3.78541178 litres to one US gallon. So that's £1.10 x 3.78541178 = £4.16 per US gallon. At the moment £1 = $1.52 so if you paid UK prices for 1 US gallon of gas, that would cost you $6.33 and $3.80 of that would go in taxation. How much is 1 US gallon of petrol (gas)?

I filled up last night for $1.999 per gallon.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tax

Your taxes pay for illegal immigrants, debt, war, curfews, gun bans, NSA wiretapping, checkpoints, forfeiture, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, torture, kill lists, no fly lists, searches without warrants, private prisons, mandatory minimums, 3 strikes laws, DNA databases, CISPA, SOPA, NDAA, IMBRA, FBAR, FATCA, TSA groping, secret FISA courts, and Jade Helm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debater View Post
    Your taxes pay for illegal immigrants, debt, war, curfews, gun bans, NSA wiretapping, checkpoints, forfeiture, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, torture, kill lists, no fly lists, searches without warrants, private prisons, mandatory minimums, 3 strikes laws, DNA databases, CISPA, SOPA, NDAA, IMBRA, FBAR, FATCA, TSA groping, secret FISA courts, and Jade Helm.
    Another thread from 2015 checks in .... Your taxes apparently pay so you can be a couple of years behind up to speed.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Another thread from 2015 checks in .... Your taxes apparently pay so you can be a couple of years behind up to speed.
    This fucker ain't in his right mind, Gunny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This fucker ain't in his right mind, Gunny.
    Y'think? One thread to another with some stupid propaganda he stole from a 50s Cold War B flick.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tax

I expect to see trade wars, foreign policy disasters, a few race riots, a decrease in personal liberty, higher taxes, higher inflation and probably, economic collapse. The silver lining is, secession will probably become more feasible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debater View Post
    I expect to see trade wars, foreign policy disasters, a few race riots, a decrease in personal liberty, higher taxes, higher inflation and probably, economic collapse. The silver lining is, secession will probably become more feasible.
    i expect to see you crushed like a gnat.