Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default The Pope's Special Limited Time Abortion Offer

During Jubilee, priests can absolve faithful of abortion sin, pope says
    Can homosexuality be the next stop for that bus?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09...?intcmp=hplnws
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

2. Thanks jimnyc, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Abortion is and always was considered a "mortal sin" within the church, and still should be, IMO. Perhaps penance, but I don't think absolution.

---
    Mortal sins in Catholic theology are wrongful acts that condemn a person to Hell after death if unforgiven. These sins are considered "mortal" because they constitute a rupture in a person's link to God's saving grace: the person's soul becomes "dead", not merely weakened. A mortal sin is not necessarily a sin that cannot be repented, unlike an Eternal sin. Thus, even after a mortal sin has been committed, there is a chance for repentance. According to Catholic teaching, repentance and a firm resolution to sin no more (with at least imperfect contrition) restores the link to God's saving grace in the sacrament of penance; and restoration outside confession if the contrition is perfect. Perfect contrition arises from a love of God, who has been grievously offended by a sinful act.[1] When perfect contrition is the means by which one seeks to restore one's relationship with God, there must also be a resolution to confess mortal sins in confession (if possible), as soon as possible.[2] The verse from which the term "mortal" sin is derived likely comes from the 1 John 5:16-17.

----

In Roman Catholic moral theology, a sin considered to be more severe or mortal is distinct from a venial sin and must meet all of the following conditions:

Its subject must be a grave (or serious) matter.
    It must be committed with full knowledge, both of the sin and of the gravity of the offense.
    It must be committed with deliberate and complete consent, enough for it to have been a personal decision to commit the sin.

------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

If the Vatican had a "tolerance summit" where people with a proven history of anti-Catholicism were invited, I would state the thing I despise the most about Catholicism is tolerance for the occult in general. It is specifically bad in Brazil.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    If the Vatican had a "tolerance summit" where people with a proven history of anti-Catholicism were invited, I would state the thing I despise the most about Catholicism is tolerance for the occult in general. It is specifically bad in Brazil.
    I have to wonder, in this politically correct environment we live in - is the church bending a little to appease the masses and joining the PC group? I didn't think I would ever see that, and I hope I'm wrong.

And YES, if one can absolve the murder of a child, then homosexuality is tiny next to that.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock